Biden tops Clinton's SoS short list. UPDATE: Biden rules it out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:33:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Biden tops Clinton's SoS short list. UPDATE: Biden rules it out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden tops Clinton's SoS short list. UPDATE: Biden rules it out  (Read 2195 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: October 28, 2016, 05:21:43 AM »

I'm half joking, but I'm sure Biden was offered something in exchange for not running.

He was "offered" the opportunity to not end his political career with a humiliating 3rd place finish.

You've been repeating this nonsense for months. Give it a rest.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 08:17:42 AM »

Fun fact: if nominated, Biden would be just second VP to serve as the cabinet secretary after John C. Calhoun (also the state).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 11:25:34 AM »

A 74-year-old gaffe machine heading our foreign policy and diplomatic relations?  Seems legit.

But honestly, had Biden during his two terms as VP ever caused a diplomatic incident?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 11:27:40 AM »

I'm half joking, but I'm sure Biden was offered something in exchange for not running.

He was "offered" the opportunity to not end his political career with a humiliating 3rd place finish.

Come on, Biden would've done better than Sanders.

Yes. As much as I like Sanders, a lot of his power came from being pretty much the only opposition to Hillary. In Hillary v. sitting Vice President race the focus would be on them and Sanders wouldn't get so much exposure. Plus, Biden would be much more attractive for those reluctant to back Hillary who ended up supporting her due to having no one else.

I'm not saying he would've won the nomination (it would be probably a close run), but I definitively see him getting more popular vote support than Bernie did.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 12:20:53 PM »

Kerry was on the Axfiles podcast and virtually said he's expecting not to be reappointed as SOS- said he wants to go into the Private Sector.

I love Biden but please don't make him Secretary of State. Unlike Obama HRC doesn't need to focus on a recession, and doesn't need an elder statesmen figure. I really think she'll appoint a diplomat

I'll trust Biden more with handling foreign policy than Hillary.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 05:06:44 PM »

First you decide, at the very last moment, not to run for President and now you rule out this?

Sometimes you're pissing me off, Joe.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies