FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 08:31:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 86647 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: October 30, 2016, 11:08:41 PM »

So apparently the FBI wanted to investigate the Clinton Foundation but the DoJ wasn't on board, according to the WSJ report. There are conflicting reports whether the Foundation is under investigation.

I'm sure you'll send out positive vibes to make it so.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1476 on: October 30, 2016, 11:11:08 PM »

henster and OC both back in the same day? I think this is foreshadowing a jfern reappearance.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1477 on: October 30, 2016, 11:15:14 PM »

henster and OC both back in the same day? I think this is foreshadowing a jfern reappearance.

If Clinton's numbers mange to hold up, I assume they'll all disappear.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #1478 on: October 31, 2016, 02:06:27 AM »

From Seven news Melbourne: 'trump is back in the race because of clinton's emails.

Would it be ok if I punched out my tv and everyone involved?
Wade McDaniel
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1479 on: October 31, 2016, 02:07:41 AM »

Thats 650,000 emails from Weiner's laptop.

Imagine the poor soul who has to look through Anthony Weiners' 650,000 emails.

You'd probably know everything about his penis after about 25.

Notice how is compliant wife is never more than 3 feet away from Hillary too!
apricot
Rookie

« Reply #1480 on: October 31, 2016, 04:04:41 AM »

From Seven news Melbourne: 'trump is back in the race because of clinton's emails.

I'm in Brisbane right now. Very annoying news coverage over here for sure... Straight from Fox News I guess.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1481 on: October 31, 2016, 04:06:32 AM »

I'm in Brisbane right now. Very annoying news coverage over here for sure... Straight from Fox News I guess.
lol, wouldn't be surprised if sources like Fox or Breitbart were paying them off right now XD
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1482 on: October 31, 2016, 04:10:45 AM »

lol, wouldn't be surprised if sources like Fox or Breitbart were paying them off right now XD

How annoying is the Australian coverage of the US Presidential election?

It is basically an ill informed bunch of journalists reporting on a schizoid Election race through a cheesy commercial TV outlet.

Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1483 on: October 31, 2016, 04:13:47 AM »

It is basically an ill informed bunch of journalists reporting on a schizoid Election race through a cheesy commercial TV outlet.

The election coverage here is basically the journalists just spinning stories from days ago the way they want to.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1484 on: October 31, 2016, 04:24:20 AM »

The election coverage here is basically the journalists just spinning stories from days ago the way they want to.

The lack of knowledge is infuriating.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #1485 on: October 31, 2016, 06:38:10 AM »

There does seems to be signs that the market is getting warmer to the fact that while Clinton will take some losses from this affair it will not likely lead to her losing the election.  The USD index weight value of Mexican Peso (MXN) was down 1.7% at the end of trading on Friday relative to where it was when the news broke.  When the currencies market opened last night it was down 2.0% relative to when the news broke.  Now were had a few polls out showing the race tightening but not a collapse of Clinton support it is down 1.2% relative to when the story broke.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #1486 on: October 31, 2016, 07:13:40 AM »

British media pretty much in on the same circus act, alas.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1487 on: October 31, 2016, 07:42:31 AM »

This could all be over very quickly:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/will-comey-bombshell-really-shake-2016-race-n675606
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1488 on: October 31, 2016, 07:58:20 AM »

So it's not surprising at all, but Morning Joe is just exploding with venom at Clinton and her campaign. I have to say their ever wild take on this election is getting old.
Hydera

« Reply #1489 on: October 31, 2016, 08:27:55 AM »

Even if they found classified information on Huma' emails it wouldnt be relevant because she and other aides wrote them for Hillary and in case your wondering. Thats legal otherwise all the past secretary of state aides would be in legal jeopardy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clinton-on-her-private-server-wrote-104-emails-the-government-says-are-classified/2016/03/05/11e2ee06-dbd6-11e5-81ae-7491b9b9e7df_story.html

Other close aides to Clinton, including Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills and Deputy Chief of Staff Huma Abedin, also authored dozens of such notes. Top officials outside of State wrote some, too, including Clinton’s eventual successor at State, John F. Kerry, who was then a senator.

Yea its unlikely they'll just report the news that nothing occured. If anything its another week of speculation and analysis just as they did in july.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1490 on: October 31, 2016, 10:41:19 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2016, 11:03:31 AM by Speed of Sound »

Like Morning Consult found absolutely no movement, neither has Yougov. At all.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/benlauderdale/status/793111911579738114
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1491 on: October 31, 2016, 10:55:24 AM »

Like Monmouth found absolutely no movement, neither has Yougov. At all.

I suppose you mean Morning Consult?

Well, it is up to you to trust A+/A-/no rating/ that did find some indication, or B+/no rating/C+ that didn't Roll Eyes

ABC/IBD/LA Times vs YouGov/Morning/Rasmussen.

** Rating according to 538

Just wait a day or two before any conclusions...
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1492 on: October 31, 2016, 11:03:21 AM »

I haven't read the whole thread, so help me out if I missed something. Has anyone considered that the FBI may be not only looking for new classified emails, but also for emails that indicate intent to mishandle classified emails?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1493 on: October 31, 2016, 11:04:52 AM »

Like Monmouth found absolutely no movement, neither has Yougov. At all.

I suppose you mean Morning Consult?

Well, it is up to you to trust A+/A-/no rating/ that did find some indication, or B+/no rating/C+ that didn't Roll Eyes

I did mean Morning Consult, thanks. If you're claiming the trackers show movement, you should know better than to assume tracker movement can be correlated to damn near anything. I'm talking about a mix of poll numbers and expert opinion.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1494 on: October 31, 2016, 11:07:28 AM »

I haven't read the whole thread, so help me out if I missed something. Has anyone considered that the FBI may be not only looking for new classified emails, but also for emails that indicate intent to mishandle classified emails?

I don't think anybody knows. There is speculation that the FBI must have found something troubling for Comey  to do what he did, but that is all it is, speculation. All the FBI is saying is that they want to review the emails. I don't think they have even admitted that they actually read any yet.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #1495 on: October 31, 2016, 11:15:35 AM »

It's telling that the foreign papers are still reporting this email investigation specifically as a "Clinton" email investigation -- their confusion likely reflects what a US voter thinks after gleaning headlines of Yahoo News, or listening to the first 40 seconds of the evening news, or trolling through online social media gossip. In that case, it remains very bad for Clinton.

And don't expect this issue to die, either. Ongoing rounds of the "Clinton" email scandal will generate headlines and editorials through Election Day. Pollsters reporting only the single-day movement from the initial FBI press release is not an intelligent reading of either the polls or the electorate.
Hydera

« Reply #1496 on: October 31, 2016, 11:23:25 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2016, 11:35:28 AM by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »

Probably. but Its a low possibility that they will find intention to mishandle classified emails.

We have two cases where classified information was intentionally mishandled which was in the Petraeus case where he gave emails to his lover and biographer so she could write a biography and Petraeus getting ass in return. And then Jonathan Pollard where he passed classified information to Israel for personal financial gain and what he felt was a duty to Israel because of his jewish heritage.

At this point the only speculation we have is if Hillary gave classified emails to weiner which is super unlikely considering classified intelligence especially the ones hillary received which was on topics like drone strikes while Weiner's career was focused on his failed mayoral bids.

And if Huma shared classified information to Weiner or somebody else then it still doesn't change the decision because it's on Huma not hillary.

Back to the classified emails I find it upsetting that news reports aren't also reporting that classified emails in huma's files as long as she did not intended to mishandle classified information (which it still then would be huma in legal jeopardy not hillary). Huma having classified emails is not illegal since she was an aide for Hillary and with hillary's other aides had help written classified emails. Otherwise the aides of all the past secretary of state would be jail for having classified information the second they started writing them for their superior.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #1497 on: October 31, 2016, 03:44:09 PM »

I don't think anybody knows. There is speculation that the FBI must have found something troubling for Comey  to do what he did, but that is all it is, speculation. All the FBI is saying is that they want to review the emails. I don't think they have even admitted that they actually read any yet.

But even if they did, that would be illegal without a search warrant
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1498 on: October 31, 2016, 03:55:00 PM »

I highly doubt Comey would do what he did unless they found something that may alter the course of the investigation. It just doesn't make sense otherwise, unless it was a maneuver to cover himself in case he's hailed back in front of congress for saying they had closed the investigation when in fact they have not.

I don't think he would do this just to influence the election. There are obviously a lot of rumors out there, but if any of them are true, it's horrible news for HRC.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1499 on: October 31, 2016, 03:59:29 PM »

I highly doubt Comey would do what he did unless they found something that may alter the course of the investigation. It just doesn't make sense otherwise, unless it was a maneuver to cover himself in case he's hailed back in front of congress for saying they had closed the investigation when in fact they have not.

I don't think he would do this just to influence the election. There are obviously a lot of rumors out there, but if any of them are true, it's horrible news for HRC.

He literally doesn't even know what is in these emails. He did this to cover his ass, so he doesn't get roasted by Republicans after the election.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies