FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:11:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 86771 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: October 28, 2016, 08:46:34 PM »

This is a mix of relief and pissed off beyond belief. Relief because it looks like this all about nothing, and pissed off for that very same reason.

I'm pissed off because even though there's absolutely nothing there, the media will still spin this into a GAME CHANGER/OCTOBER SURPRISE and voters will buy into it.

The future of American democracy is in danger because of an internal feud between FBI offices.

Seriously... calm. Some voters will buy into it, but nowhere near enough.
Also, your nonchalant/above it all attitude is betraying your panic, as is your need to consistently remind people that this isn't a real story. If American voters are concerned, they will respond in the polls and at the polls on November 8th.

This is a mix of relief and pissed off beyond belief. Relief because it looks like this all about nothing, and pissed off for that very same reason.

I'm pissed off because even though there's absolutely nothing there, the media will still spin this into a GAME CHANGER/OCTOBER SURPRISE and voters will buy into it.

The future of American democracy is in danger because of an internal feud between FBI offices.

Thank you! The media is desperate for ratings so they'll do anything to spin this false narrative that the race is "tightening." Sad!
Really? CNN has been telling me that Trump is going to lose UT, GA, and maybe TX, and that if I go to vote for him all I'm doing is wasting my time. I've been hearing it for like three weeks.
When your candidate sucks ass, that is going to happen.  Doesn't mean that they don't want to get the clicks from a horse race.
So when a candidate sucks ass, the media is of course going to pounce on it. Like they are on your candidate. Right now. Right before an election.
You might think that, but at the same time your mind has been rotten by Trumpism, so it is somewhat biased.
Was that supposed to be clever or funny or something?
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #926 on: October 28, 2016, 08:47:22 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 08:49:41 PM by Storebought »

The worst thing is if this current email "scandal" turns out like the Bush DUI did in 2000* and permanently depresses her turnout. In any case, all of the election trackers will have Trump +6 any day now.

*In fact, the more I think of it, Bush would have lost outright -- PV and EV -- had the DUI story broke one week sooner than it did. Just like this email business.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #927 on: October 28, 2016, 08:48:00 PM »

Also, your nonchalant/above it all attitude is betraying your panic, as is your need to consistently remind people that this isn't a real story. If American voters are concerned, they will respond in the polls and at the polls on November 8th.

Thank you! The media is desperate for ratings so they'll do anything to spin this false narrative that the race is "tightening." Sad!
Really? CNN has been telling me that Trump is going to lose UT, GA, and maybe TX, and that if I go to vote for him all I'm doing is wasting my time. I've been hearing it for like three weeks.
When your candidate sucks ass, that is going to happen.  Doesn't mean that they don't want to get the clicks from a horse race.
So when a candidate sucks ass, the media is of course going to pounce on it. Like they are on your candidate. Right now. Right before an election.

One thing I can tell you... I'm not in any way panicking. Not. At. All.

One thing though, I hope you've not gone back to the meetings, because you're acting like you did when you were.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #928 on: October 28, 2016, 08:48:02 PM »

When your candidate sucks ass, that is going to happen.  Doesn't mean that they don't want to get the clicks from a horse race.
You might think that, but at the same time your mind has been rotten by Trumpism, so it is somewhat biased.
Was that supposed to be clever or funny or something?
No, just an observation. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #929 on: October 28, 2016, 08:49:51 PM »

So this all could be not even ass covering or sh**twolf calling but dog wagging on a Civil Rights scandal?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #930 on: October 28, 2016, 09:00:13 PM »

This scandal is huge, but remember, this is the FBI.

LOL.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #931 on: October 28, 2016, 09:04:53 PM »

The worst thing is if this current email "scandal" turns out like the Bush DUI did in 2000* and permanently depresses her turnout. In any case, all of the election trackers will have Trump +6 any day now.

*In fact, the more I think of it, Bush would have lost outright -- PV and EV -- had the DUI story broke one week sooner than it did. Just like this email business.

The difference now is we can see what turnout looks like in lots of early voting states and track rises and dips. Early voting wasn't really a thing in 2000
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #932 on: October 28, 2016, 09:05:57 PM »

Wait... you're being serious. My God, this campaign cannot end soon enough.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #933 on: October 28, 2016, 09:06:06 PM »

This is going to backfire BIGLY. Mark my words.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #934 on: October 28, 2016, 09:11:29 PM »

When your candidate sucks ass, that is going to happen.  Doesn't mean that they don't want to get the clicks from a horse race.

One thing I can tell you... I'm not in any way panicking. Not. At. All.

One thing though, I hope you've not gone back to the meetings, because you're acting like you did when you were.
Meetings?
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #935 on: October 28, 2016, 09:14:44 PM »

mark_twain
United States

« Reply #936 on: October 28, 2016, 09:17:30 PM »

In the end, only one individual will be disgraced...Donald Trump.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #937 on: October 28, 2016, 09:17:40 PM »

Well, this is a James Comey/FBI scandal more than a Clinton scandal at this point
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #938 on: October 28, 2016, 09:19:08 PM »

I cannot believe the bed wetting that I have read from some members on the first 11 pages or so.
Some people just went hysterical-crazy like the world was ending.
Get a grip !
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #939 on: October 28, 2016, 09:19:34 PM »

Either the Clinton team has hard evidence of Trump committing a crime or this is over.  I'm serious.

E-mails that didn't come from her, had nothing to do with her server, had nothing to do with any sensitive information, and a letter was sent out with no evidence to back it up 11 days before an election, indicating political expediency more than any investigative integrity. Lastly, she called him out on it. You are seriously missing what's going on for you to say that.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #940 on: October 28, 2016, 09:20:16 PM »

Trump is still going to lose. I'm not sure like anyone thinks otherwise, since this whole "scandal" doesn't even have any evidence of wrongdoing or a crime.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #941 on: October 28, 2016, 09:21:24 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 09:23:26 PM by Fmr President & Senator Polnut »

Either the Clinton team has hard evidence of Trump committing a crime or this is over.  I'm serious.

You've been ridiculous this WHOLE season, that's the only way to explain this.

You've argued that even at her peak, Clinton would win by 2-3% max, therefore it makes sense that you've gone off the deep end on this one.

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #942 on: October 28, 2016, 09:22:49 PM »

If this even does cost Clinton votes, I don't see it being more than a percent or two. So maybe she wins by 5-6 instead of 7-8. Whatever.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #943 on: October 28, 2016, 09:27:01 PM »

If this even does cost Clinton votes, I don't see it being more than a percent or two. So maybe she wins by 5-6 instead of 7-8. Whatever.

Such a blind hack, obviously this is over. I mean, seriously.

But yes, this is my feel, this only hurts on the periphery.
Hydera

« Reply #944 on: October 28, 2016, 09:27:09 PM »

Trump is still going to lose. I'm not sure like anyone thinks otherwise, since this whole "scandal" doesn't even have any evidence of wrongdoing or a crime.

Sure a lot of people cant find it in their head to vote for Trump. But the friggin optics is bad and probably causes a mixture of people who wont vote for hillary now and will stay home l vote for trump if their undecided, or were going to vote for hillary but now switching to trump or republicans who have been reenergized by this headline. Enough to make make her victory be more meager now. Every election theres a large amount of people whose opinions change easily and are crucial.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #945 on: October 28, 2016, 09:29:04 PM »

You've argued that even at her peak, Clinton would win by 2-3% max, therefore it makes sense that you've gone off the deep end on this one.

I thought it would be Clinton +2.5 for the whole season, even when Trump was getting his convention/1st FBI bounce.  This reminds me of the Bush DUI more than anything else.  I now think Clinton will lose the electoral college and the PV could go either way.

Sorry, this is legitimately mad.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #946 on: October 28, 2016, 09:29:50 PM »

Either the Clinton team has hard evidence of Trump committing a crime or this is over.  I'm serious.

I thought it would be Clinton +2.5 for the whole season, even when Trump was getting his convention/1st FBI bounce.  This reminds me of the Bush DUI more than anything else.  I now think Clinton will lose the electoral college and the PV could go either way.

Except the Bush DUI was real. Yes the initial optics of this are crap, but this story seems to be quickly transforming itself into a Comey dun goofed scenario.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #947 on: October 28, 2016, 09:30:24 PM »

I can't believe how many posts this has racked up in 9 1/2 hours....
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #948 on: October 28, 2016, 09:30:33 PM »

This is funny how easily are Hillary supporters triggered with this, despite repeating all over again "lol, doesn't matter".

And no, I don't think it's a game changer.

I'd probably be considered 'triggered' and think it absolutely matters--as I've said before the American voters are idiots. They'll have whatever opinion TV tells them to have.

This is exactly the type of 100% unscientific garbage #analysis AAD always mocks. LULZ OF COURSE TRUMP WILL WIN BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID

Care to tell me where in my statement I said any of that? I replied to somebody who said everybody was triggered while simultaneously saying there's nothing to worry about. You might want to actually put some thought into your replies instead of spewing strawman attack posts.

It was a parody so it's not exact, but the entire basis of your statement is "American voters are idiots" which is a verbatim quote.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #949 on: October 28, 2016, 09:30:44 PM »

Gee, Hillary must be real threatening to some people on this planet.

It's like, all they can think about is sticking it to her however they can.

And they've been trying for years and years.

But lo and behold, look where she is sitting....on the precipice of becoming the first female President of our country.

Guess there must be something she's been doing right in her life.

If emails is all they got then go for it. But doesn't looks as though it's enough to stop her from moving forward with her life, along with moving the country forward and growing along with her in our new trajectory.

You can't keep a good woman down for long. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies