Santorum publishes Extremist Views in his New Book
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:18:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Santorum publishes Extremist Views in his New Book
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Santorum publishes Extremist Views in his New Book  (Read 6728 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2005, 04:56:54 PM »

I am trying to find out who could be worse than Santorum. Thus far I don’t have a candidate.

Ted "Hooker killer" Kennedy.

Troll. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2005, 08:56:09 PM »

I seriously doubt this will even become a semi-major campaign issue.

In 2000, Ron Klink brought up some comments that Santorum made about how he raises his children. Santorum pretty much set the story straight and Klink kept whining about it, trying making Santorum out to be a racist. Now everyone says Klink was incredibly weak but he wasn't all that weak with debating. Casey is. If anyone thinks Casey is going to be one to make this an issue during a debate, for example, you're kidding yourself.

Casey is really stuck between a rock and a hrad place.  If he is going to be "like dad", which is pretty his ticket to victory, he needs to stick to a conservative tone on social issues and cannot attack Santorum for his stances.  However, the groups like Moveon.org and the Deaniacs are going to presure Casey to be like them, if he wants thier help and they are going to target the Hell out of this seat, because of their strong hatred of Santorum.  This is why I am honestly not worried, regardless of what the polls say.  The situation on election day will look nothing like this.  As I said before, by the end, either Casey will lose most of the left wing support, or he will be unrecongnizable from Dean.

I can understand that point and I can see it happening if Casey allows MoveOn and Dean a lot of influence.

Remember what Jimmy Carter said. "We Democrats can beat ourselves."

They might just do that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2005, 08:57:15 PM »

Casey would do well to move to the left on social issues.  You have to remember he is carrying a name, nothing more.  With this leftward movement he will have access to oodles of cash, not have to worry about the peripheral Southeastern PA counties, and hold chunks of central and Northeastern PA intact with the name rec alone.  Now he doesn't have to be Pennacchio, but a leftward movement would benefit him.

If his drift to the left is so obvious, Santorum can hit him on it and those Casey Dems might stick with Rick.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies