Santorum publishes Extremist Views in his New Book (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:16:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Santorum publishes Extremist Views in his New Book (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum publishes Extremist Views in his New Book  (Read 6759 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: July 06, 2005, 02:31:32 PM »

Phil, I do have a strong feeling at leat one of his kids will be messed up when they get older.  He is pushing the envelope on extremism here.  One thing Santorum is good at his hiding it in his rhetoric to make him not sound so bad.  I do not know why supersoulty and KeystonePhil are apologizing for his bumbling asshole.  Game over Phil, HE LOST!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 02:33:54 PM »

I also have a feeling at this point we should scrap Casey in favor of Hoeffel or Hafer.  Would help us in the money department which could out Santorum's extreme views better.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 01:06:08 AM »

I highly doubt they know the extent of his extremism.

Let the Casey campaign make Santorum the issue of this campaign. Let them go negative. If they like the MoveOn folks run the show, Santorum wins the race.

Casey does not have the poltical expirience, nor the convienence, of not allowing himself to be rolled over by the Moveon's and Howard Dean.  You watch.  When this campaign is over, you won't be able to tell the difference from Casey and Kennedy.

I know there is a good chance that Dean and MoveOn will "move on" in to the state and take over. That's a bright area for the Santorum campaign.

I hope so, MoveOn did a pretty good job at delivering PA to Kerry.

Phil, like it or not, of course quotes from this book are going to be taken out of context and used against him. His comments on stay at home moms may single-handedly kill him in the Philly burbs. My mother, a staunch Republican working mom (has never voted for a Democrat for state or national office) is actually pissed off at Santorum and has told me there is no chance he will get her vote.

I admit Santorum has some pretty big balls. But he needs to keep those balls in his pants, or Casey is going to cut them off come election time.

Him also trying to score points on the Terri Schiavo tragedy didn't help either.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 01:15:56 AM »

I seriously doubt this will even become a semi-major campaign issue.

In 2000, Ron Klink brought up some comments that Santorum made about how he raises his children. Santorum pretty much set the story straight and Klink kept whining about it, trying making Santorum out to be a racist. Now everyone says Klink was incredibly weak but he wasn't all that weak with debating. Casey is. If anyone thinks Casey is going to be one to make this an issue during a debate, for example, you're kidding yourself.

Casey is really stuck between a rock and a hrad place.  If he is going to be "like dad", which is pretty his ticket to victory, he needs to stick to a conservative tone on social issues and cannot attack Santorum for his stances.  However, the groups like Moveon.org and the Deaniacs are going to presure Casey to be like them, if he wants thier help and they are going to target the Hell out of this seat, because of their strong hatred of Santorum.  This is why I am honestly not worried, regardless of what the polls say.  The situation on election day will look nothing like this.  As I said before, by the end, either Casey will lose most of the left wing support, or he will be unrecongnizable from Dean.

Casey would do well to move to the left on social issues.  You have to remember he is carrying a name, nothing more.  With this leftward movement he will have access to oodles of cash, not have to worry about the peripheral Southeastern PA counties, and hold chunks of central and Northeastern PA intact with the name rec alone.  Now he doesn't have to be Pennacchio, but a leftward movement would benefit him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies