Santorum publishes Extremist Views in his New Book (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:32:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Santorum publishes Extremist Views in his New Book (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum publishes Extremist Views in his New Book  (Read 6724 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: July 06, 2005, 11:08:25 AM »

Isn't it great how people on the Left keep pointing out to the country that Santorum is saying this that he is not really saying at all?  Why are they so affraid of this guy?

Which DNC report did you rip this one off of, BTW.  Yeah, I get those open memos too.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 11:43:24 AM »

Wait a minute.  Who the hell is saying it if he isn't?  I mean it's his book isn't it?  You can't pass the buck on that.

Pass the buck on what?  Did you even read what I was responding too?  They take a bunch of quotes out of context and "infer" meaning from them, when no such meaning was implied.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 04:55:31 PM »

I highly doubt they know the extent of his extremism.

Let the Casey campaign make Santorum the issue of this campaign. Let them go negative. If they like the MoveOn folks run the show, Santorum wins the race.

Casey does not have the poltical expirience, nor the convienence, of not allowing himself to be rolled over by the Moveon's and Howard Dean.  You watch.  When this campaign is over, you won't be able to tell the difference from Casey and Kennedy.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 10:48:20 PM »

I seriously doubt this will even become a semi-major campaign issue.

In 2000, Ron Klink brought up some comments that Santorum made about how he raises his children. Santorum pretty much set the story straight and Klink kept whining about it, trying making Santorum out to be a racist. Now everyone says Klink was incredibly weak but he wasn't all that weak with debating. Casey is. If anyone thinks Casey is going to be one to make this an issue during a debate, for example, you're kidding yourself.

Casey is really stuck between a rock and a hrad place.  If he is going to be "like dad", which is pretty his ticket to victory, he needs to stick to a conservative tone on social issues and cannot attack Santorum for his stances.  However, the groups like Moveon.org and the Deaniacs are going to presure Casey to be like them, if he wants thier help and they are going to target the Hell out of this seat, because of their strong hatred of Santorum.  This is why I am honestly not worried, regardless of what the polls say.  The situation on election day will look nothing like this.  As I said before, by the end, either Casey will lose most of the left wing support, or he will be unrecongnizable from Dean.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies