Is Blair a great lobbyist? (IOC members admit changed minds after meeting him)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:19:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Is Blair a great lobbyist? (IOC members admit changed minds after meeting him)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Blair a great lobbyist?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Is Blair a great lobbyist? (IOC members admit changed minds after meeting him)  (Read 975 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 06, 2005, 11:28:59 AM »

Tony Blairs greatest skill is that he knows the message he wants to deliver. Everytime you see Bush and Blair together, you see Bush look at Blair in complete admiration of how he tackles the Brutal British press.

Blair faces huge criticism everyday from his relationship with Bush. He convinced Bush prior to the Iraq war that he could get a second resolution. it has been reported that Mexico, Chile, Guinea had been swayed to support the second resolution. Hence, Blair suggested to Bush let the 15 security council members vote. As we have a majority, we can then say look at France, Russia and China  - they want Saddam in power - but the majority want us to invade. That is democracy! But Bush pulled out in th elast minute. Hence we had two resignatinons from the Blair government. So clearly Bush didnt trust Blair.

But today, London why the Olympics and the London bid are praising Blair for his role. The IOC have a lot of respect for Blair and it appears that he may have swung the votes for London.

Blair is already in history for being the first Labor man to have three terms. But he has now helped win London the Olympics against  four of the greatest cities in the world. It is likely that Britain feels a huge sense of pride and they need to thank Prime Minister Blair.

You can see why him and Clinton were such great friends.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 09:20:30 PM »

him and Clinton are friends because they are ideologically similar. Other then that, i'm not going to bother to respond.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 10:08:23 AM »

Yes, I think so. I think Blair is generally held in higher esteem than Bush on an international stage. Clinton was certainly held in higher esteem in the UK than Bush ever will be - basically because people could understand him more clearly; thus enabling him to hold their attention

In my personal interactions, I've never heard anything ill about Bill Clinton come from a Brits lips

Dave
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies