Bernie Sanders/Tulsi Gabbard an official write-in ticket in California
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:34:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie Sanders/Tulsi Gabbard an official write-in ticket in California
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders/Tulsi Gabbard an official write-in ticket in California  (Read 1265 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2016, 08:09:31 PM »

Some of you probably know I've been compiling a list of official write-in candidates from every state.  California finally released their list today, and I got a big surprise!  Bernard "Bernie" Sanders is on the list with Tulsi Gabbard as his running mate.  There's only 4 other official write-ins in California.  They are McMullin, Mike Maturen, Jerry White, and Laurence Kotlikoff

http://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov//statewide-elections/2016-general/list-write-in-candidates.pdf

There are a few states where you can write-in anyone you want, but California isn't one of them.  An official slate of electors has to be filed, but unlike all of the other states that require official write-ins, they don't require the candidates to actually consent to it.  So there will be recorded votes for Sanders/Gabbard in California.  Ron Paul had the same thing in 2008 and Dave Leip has him down as getting 17,006 votes there.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 08:12:12 PM »

Go Jerry White!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 08:16:37 PM »

I guess we know now how jfern will vote.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 08:16:59 PM »

Is Bernie an official write in anywhere else? (Aside from the seven or so states that take anything)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 08:39:10 PM »

Is Bernie an official write in anywhere else? (Aside from the seven or so states that take anything)

Nope, California is the only one apart from the ones you mentioned.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 08:41:37 PM »

yes of course bernie fans pair him with a blue dog democrat.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 08:43:05 PM »

I thought he was voting for Trump
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 09:27:48 PM »

I'm pretty sure he'll vote Trump. He was far more anti-Hillary than pro-Sanders.
cwt

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 12:34:25 AM »

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 12:37:33 AM »

Gabbard gave a nomination speech for Sanders at the convention, and resigned from the DNC to endorse him.
AJAkia
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 03:39:09 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2016, 03:45:07 AM by AJAkia »

I'm all for Team Bernie and Tulsi, and if I was in CA would be voting accordingly.
She not only resigned from the DNC to endorse Bernie for President, nominated Bernie to be President with a phenomenal speech, she herself has been endorsed by Bernie and Our Revolution and will win her re-election in Hawaii.
She's pro-equality/women's rights, supports common-sense gun control, breaking up big banks & reinstating Glass-Steagal type legislation; supports legalizing medical marijuana, against warrantless spying by the Gov't, supports climate-change clean energy initiatives and food sustainability, is pro-GMO labeling. She is also against the interventionist regime-change wars that the US perpetuates, and has introduced legislation to end the current one in Syria.
She is strong on National defense and that's to be expected from a 2-tour war Veteran, currently Major. I'm down with that.
You can check out her positions yourself - votetulsi
Sorry can't post link yet; just add the usual.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 03:49:02 AM »

Gabbard might legit. be the worst Democrat in Congress, and her cult literally combs the entire internet looking for any criticism so they can spread the gospel of Tulsi all ov--

I'm all for Team Bernie and Tulsi, and if I was in CA would be voting accordingly.
She not only resigned from the DNC to endorse Bernie for President, nominated Bernie to be President with a phenomenal speech, she herself has been endorsed by Bernie and Our Revolution and will win her re-election in Hawaii.
She's pro-equality/women's rights, supports common-sense gun control, breaking up big banks & reinstating Glass-Steagal type legislation; supports legalizing medical marijuana, against warrantless spying by the Gov't, supports climate-change clean energy initiatives and food sustainability, is pro-GMO labeling. She is also against the interventionist regime-change wars that the US perpetuates, and has introduced legislation to end the current one in Syria.
She is strong on National defense and that's to be expected from a 2-tour war Veteran, currently Major. I'm down with that.

Well then.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 03:57:25 AM »

Gabbard might legit. be the worst Democrat in Congress, and her cult literally combs the entire internet looking for any criticism so they can spread the gospel of Tulsi all ov--

Well then.

It's hilarious to see people who scream about Hillary being a secret Conservative, to support a modern Blue Dog. She's only a hero because she got her nose out of joint and her tanty ended up looking like principle.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 04:51:37 AM »

Bad! I want Hillary to crack 60% in my favorite state.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 04:55:45 AM »

Blue Dog?

We have a bunch of paid trolls & lunatics in here who support a criminal candidate who has a separate a Public & Private position, who sold her vote in the bankruptcy bill according to Obama & Warren, is completely in tank with big money, has flip flopped on everything, has terrible judgments, continously makes blunders.

You guys should live in your mom's basement or where you live you keyboard warriors. You support a candidate who had her own Private Server the whole time as Secretary of State handling classified material, who voted for the disastrous Iraq War, has a hawkish military policy in Libya & Syria & who has no moral authenticity & core & is incredibly corrupt. She sells favors n time for Foundation donations.

You guys support the Worst Candidate (after Trump) in many decades & you talk about Tulsi being a blue dog. Honestly, people enthusiastically supporting such a flawed, dishonest, corrupt & horrible judgement person HAVE NO RIGHT TO give their opinion because frankly you guys are neither qualified not intelligent enough to have one.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 08:26:36 AM »

I'm pretty sure he'll vote Trump. He was far more anti-Hillary than pro-Sanders.

Jfern sure got a lot in common with WV and OK voters.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 08:44:30 AM »

Some of you probably know I've been compiling a list of official write-in candidates from every state.  California finally released their list today, and I got a big surprise!  Bernard "Bernie" Sanders is on the list with Tulsi Gabbard as his running mate.  There's only 4 other official write-ins in California.  They are McMullin, Mike Maturen, Jerry White, and Laurence Kotlikoff

There's an all-you-can-eat Indian buffet not too far from me called Tulsi.  That's the only other time I have seen that name.

Back on topic.  I have learned that seven states (Arkansas, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Dakota) do not allow write-in candidates, and officials do not count votes for candidates not listed on the ballot.  This means that a write-in candidate could potentially be elected president because there are 494 electoral votes available to that candidate.  In 34 states, including California, write-in presidential candidates must be registered for their ballots to be counted.  That is what I am used to and I spent quite a long time looking for an official list of sanctioned write-in candidates.  Eventually I stumbled upon an article explaining that Pennsylvania, along with six other states, election officials count any candidate who is written in for President.  You won't find lists for those seven states, or for the states that do not allow write-in candidates.  The good news is that if you live in PA you can vote for Bernie Sanders, or Bradford Lyttle, or even Alfred E. Newman.  I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning toward Alfred E. Newman.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies