How much will the fake email scandal hurt Hillary's poll numbers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:51:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How much will the fake email scandal hurt Hillary's poll numbers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: How much will the fake email scandal hurt Hillary's poll numbers  (Read 4302 times)
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2016, 07:16:23 AM »

To call the scandal "fake" is ridiculous.  This is denial at the highest level.

There are lots of whiners here who miss the point.  If Hillary had a government server, as she knew to do, we wouldn't be here.  Period.  But that's not how it played out.  And she attempted to conceal what was on servers; this can't be denied.

If you're disappointed that Donald Trump may well be your next President, here's what you should do.  Go down to the office of Debbie Wasserman Schultz and protest.  Let her know how her going into the tank to clear the path for the nomination of a candidate under FBI investigation when other Democrats not in that position were available to run and able to win and advance the causes they care about.  Out of the literally scores of elected Democrats who could have been credible Presidential candidates, why did they clear the way for a candidate under FBI investigation?  That, by the way, is a question that begs an answer.

We have already discussed the email scandal at length, however, along with the media. Bringing it up again when every f--king voter already knows about it is just dishonest.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2016, 07:27:43 AM »

There are lots of whiners here who miss the point.  If Hillary had a government server, as she knew to do, we wouldn't be here.  Period.  But that's not how it played out.  And she attempted to conceal what was on servers; this can't be denied.

If you're disappointed that Donald Trump may well be your next President, here's what you should do.  Go down to the office of Debbie Wasserman Schultz and protest.  Let her know how her going into the tank to clear the path for the nomination of a candidate under FBI investigation when other Democrats not in that position were available to run and able to win and advance the causes they care about.  Out of the literally scores of elected Democrats who could have been credible Presidential candidates, why did they clear the way for a candidate under FBI investigation?  That, by the way, is a question that begs an answer.

We have already discussed the email scandal at length, however, along with the media. Bringing it up again when every f--king voter already knows about it is just dishonest.

When there's a moratorium on the "Trump's a racist!" irrational rants and the Billy Bush tape, both of which every voter has heard time and again, then I might agree with you.

Hillary's under FBI investigation.  Again.  She's been there for most of her campaign.  This fact seems to cry out for recognition as something unusual; FDR, Nixon, Reagan, and Bill Clinton weren't under FBI investigation when they were running for President.  Such a factor usually puts a prospective candidate on the sidelines.  The fact that Hillary went forward, and the fact that her supporters cleared the Democratic field for her, are truly remarkable events.  They shouldn't be minimized or blown off.  Why the lowering of standards by a political party to push the nomination of a candidate under active FBI investigation with criminal implications?  That IS an ONGOING issue, and a legitimate one.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2016, 07:32:18 AM »

Hillary's under FBI investigation.  Again. 

That was how Jason Chaffetz announced it to the media, but that's not at all clear, actually.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2016, 07:43:27 AM »

So to write a few innocent e-mails is the biggest sin in the entire history of this world (even bigger than all of Hitler's entire lithany of sins combined), but to basically ask for the demolition of an entire country of 160 million people (I count every single US Mexican into this figure as well, as they're as much a part of Trump's anti-Mexico rage and hate) is simply peanuts and nothing one should be even the slightest worried about. According to your reasoning. Wiping Mexico off the map wouldn't bother you the least. That's quite sad. Some e-mails which read "Hi dear ambassador. How ya doin'?" however is a singular crime against humanity. Nice to know. Why don't you shoot the zombie Steve Jobs while you're at it, and maybe Al Gore too, who claimed he invented the internet. Since you hate e-mails so much, that's the only logical conclusion.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2016, 07:47:13 AM »

Hillary's under FBI investigation.  Again. 

That was how Jason Chaffetz announced it to the media, but that's not at all clear, actually.

It's flat out not true
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 07:48:12 AM »

When there's a moratorium on the "Trump's a racist!" irrational rants and the Billy Bush tape, both of which every voter has heard time and again, then I might agree with you.

Trump is proving repeatedly, like more than 20 times (probably more than 100 times to be honest) every single day how utterly racist he is, so how on earth could there ever be a moratorium on this? You're talking out of your ass and you know it. Maybe you should shut your mouth until we can figure out what the heck is going on with you?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2016, 07:50:03 AM »

Hillary will still win of course, because of CO and VA (those states are not made for Trump).

Probably by 47-44-5-2-1-1
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2016, 07:51:49 AM »

So to write a few innocent e-mails is the biggest sin in the entire history of this world (even bigger than all of Hitler's entire lithany of sins combined), but to basically ask for the demolition of an entire country of 160 million people (I count every single US Mexican into this figure as well, as they're as much a part of Trump's anti-Mexico rage and hate) is simply peanuts and nothing one should be even the slightest worried about. According to your reasoning. Wiping Mexico off the map wouldn't bother you the least. That's quite sad. Some e-mails which read "Hi dear ambassador. How ya doin'?" however is a singular crime against humanity. Nice to know. Why don't you shoot the zombie Steve Jobs while you're at it, and maybe Al Gore too, who claimed he invented the internet. Since you hate e-mails so much, that's the only logical conclusion.
Oh, oh, calm down! What's up with those guys from Sweden. Is it because Trump'ish party is again growing despite all the numerous "scandals" Huh

Emails is a legitimate issue. So just let FBI do it's job.

A week ago distrust of system/establishment was a threat against America's Democracy and a sign of dictatorship, wasn't it?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2016, 07:54:32 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2016, 08:01:30 AM by Simfan34 »

I think all this back and forth tells us that people are simply looking for the slightest excuse to vote for Trump.

Hillary will still win of course, because of CO and VA (those states are not made for Trump).

Probably by 47-44-5-2-1-1

Who is the fourth third party? Either way, if she does not take back the House and Senate the next four years will be hell. I have always insisted that if she does not win in a landslide, a genuine landslide, she might as well lose. Only a landslide will give her legitimacy and teach the GOP the lesson it desperately needs to learn by killing off Trumpism. If that doesn't happen, things will only get worse from here. The rhetoric won't go away.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 07:57:02 AM »

I'm not from Sweden, but I wouldn't have minded it if I happened to be. (Many times I wish I were lol.) It just happens so that my country isn't even recognized by this very site. Tongue Which isn't all that strange actually, as they only recognize like 21 countries, or perhaps 17 or something like that. I guess it all comes down to laziness and not wanting to admit to one self that the world does in fact contain a few more than around 20 countries or so. Wink
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 07:58:06 AM »

I would say a 1% drop in the horse race polls, at most.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2016, 07:58:13 AM »

I think all this back and forth tells us that people are simply looking for the slightest excuse to vote for Trump.
That people are dumb narrative? They know he will at least be as as bad as Bush but they want to vote for him because he is the white people version of Dr. Dre and has big screen tvs, blunts, 40s, and bitches.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2016, 07:59:49 AM »

The original Comey press conference hurt her by 2 points according to Nate Silver. I dont forsee this doing more damage than that. I actually dont forsee this doing any damage at all.

Back then it was RV polls (that don't take intentions to vote into account), now it is LV polls. It might decrease Dems' turnout and increase Reps'.

Yeah, yeah, I know that early voting has started. But I bet that those who voted early (specially in first days):

a) would vote regardless
b) would vote the same candiate regardless

= they are partisan voters. Mostly.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2016, 08:00:43 AM »

That people are dumb narrative? They know he will at least be as as bad as Bush but they want to vote for him because he is the white people version of Dr. Dre and has big screen tvs, blunts, 40s, and bitches.

The only thing he lacks in fact is the big, fat golden chain. It's so out of his character not to wear it. Everything else in his life is golden after all. I wonder why he didn't change his surname to Bling long ago? It must be somewhat frustrating for him not to be Donald Bling, or at least Donald Golden.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2016, 08:03:11 AM »

The only thing he lacks in fact is the big, fat golden chain. It's so out of his character not to wear it. Everything else in his life is golden after all. I wonder why he didn't change his surname to Bling long ago? It must be somewhat frustrating for him not to be Donald Bling, or at least Donald Golden.
And he should have a golden .45.
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2016, 08:19:19 AM »

Like I said in the other, bigger thread, the extra coverage of the e-mail topic will help serve to discredit the original purpose of the e-mail investigation, and highlight how trivial the entire e-mail controversy actually was.
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2016, 08:34:11 AM »

"You know why Trump is gaining voters? He's talking about Big screen tvs, blunts, 40s, and bitches. You're talking about homosexuals and Climate Change. We can't sell this Sh*t! Change the platform, or it's not coming out" -DNC to candidates
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2016, 08:37:18 AM »

I hate to agree with the swedish meatball, but he's got a point. With partisanship this high, enthusiasm is a huge factor. Hillary will probably take a hit in those LV screens.

1/2 her lead seems realistic to me, assuming no other damage stems from it. I hope I'm wrong. But we'll see how it plays out over the next couple days.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2016, 08:39:43 AM »

Enough about the emails!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2016, 08:50:04 AM »

If anything, it has strengthened the core support at both ends.  Unlike the "Access Hollywood" videotape--in which Republicans ran for the woods to hide (and then in their typical slimy way have come back), the Democrats have not broken.  And really--how many true undecideds are left to change the dynamic?  

This is why I think it's going to have very little impact unless it explodes into something different and bigger.

As it is right now, no one who's made up their minds to vote Clinton is going to change them because "moar emailz". The "undecideds" are <10% of the voters, maybe much less by now. And this is going to move only a small fraction of them away from her.

Maaybe it drops her margins by 2%, absolute worst case. More likely, something far worse on Trump comes out after Halloween, and the Nazis are routed.

ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2016, 08:56:49 AM »

More likely, something far worse on Trump comes out after Halloween, and the Nazis are routed.

Think if something on Trump was going to come out it would have done so by now; but I've been wrong before.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2016, 08:59:40 AM »

Nothing
The "storm" has already ended
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2016, 09:02:36 AM »

If there's any damage, it's already been done. Clinton seems to be fighting back quite effectively against Comey, but the big bang has already gone off. Whether this'll have any long-term effect, it's still too early to say - which is very frustrating.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2016, 09:20:08 AM »

No one will care and Clinton will still win big.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2016, 09:25:00 AM »

HRC doesn't lose votes but trump's base is rebounding like mad the last days, if the general trend is to be believed.

will be a clear HRC victory as long as the party registration data isn't misleading to the max.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies