Trump Supporter chants Jew-S-A at the press pen
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:51:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Supporter chants Jew-S-A at the press pen
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Trump Supporter chants Jew-S-A at the press pen  (Read 4999 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2016, 07:09:41 PM »
« edited: October 30, 2016, 07:37:49 PM by Meme Witch »

Sanchez, I actually can't disagree with most of what you said (and Democrats acknowledge the problem too and they have paid the price for doing so; Obama's "guns and religion" comment eight years ago didn't make good PR, but the substance of his comments wasn't inaccurate).  And I've said before I have a great deal more respect for people like Rand Paul or Mike Lee than politicians who quietly vote in lockstep with their party and don't work a day trying to fix anything.

But I'm also skeptical of the idea that it's purely economic anxiety causing this rash behavior.  Kentucky elected a man last year who wanted to destroy the exchange program that by all objective measures was successful in the state.  Even if you don't agree with Obamacare, it's bewildering to me how dirt poor areas vote more and more consistently for people who insist on halting anything that would lift them from their current state.  And these aren't supply-side Kool-Aid drinkers, either.  Not when states as conservative as Arkansas vote 65% to raise the state minimum wage.

What I'm getting to is, will an "unrigged" economy or an "unrigged" political system convince people who insist that the President of the United States is Muslim or Kenyan or poisoning the wells or whatever, that they are wrong?

This was one of the reasons Sanders couldn't make inroads with black voters, at least going by what his more vocal skeptics had to say about him: you can't give a kid free college and expect police brutality to dissipate over night.  The problem is as cultural as it is economic.  Fiscal populism by itself won't get the Tennessee methhead to leave his shed or the Vermont heroin addict to quit shooting up every night.

Gun to the head, plenty of Trump's supporters would vote for Bernie before Hillary.  But then they're not interested in voting for any Democrat.  In four years, they'll be the backbone of Ted Cruz's next presidential run, because Ted Cruz will tell them it's immigrants and "regulations" taking away their jobs, not the unstoppable forces of automation and an economy that increasingly values college-educated workers (which is a money-making scheme of its own in many respects, and as a contributor to that system, I am by no means happy with it).

Anyway, I know it sounds like I'm making this to be more about Democrats winning elections than why people feel the way they do, but I hope you see the general point I'm trying to make.

Frightening to think these people will be running the country in less than 100 days. But it's reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ
rafta_rafta

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2016, 07:22:48 PM »

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2016, 08:04:45 PM »

What.  The .
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2016, 08:07:43 PM »

Don't worry, Fuzzy and Chairman have assured us that, this guy and the 1,000,000 other supporters, official surrogates, and the candidate himself are all just Hillary plants.
Wade McDaniel
Rookie
United States

« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2016, 08:08:04 PM »

One of Trump's opponents called half of his supporters deplorables.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2016, 08:09:53 PM »

So?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2016, 08:16:31 PM »

but.. but..  but.... LOOK WHAT SHE SAID!

Calling the racists and anti-semites that support Donald Trump deplorable is not okay.  But behaving exactly the way Clinton characterized you...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2016, 08:20:34 PM »

Don't worry, you're in the half that isn't deplorable.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2016, 08:23:03 PM »

i am always shellshocked that all of trump's base is forever full of rage for the one nasty thing hillary said about sexists, racists and other groups a majority should think of as unworthy....and apologized immediately after the event for being not nuanced enough on the quantity of this group.

mister trump hasn't ever shared a believable apology - even brags about not even apologizing to his own wife - and insults 10 people each day, mostly with much saltier language.

Wade McDaniel
Rookie
United States

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2016, 08:50:48 PM »

i am always shellshocked that all of trump's base is forever full of rage for the one nasty thing hillary said about sexists, racists and other groups a majority should think of as unworthy....and apologized immediately after the event for being not nuanced enough on the quantity of this group.

mister trump hasn't ever shared a believable apology - even brags about not even apologizing to his own wife - and insults 10 people each day, mostly with much saltier language.

What I'm really upset about is that Clinton pays men on her staff more than women.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2016, 08:59:35 PM »

Trump hasn't demonized anyone who isn't worthy of condemnation. Illegal immigrants are viewed by most Americans as criminals, even if their motivations for coming here are accepted. Everyone understands that his comments weren't reflective of all illegal immigrants; that was so obvious that it shouldn't been said. When the media however came to the attack and took up the cause of the illegal immigrants, many Americans realized that the media just isn't aware of the effects of illegal immigration. I think most posters are as aloof as the media when it comes to that matter.

This statement is true, and it begs to be recognized.

So says Atlas' Evangelical bigot.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2016, 06:06:02 AM »

Trump hasn't demonized anyone who isn't worthy of condemnation. Illegal immigrants are viewed by most Americans as criminals, even if their motivations for coming here are accepted. Everyone understands that his comments weren't reflective of all illegal immigrants; that was so obvious that it shouldn't been said. When the media however came to the attack and took up the cause of the illegal immigrants, many Americans realized that the media just isn't aware of the effects of illegal immigration. I think most posters are as aloof as the media when it comes to that matter.

This statement is true, and it begs to be recognized.

Well, the Nazi Bear knows what to agree with. These are you opinions. You have sworn your soul to Antichrist and will burn in Hell for eternity. Salvation is not for you: the zealous personal enemy of Jesus Christ such as you are. Amen.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2016, 06:15:33 AM »

I actually yelled at the people in the press pen in Tallahassee, but I just gave them the universal gesture while walking by Tongue.
Wow, you really are an ass.

They're proud of being deplorable. Yet we're supposedly reaching when we call them Fascists...
You guys don't seem to realize that calling these people deplorables is only driving them out to the polls. You do realize that you, like your own candidate, are engineering your own downfall and are only succeeding in isolating yourselves from the broader public that you should be engaging.

Sanchez, respectably, I'm going to humor with you for a second and ask you how we might otherwise react to characters like, well, these folks.

Yes, you might post back with a video of Hillary or Bernie supporters somewhere saying similarly deplorable things, or retort that they're #NotAllLikeThat, but that would miss the point of the question.  I believe you've made clear here the basic reason you supported and are supporting Trump is to stick it to your own party (and I would guess that your expectations for a Trump victory next week aren't that much better than mine at this point), but if these fine individuals are part of the "broader public" you are speaking of, then I'm genuinely curious to know how they, indeed, might be engaged.  Putting aside the question of whether they should be.
The Trump revolt is basically 20-30 years of repressed anger boiling over. It's like a bad marriage disintegrating after the children go off to college. You might not like these people, and there a lot of bad eggs at the Trump rallies who aren't part of the opposition, but when you paint them as someone whose civic worthiness has to be questioned at all, you simply are alienating them.

If you want to engage them, I'd start by advising both parties to actually listen. Do what Trump has done and listen to Middle America. Do what Bernie Sanders did and go listen to coal miners and college students. Do what Rand Paul did and go into the inner cities that haven't seen a Republican candidate in decades. Don't take votes for granted, don't expect people to continue support the tired policies of both parties that hover between generic center-right/center-left, and don't tell them that if they disagree, they are "deplorable."

The reason Trump supporters are so enthusiastic is because there is a literal sense that this may be, at least for a few decades, a "last stand." The political system is risking alienating a sizable portion of the population for good. I'm not talking about Trump or Bernie or any individual. The system itself is writing off potential voters. Turnout is going to start declining in future elections after this one as more and more people begin to realize that the system is, and I don't mean this literally, "rigged." It is a helpless feeling, and it breeds resentment and fear.

Yeah. We understand that. Even Hillary said she did in her "Basket of Deplorables" speech. There are a lot of people out there who aren't getting their say or feel that their piece of the pie matters or whether or not they even have it. There has to be another way than to demonize those who they think are represented more yet are struggling just as badly! There is a way we can build houses without tearing down the houses of others. This is why Bernie's and even to small extend Rand's populism was so much better. They believed that we didn't have to ruin the lives of millions to "fix" the system. Then again, there are people who don't avail themselves to help. Just like there may be millions in big cities who for whatever reason can't get into a virtuous cycle that ends up with them reconciled to the community and to their own welfare, there are many people in places like West Virginia that can't do the same and probably for a lot of the same reasons that people in the big cities can't. They live in the past. They think that because they always had the same jobs, they should always be always be allowed to have that very job and that if they aren't allowed to have those jobs, then they are victims. The point I am trying to make is that I am pretty certain we should be able to live without a Government OK but that Government can give everyone a chance to get together and make our lives better and have a more direct role in how we turn out. That actually means that we take advantage of what we start. That might mean moving, going back to school, and going to see a therapist and even getting on Medicaid.   
Folks (Trump-supporting and otherwise) are angry because elites have cavalierly imposed a Global Economy on their lives that has caused dislocation at the worst possible time.  The solutions to the dislocation sound great when some millennial posts them, not fully comprehending the reality of the dislocated.

Many of the dislocated can't just move.  They don't have the ability to afford housing in more prosperous urban locales.  Even if they wanted to, they can keep a dumpy roof over their head in much of WV or KY (for example), and they at least have some networks of family there.  But they can't just move; they will, undoubtedly, move to a more expensive locale, where there will be minimal family support.

Yes, there is retraining, but many of the folks receiving retraining have depleted their savings.  They have to work somehow.  The most lucrative jobs available through retraining often require a move and require the most lengthy training.  Shorter term "retraining" leads to a crummier job.

Then, there's the issue of the discrimination these workers face.  All of them face the discrimination that corporate employers engage in against the long-term unemployed.  HR execs won't readily admit it, but if a person has been unemployed for 6 months or more, his resume' isn't going to get serious attention in all likelihood; they figure that if you were worth a crap, someone would have hired you already.  Then, there's the issue of age discrimination.  Most of the dislocated folks we are talking about are older workers; they face the discrimination of a youth-oriented HR culture that sees older workers as tired, injured, sick, tired, slower, and less oriented to current technology.  HR execs don't give a flying cow turd about the experience of these folks, their maturity, and they certainly don't care about their need for a job.

And no one cares.  There are economic incentives and PR incentives to hire racial minorities, ex-offenders, women, the disabled, but no incentives to hire these folks.  They see themselves as being kicked to the curb when they are down, and after they did they're part of what they were told was expected of them in society.  Millenials and Gen-Xers that run HR departments these days act as if the "Social Contract" never existed, and, to be fair, they aren't the ones that made that deal with those folks.  

This is real world stuff.

That's not a valid reason to become a fascist though.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2016, 10:56:17 AM »

Guys, the dude was a plant trying to stir trouble up and you fell for it. Nice try attempting to link this guy to Trump supporters though.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2016, 11:11:27 AM »

Guys, the dude was a plant trying to stir trouble up and you fell for it. Nice try attempting to link this guy to Trump supporters though.
evidence?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2016, 11:12:53 AM »

evidence?

Evidence is for the Jew Media, real Americans base decision on faith.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2016, 11:14:32 AM »

‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2016, 11:17:55 AM »

Um, so he appeared in a video describing a car accident. I fail to see how that makes him a plant. Unless, of course, you're saying that only Clinton supporters would care about car crashes Wink
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2016, 11:19:42 AM »

So nothing.  Glad to see Trumpists trying to excuse the racist behaviors that occur at Trump rally's
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2016, 11:23:03 AM »

Nice try:

http://heatst.com/world/exclusive-jewsa-jew-s-a-chanter-confirms-he-supports-donald-trump/
rafta_rafta

« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2016, 11:33:04 AM »

Someone dug up his youtube history and he has a year long history of liking infowars videos and supporting Trump
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2016, 11:51:26 AM »

LOL.
These trumpists are so ignorant that they feel they can just post images like this, attach any kind of story to it, and suddenly everyone is suppose to believe their false & nutty narrative.
They just need to face the fact that there are tons of trump supporters that are bigots. Period.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies