Time is NOW for Bush to close the border
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:30:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Time is NOW for Bush to close the border
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Bush close the Mexican Border
Yes

No

Keep it as it is

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Time is NOW for Bush to close the border  (Read 1596 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 08, 2005, 05:32:53 AM »

Tomorow could be a day when a radical muslim gets on a plane to Mexico, travels up to the Mexico-US border with his Osama Bin Laden guide, walks through the border goes to Phoenix and then BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

A typical example of Al Queda killing innocent people. The borders are wide open and the Bush administration are doing nothing.

Social Security is more important than the whereabots of Osama Bin Laden.
Supreme Court Nominiations are more important than an open border that the whole world knows Bush wont close.

Democrats can shout and scream but while Republicans continue to endorse the same people that want the border to be open then we have a tragedy waiting to happen.

The clock is ticking, i'm just waiting for it to stop....BOOM!
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 07:33:19 AM »

Um, no.  We can't just "close" the border.  You really are an idiot, aren't you?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 07:35:37 AM »

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 07:35:48 AM »

Um, no.  We can't just "close" the border.  You really are an idiot, aren't you?

Well sure, you don't just "close" it, but if you had listened to Kerry, you'd realize there are more things that we could be doing to protect our borders.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 08:41:33 AM »

The republicans are too worried about displeasing corporations, and the democrats too worried about being PC for actual border control to be put in place.
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 04:41:45 PM »

Why do these scenarios always involve the Mexican boarder?  The Canadian border is far more easily crossed.  Why would a terrorist choose the path of greatest resistance and try to sneak in through Mexico?  I suspect that the "terrorists coming in from Mexico" scenario is just a facade for tighter immigration control.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 04:44:11 PM »

Why do these scenarios always involve the Mexican boarder?  The Canadian border is far more easily crossed.  Why would a terrorist choose the path of greatest resistance and try to sneak in through Mexico?  I suspect that the "terrorists coming in from Mexico" scenario is just a facade for tighter immigration control.
I agree. Terrorists won't be that stupid to come through borders that people are paranoid about (not that I disagree with closing the Mexican border). If they want to cross the border, they will probably do it from Canada, not Mexico. We're so caught up with the Mexican border than moose are slipping into the States through Canada and no-one seems to care. Tongue
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 06:59:04 PM »

If we close the boarder they have won. We can't just close the boarder.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 07:01:44 PM »

If we close the boarder they have won. We can't just close the boarder.

If we lock the house, the criminals have won.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 07:07:19 PM »

I didn't realize we had a huge door which we can simply close.  Smiley  There is no possible way to "close" the border in a way that it will stop illegals from crossing.  All you can do is increase patrols to catch them as they come over.

What we should be doing is "illegally crossing" the border into Mexico, set up our Wal-marts and McDonalds, pay the Mexicans more than what they would make domestically but less than US minimum wage.  That way, we would extract the money which is 'stolen' from US workers here while keeping those looking for jobs in Mexico.  Just keep pushing our economic crossing all the way South to Mexico City.  That way, with less illegals crossing the border and an increase in tax revenue, we can put more patrols out there, capture more illegals . . . which would increase our odds of getting any terrorists.  Smiley
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 11:12:59 PM »

can't wait 'til KillerPollo reads this. 
No, you can't close the border.  People would still find ways across.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 01:29:32 AM »

Hahahaha, great find States.

Anyway, to the poll: No.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 02:03:38 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2005, 02:28:27 AM by Mexican States Rights (AKA: KillerPollo) »

Alright so.

you also need to close the largely UNPROTECTED and HUMONGOUS canadian Border as well, the longer the border, the more likely the "leakage" of terrorists!

Dont you think the terrorists are smart enough to figure that it would be more likely to be caught in Mexique than in Canada? Just think about it! at the rate of Border patrol officials per border, the mexican border is pretty much safer than the canadian one. No that canadian residents could sneak through it, but since it is unprotected, could be much easier for terrorists!

What we should be doing is "illegally crossing" the border into Mexico, set up our Wal-marts and McDonalds, pay the Mexicans more than what they would make domestically but less than US minimum wage.

as for you, you narrow-minded virginian, There are A LOT of ppl in Mexico that earn more money than a lot of peolpe in the united states.
Again, you are reinforcing stereotypes, and I do not like that one bit! Go to Mexico itself and get a clue!

And just think! if YOU were a terrorist. Where would you cross??

Here?

OR

here?

Tell me!
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2005, 02:34:10 AM »

As I have previously noted, we need to increase border security on both the northern and southern borders (as well as at ports).  That said, "closing" the border with Mexico is impractical and undesireable.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2005, 08:49:59 AM »

Needs some barbed wire and guard towers that have soldiers with .50 calibers.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2005, 08:52:46 AM »

so does this one! this one should have land mines! Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2005, 08:56:49 AM »

No, Canadians have a civilized country. We don't have to worry about droves of their people darting the border.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2005, 08:59:09 AM »

How many neighborhoods in Canada or the US look like this?

KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2005, 09:30:10 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2005, 04:05:44 PM by Mexican States Rights (AKA: KillerPollo) »

How many neighborhoods in Canada or the US look like this?

even in Mexico, those cases are only seen in small remote towns! but they're awesome nonetheless! villages like that are peaceful and quiet, and crime is unheard of! just cause it look trashy, dont mean it's full or evil ppl who crave for crime! although the stereotype fits Detroit!
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2005, 11:53:42 AM »

What we should be doing is "illegally crossing" the border into Mexico, set up our Wal-marts and McDonalds, pay the Mexicans more than what they would make domestically but less than US minimum wage.

as for you, you narrow-minded virginian, There are A LOT of ppl in Mexico that earn more money than a lot of peolpe in the united states.
Again, you are reinforcing stereotypes, and I do not like that one bit! Go to Mexico itself and get a clue!

hehehe . . . it's called sarcasm.  Smiley  Believe me son, I've been around the world and seen as many countries as I have states, and except for Singapore, there is no other place in the world where I'd want to live than right here in the USA.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2005, 04:47:41 PM »

No, immigration is fine.  Its deleterious effect on wages can be solved by unionization, a $15/hour minimum wage, and a super-generous welfare state.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies