Has your personal experience with Obamacare been positive?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:18:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Has your personal experience with Obamacare been positive?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Positive Experience (support the law)

Negative Experience (but still support the law)

Positive Experience (but still oppose the law)

Negative Experience (oppose the law)

No personal experience with Obamacare

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Has your personal experience with Obamacare been positive?  (Read 1020 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2016, 05:18:23 AM »

How has the law affected you, your family and your immediate situation? Has it changed your perspective on the healthcare debate? Did your lived experience with the reforms change your mind either way about the ACA?
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 07:13:22 AM »

Positive, and I support the law. It allowed me to stay on my parent's health insurance until I turned 26, which was quite nice. As for the law, I think it's done far more good than bad, but I've never believed it to anything close a perfect law. It was the only option we had once we lost our 60-vote majority in the Senate. I'd like to see at least a public option (with full single-payer in sight).
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 01:09:43 PM »

Positive, and I support it.

I have what would have been a pre-existing condition.
I was able to stay on my mom's health insurance until I was 26.
And since I've been doing AmeriCorps, and live in a state that expanded Medicaid, I've been able to be on that for the last year.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 01:28:22 PM »

My healthcare is paid by my employer, so I have no experience with it. I don't know a lot about it, but it seems that the politicians could come up with something better, although I doubt that they will. I don't know enough about it to have an opinion one way or the other, although universal coverage would be better.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 06:21:30 PM »

I've had employer healthcare for over twenty years.  There was a period between college and career that it would have been nice to have been under parents insurance  if that had been an option back then.

For whatever reason, this that year was the first in memory that neither my premium nor my deductible rose.  The only change was an additional  $100 charge if we went to an emergency room and were not admitted to the hospital, which isn't likely to affect me (don't use emergency room for primary care).
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 03:11:15 AM »

Negative. I oppose the law.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 12:34:20 PM »

Positive.

Kept me on my parent's health plan until they retired and switched over to Medicare.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 02:45:23 PM »

I haven't really had any, but my dad (used to be CFO at a small, private hospital, currently the interim CEO) is NOT a fan, to say the least.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 02:58:30 PM »

I get a letter every year from my insurance company saying they have to refund some money to my employer because they didn't spend 80 percent of their revenue on payouts. The letter is very particular that the refund is due to ACA. I have no idea what impact this has had, for all I know it has had zero impact on me. But it feels good!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 03:36:09 PM »

My health care is paid for by my mother's employer, so aside from the age 26 provision, I have no experience with the law. However, it is clear that the law is a complete failure in places like AZ where there are basically no providers left as a result of the law. I don't think repealing it is the right answer, but it needs very serious revisions.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 01:13:34 AM »

Since I have a preexisting condition and am on the individual market, my costs have been lowered considerably.

Have the employer mandates made it harder for me to find a good job?  Are extra bureaucracy or "efficiency" rules or other aspects of the law effecting my quality or availability of care?  These are harder to measure.

Positive on balance so far then.   Support some aspects of the law, but it should get a major overhaul.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies