Glenn Beck regrets "freaking out" about Obama, supports BLM
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:37:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Glenn Beck regrets "freaking out" about Obama, supports BLM
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Glenn Beck regrets "freaking out" about Obama, supports BLM  (Read 662 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2016, 07:58:18 PM »

Not a joke.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The apocalypse is upon us.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 08:59:51 PM »

Any actual conservative should at least support BLM's agenda (not so much the tactics in every case), so that is a bright sign.

Beck's motivation is his sagging career. Now that Trump is the most polarizing figure on the right, he's using this as a chance to seemingly moderate his stance and get back on CNN now that the Blaze has pooped the bed.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 09:39:40 PM »

This is probably the most bizarre thing to happen during this election with like a thousand exceptions. I guess I'm glad it's happening?

I am cynical though, because I think he's doing this to set himself up as some sort of moderate for a future job.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 09:44:34 PM »

This is probably the most bizarre thing to happen during this election with like a thousand exceptions. I guess I'm glad it's happening?

I am cynical though, because I think he's doing this to set himself up as some sort of moderate for a future job.
And he'll still retain his core evangelical audience too, because he'll claim "his spirit has been rekindled" or something and that his moderation, though putting him politically at odds with them, is based in his faith. He'll do a live broadcast aired in theaters across the country which will draw in the usual suspects, he'll cry on the air, make some corny attempts at humor, still claim to be "conservative", and go back to the Glen Beck we all knew and ignored at HLN.

Mark my words on this one. Literally every sentence. I enthusiastically watched this man every day from 2009-2012 when I was at peak douche ("muh white history month!"), I know his shtick.
hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 02:26:43 PM »

Any actual conservative should at least support BLM's agenda (not so much the tactics in every case), so that is a bright sign.

Beck's motivation is his sagging career. Now that Trump is the most polarizing figure on the right, he's using this as a chance to seemingly moderate his stance and get back on CNN now that the Blaze has pooped the bed.
There are crazies in BLM just like any other movement. Most of BLM is pretty peaceful.

I liked him when he was on CNN and somewhere around when he moved to FOX I got sick of him.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 03:03:29 PM »

There are crazies in BLM just like any other movement. Most of BLM is pretty peaceful.

I liked him when he was on CNN and somewhere around when he moved to FOX I got sick of him.

In BLM, it just so happens that the crazies are the ones with influence in the movement.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 03:08:02 PM »

In BLM, it just so happens that the crazies are the ones with influence in the movement.

Yeah, one can support the objectives of BLM without supporting BLM itself. 

And it's been a well-known fact that the conservative "info"-tainment complex is all about maximizing money, not a coherent set of policy positions.  So Beck's shifting is no surprise here.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies