Comey blowback megathread - Latest: may have violated Hatch act?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:35:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Comey blowback megathread - Latest: may have violated Hatch act?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Comey blowback megathread - Latest: may have violated Hatch act?  (Read 6268 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2016, 07:45:52 PM »

Dems need more ruthless street fighters like Reid.  He's going to leave a void in the Democratic senate caucus, and congress generally.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2016, 07:46:56 PM »

i won't blame mcconell for his methods and i won't blame reid.

both are amazingly successful.
swf541

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2016, 07:49:24 PM »

Dems need more ruthless street fighters like Reid.  He's going to leave a void in the Democratic senate caucus, and congress generally.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2016, 07:50:57 PM »

One of the things I find so grating about Democrats, is that they're not prepared to get their hands dirty.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2016, 07:52:33 PM »

One of the things I find so grating about Democrats, is that they're not prepared to get their hands dirty.

When they go low, we go high??
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2016, 07:52:57 PM »

At least with this thread we can finally dispel with the notion that Democrats care any more about "respecting our institutions" and being the adults in the room.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2016, 07:53:18 PM »

This is true.

Say what you want about Harry Reid, but he isn't scared of Republicans and realizes that they are fake tough guys at the end of the day.

Going to miss the old man when he leaves in January.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2016, 07:54:00 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2016, 07:55:59 PM by Yank2133 »

When they go low, we go high.

When they go low low, we kick them in the nuts.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2016, 07:54:08 PM »

Some of the reactions in this thread...

Nothing Reid wrote in the letter will have any negative impact.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2016, 07:55:13 PM »

Come on 60-70% of Americans routinely say they distrust Hillary this is a fight her campaign will lose.
swf541

« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2016, 07:55:22 PM »

When they go, we go high.

When they go low low, we kick them in the nuts.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2016, 07:55:36 PM »

Harry Reid serves as a model for Democrats.  This is serious business.  Let's quit pretending that he did something questionable by insinuating what we all already know - that Trump is a puppet and Putin's cronies are all over his campaign and policy proposals.

Comey completely destroyed his credibility.  Reid is actually giving him a chance to redeem himself.  It looks like he won't.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2016, 07:56:02 PM »

Come on 60-70% of Americans routinely say they distrust Hillary this is a fight her campaign will lose.

Oh. You're back.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2016, 07:56:43 PM »

Harry Reid serves as a model for Democrats.  This is serious business.  Let's quit pretending that he did something questionable by insinuating what we all already know - that Trump is a puppet and Putin's cronies are all over his campaign and policy proposals.

Comey completely destroyed his credibility.  Reid is actually giving him a chance to redeem himself.  It looks like he won't.

I will say that leaving this to be Reid's part in the defense was a great call. And props to him for answering the call, knowing that he'd take a huge hit in doing so.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2016, 08:01:10 PM »

Oh. You're back.

Is anything I said not true, people do not trust her period.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2016, 08:01:19 PM »

In 2012 Reid claimed that Mitt Romney paid no federal taxes -- claims which were later proven false.

That said, Comey repeatedly violates longstanding Justice Department protocol by making public announcements about the e-mail case while maintaining traditional FBI silence about the Russia case.  Especially when the latest pronouncement is a vague and open-ended letter 11 days before the Presidential election, it looks like Comey is deliberately trying to damage Secretary Clinton.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2016, 08:05:00 PM »

I will say that leaving this to be Reid's part in the defense was a great call. And props to him for answering the call, knowing that he'd take a huge hit in doing so.

IDK, this attack seems little bit too risky. I mean, when you're leading by 5%, you don't usually want to take risks, any at all actually. Internals match ABC poll's trends?
Wade McDaniel
Rookie
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2016, 08:06:59 PM »

I don't think you're supposed to taunt the FBI.
swf541

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2016, 08:07:55 PM »

In 2012 Reid claimed that Mitt Romney paid no federal taxes -- claims which were later proven false.

That said, Comey repeatedly violates longstanding Justice Department protocol by making public announcements about the e-mail case while maintaining traditional FBI silence about the Russia case.  Especially when the latest pronouncement is a vague and open-ended letter 11 days before the Presidential election, it looks like Comey is deliberately trying to damage Secretary Clinton.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2016, 08:13:01 PM »

Atlas Democrats  Before this: Comey is Brave! Good Call ending the investigation!
Now: Awful terrible call from a russian sleeper! Fire comey! He should've never even been appointed! He's just a Republican hack trying to help Trump !
-
-
I think it is also important to note two things:
1. The public deserves to know about the FBI investigation before voting.
2. FBI Director Comey Has no partisan affiliation, despite being a former Republican. He is an independent.
swf541

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2016, 08:16:36 PM »

Atlas Democrats  Before this: Comey is Brave! Good Call ending the investigation!
Now: Awful terrible call from a russian sleeper! Fire comey! He should've never even been appointed! He's just a Republican hack trying to help Trump !
-
-
I think it is also important to note two things:
1. The public deserves to know about the FBI investigation before voting.
2. FBI Director Comey Has no partisan affiliation, despite being a former Republican. He is an independent.

I never called Comey good and quite frankly wanted Clinton charged with what she did months ago.  However they decided not to, and now is the not the time to deliberately re-litigate it
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2016, 08:16:39 PM »

even most former republican politicans/talking heads, who are not in office or afraid of a hillary surge, seem to agree, that this non-announcement of non-information, at the end of this election season, is a problem of the worst kind and dangerous for the integrity of this election at all.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2016, 08:18:50 PM »

even most former republican politicans/talking heads, who are not in office or afraid of a hillary surge, seem to agree, that this non-announcement of non-information, at the end of this election season, is a problem of the worst kind and dangerous for the integrity of this election at all.

For instance (yes I know I posted it in the other thread too)

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2016, 08:20:47 PM »

At least with this thread we can finally dispel with the notion that Democrats care any more about "respecting our institutions" and being the adults in the room.

This. Pretty funny to see so many ( props to those of you who aren't) atlas dems excited about this rhetoric when they act so high and mighty whenever a republican acts like this.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2016, 08:23:13 PM »

The pearl clutching over this statement is unreal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies