Can we now?.....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:10:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Can we now?.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can we now?.....  (Read 526 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2016, 02:17:48 PM »

https://youtu.be/NO04VXBIS0M
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 02:19:03 PM »

It's not so much that the sky is falling...but rather lowering at a steady, predictable rate.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 02:19:24 PM »

.....no? Why on Earth would we do that? Every firewall state is as fine as ever, NV is in the bag, and FL, NC, OH, and IA all look like tossups. What thing am I supposed to be worried about?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 02:21:23 PM »

Annoying. If Hillary supporters can't take a little tightening, stop coming on a damn polling forum. Your being a baby. 
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 02:21:30 PM »

If we see more state polls matching the crap Remington polls, yes. Right now, no.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 02:22:20 PM »

.....no? Why on Earth would we do that? Every firewall state is as fine as ever, NV is in the bag, and FL, NC, OH, and IA all look like tossups. What thing am I supposed to be worried about?
That she will barely scrape her way into the WH with a fully GOP congress and literally nothing good will be done.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 02:23:12 PM »

That she will barely scrape her way into the WH with a fully GOP congress and literally nothing good will be done.
The world won't end.  That is more than enough.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 02:23:31 PM »

Obama's done fine.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 02:24:40 PM »

Christ, this forum has to overreact to everything. If Hillary Clinton had been up by 30% and winning every state last week, I bet Atlas would be panicking about Hillary's downfall if a national poll showed her up by only 28%, and a WV poll showed her down 2.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 02:25:05 PM »

Mandate won't do her any good anyway, that doesn't have political capital in this environment. Congress is a lower concern for me for a variety of reasons, but I guess if you want to be a bit concerned about that, sure. But Dems were never taking the house and Senate still looks 50/50 or 51/49 Dems. Who has lost ground in the last few days senate wise? I guess Bayh.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 02:26:39 PM »

No more than you panicked in late 2012, Hillary might even be in a better position than Obama was (we'll need more polling to see.) We can drop the annoying and delusional landslide talk though.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 02:27:30 PM »

Nate Silver today:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, we'll see.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 02:28:03 PM »

The world won't end.  That is more than enough.
Agreed. At this point I'll take any victory whatsoever, as long as Donald Trump don't get anywhere hear the nuclear button. Clinton with a completely obstuctionist republican congress beats the nuclear holocaust any day.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 02:30:29 PM »

You can't assume that nothing has changed because there were no state polls. You did exactly the same misstake, when Trump were surging in nationall polls.

P.S. Clinton is still much more likely to win.

EDIT:

Nate Silver today:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, we'll see.

Exactly.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 02:32:27 PM »

You can't assume that nothing has changed because there were no state polls. You did exactly the same misstake, when Trump were surging in nationall polls.

P.S. Clinton is still much more likely to win.

When did Trump surge in the national polls? Besides, I didn't say, or at least mean to say, that nothing has moved. But there's no real evidence that anything has, and if the question is "should we freak out?", the answer to that is in our evidence, not a reality we don't know.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 02:34:14 PM »

Annoying. If Hillary supporters can't take a little tightening, stop coming on a damn polling forum. Your being a baby. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies