Petition for a New Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:45:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition for a New Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Petition for a New Election  (Read 1678 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: October 31, 2016, 11:02:52 PM »

I move to hold a new election with new candidates.

Seconded.  Despite the naysayers, I think interested candidates should declare and begin campaigning.  If the government refuses to hold a new election, I will be happy to open the booth.

Which would be illegitimate and the results voided.

I sincerely hope we're not seeing the start of another idiotic 'coup.'

Relax, please.  The SoFE certifies his victory by disqualifying valid ballots, his running mate presides over the case and finds the certification lawful.  That sounds like a far more idiotic 'coup' than simply holding a new election and giving Atlasians a chance to make their voices heard.

1. I never planned to run in the first place. I ran when Tmthforu94 left
2. Rpryor was not my first choice, Duke was. But when an opportunity came along to combine our efforts and put up a unified alternative to Blair, I jumped at the chance. Plus Duke is really busy in RL.
Some conspiracy already. But lets keep going
3. As much as crazy statements/votes have happened in the past, it requires a pretty contorted answer to claim that attacking someone with foul language is not an attack. One could have even been moded if it was reported. Last I checked though, attacking a candidate is considering "negative campaigning", or campaigning, which is explicitly prohibited. Non-enforcement in the past doesn't change that. King of like how failure to conduct runoffs with tied second count elections in the past didn't change the need for a runoff this time.
4. We considered them invalid the moment they were cast. It is not like Rpryor went through and said lets find ways to knock out Blair votes, after the election was over.
5. I basically recused myself last week in a message to the Justices, saying I would not participate in decision making related to the election. Whether or not this got buried in their inboxes, I don't know. But I did send it. I also did so in public a few minutes ago.

So your active imagination can be put to rest.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 11:58:11 PM »

How nice the bs narratives have spread around the #Atlasforum crowd with a complete divorce from reality.

Oh but the IRClique is dead, the times have changed. Things are much better now, the conversation has improved. Alas poor Snowguy, the subsequent 72 hours have belied the truth.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 12:41:09 AM »

How nice the bs narratives have spread around the #Atlasforum crowd with a complete divorce from reality.

Oh but the IRClique is dead, the times have changed. Things are much better now, the conversation has improved. Alas poor Snowguy, the subsequent 72 hours have belied the truth.

You and your running mate won't get away with stealing this election.

You guys are the ones stealing the election. Tongue

Two play this ridiculous game if that is what you want.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies