Oakvale v. SoFE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:59:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oakvale v. SoFE
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oakvale v. SoFE  (Read 532 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2016, 05:14:35 PM »

Your honors,

I am today filing suit against the Secretary of Federal Elections, Rpryor03, for his improper administration - and thus improper certification - of an election, and subsequently an illegitimate runoff election, held for the Presidency of Atlasia this past October.

The Federal Elections Act (2016) passed by the Senate of Atlasia, under the auspices of which all federal elections are conducted, states clearly that -

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This binding legal requirement upon the administrator of the voting booth, in this instance Secretary of Federal Elections RPryor, was entirely disregarded, with the Secretary posting no link to electoral law in either the initial election, rendering it illegal by the very text of the Federal Elections Act, nor in the subsequent "runoff" election held this past weekend. An ordinary Atlasian citizen unaware of the vagaries of electoral law would be operating at a severe information deficit compared to citizens more familiar with the statute, de facto disenfranchising them by depriving them of knowledge of the law and making them susceptible to the machinations and scheming of party hacks and backroom bosses.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=249142.0

In short, I believe that Secretary Rpryor acted in clear violation of the law of Atlasia and - intentionally or not - participated in the effective disenfranchisement of less engaged voters in order to skew the results of a Presidential election. I am requesting that the Court order an immediate re-run of the Presidential election, held at the earliest possible opportunity, and administered by a non-partisan figure agreed upon by all declared candidates.

Your honors, after all the dramatics and hysteria of the last weeks, we may never know who the legitimate winner of this election will be, but the loser is clear - it is the faith of the people in their democratic institutions.

This case is unrelated to those filed by Mr. Kingman, Mr. Potus, or Mr. Libertylover. While those cases concern an issue of the validity of individual votes within an election, this concerns the validity of the election itself. I believe it is important that the Court clarify matters with some urgency.  I humbly request that the Court hear this case, and preserve democracy in Atlasia.

I have the honor to remain your obedient servant,

Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 05:15:52 PM »

This has been seen
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 05:45:21 PM »

The voting instructions were in the usual format and clear, and specified how to vote, when to vote, and most of the grounds for declaring a ballot invalid. The thread was opened late, but voting was extended to accomodate this. While at least in the runoff the restriction on campaigning on the thread was not explictly mentioned, the restriction on campaigning is common knowledge throughout Atlasia. I therefore request that the Supreme Court dismiss this case, as voters were clearly not operating at a "severe deficit" and thus there is no reasonable case to be made.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 05:54:23 PM »

The voting instructions were in the usual format and clear, and specified how to vote, when to vote, and most of the grounds for declaring a ballot invalid. The thread was opened late, but voting was extended to accomodate this. While at least in the runoff the restriction on campaigning on the thread was not explictly mentioned, the restriction on campaigning is common knowledge throughout Atlasia. I therefore request that the Supreme Court dismiss this case, as voters were clearly not operating at a "severe deficit" and thus there is no reasonable case to be made.

The law states a clear requirement, which was not met. There is a clear and obvious case. It's about the very letter of the law.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 06:04:21 PM »

I will be representing myself in this case.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 09:14:57 PM »

The Supreme Court would like to thank former Associate Justice oakvale for having brought to our attention this matter.
We agree with him that indeed this provision of the Federal Elections Act wasn't respected (links to all relevant statute regarding electoral law weren't on the ballot).
However, we do disagree with his conclusion that this election is invalid and a new election should be held. We do not believe that not having respected this clause has had any effect on the result of this election, therefore this election shouldn't be invalidated.

So Writ of certiorari denied,

Best regards,
The Supreme Court
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 01:54:29 PM »

Your honor,

May I be so bold as to ask whether the figure at the centre of this democratic disaster, the hon. Justice Yankee, was involved in the decision to decline certiorari?

Yours etc.

Oakvale
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 01:58:18 PM »

Yankee wasn't involved in this decision,
Best regards,
The Supreme Court
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 02:00:10 PM »

Thank you, your honor, that is reassuring. I will of course be considering alternative legal avenues for entering this disturbing evidence into consideration.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies