jfern on London Terrorist Attacks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:00:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  jfern on London Terrorist Attacks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: jfern on London Terrorist Attacks  (Read 11151 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2005, 02:43:24 PM »

In wars, there are always counter attacks.  Look at Ardennes Offensive during WW II.  Bad as this attack was, it could have been a lot worse.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2005, 04:57:03 PM »

Can you idiots please stop acting like I condone the acts?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2005, 05:12:47 PM »

You don't condone it but you certainly jumped on it fast enough as one of your anti-Bush talking points.  It was rather unseemly and in bad taste to play politics while the blood hadn't even dried. 
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2005, 05:14:08 PM »

In all seriousness, when may we resume to criticize Bush and Blair's foriegn policy? There is understandably a period of mourning after an attack like this, but how long does it last for? Jfern has a valid point, but when can it be discussed?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2005, 05:15:39 PM »

You don't condone it but you certainly jumped on it fast enough as one of your anti-Bush talking points.  It was rather unseemly and in bad taste to play politics while the blood hadn't even dried. 

I suppose I shouldn't have. But I'm sure I wasn't the first person to politicize it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2005, 05:16:53 PM »

In all seriousness, when may we resume to criticize Bush and Blair's foriegn policy? There is understandably a period of mourning after an attack like this, but how long does it last for? Jfern has a valid point, but when can it be discussed?

If we look to the American media after 9/11, it appears that we have to wait over a year.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2005, 05:24:49 PM »

If we look to the American media after 9/11, it appears that we have to wait over a year.

Even a mortally wounded aminal can attack.  Your attack was not on foreign policy, but on military policy.  It is unreasonable to assume, that attacks can not occur, even when we are winning.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2005, 05:26:50 PM »

Even a mortally wounded aminal can attack.  Your attack was not on foreign policy, but on military policy.  It is unreasonable to assume, that attacks can not occur, even when we are winning.

The US media never criticized Bush for about a year after 9/11. My attack was on the war on terror, which has been neglected in favor of the war in Iraq.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2005, 05:31:02 PM »

The US media never criticized Bush for about a year after 9/11. My attack was on the war on terror, which has been neglected in favor of the war in Iraq.
Tony Blair is now a world hero! you'll see! and then everyone will start to hate him!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2005, 05:46:02 PM »

We are not discussing the media; we are discussing your comments.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2005, 05:47:56 PM »

If the media can praise Bush and never criticize Bush for a year, I can damn well criticize Bush whenever I want. You got a problem with that?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2005, 05:54:47 PM »

At least 24 hours, or until they've accounted for all the missing persons from the attack.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2005, 05:56:01 PM »

If the media can praise Bush and never criticize Bush for a year, I can damn well criticize Bush whenever I want. You got a problem with that?

I have a severe problems with the accuracy of your claims, as do an increasing number of the posters here.  By the logic of your position, we were losing World War II because the Nazis launched an offesive in December of 1944.

You will also note that I have not been one of the numerous people on this thread that has said you should not be critical.  I critize your ideas, not your expression of them.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2005, 05:57:39 PM »

I have a severe problems with the accuracy of your claims, as do an increasing number of the posters here.  By the logic of your position, we were losing World War II because the Nazis launched an offesive in December of 1944.

You will also note that I have not been one of the numerous people on this thread that has said you should not be critical.  I critize your ideas, not your expression of them.

Then what were we arguing about? I wasn't making any claims, except that the media was rather un-critical of Bush for a while after 9/11.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2005, 06:06:13 PM »

Thirteen Iraqi people died in two car-bomb blasts last night.  Did anybody even notice the news report?  Was it even featured on the evening news?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2005, 06:07:48 PM »

Thirteen Iraqi people died in two car-bomb blasts last night.  Did anybody even notice the news report?  Was it even featured on the evening news?

Something like 1000 protestors were attacked by Iraqi police, too. The media usually isn't that good at covering minor stories when they have a major story to cover. Of course usually their major story is something lame like the Laci Peterson case.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2005, 06:28:11 PM »

I have a severe problems with the accuracy of your claims, as do an increasing number of the posters here.  By the logic of your position, we were losing World War II because the Nazis launched an offesive in December of 1944.

You will also note that I have not been one of the numerous people on this thread that has said you should not be critical.  I critize your ideas, not your expression of them.

Then what were we arguing about? I wasn't making any claims, except that the media was rather un-critical of Bush for a while after 9/11.

You quoted Bush.  Now, he seems to have quite correct that al-Qaeda is on the run.  The attack here, was mercifully smalling in scope than the Madrid attack, which was smaller than the New York attack.  He didn't say, as you implied, that there would no further attacks.  I frankly would expect more attacks to follow.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2005, 07:48:46 PM »

It's always sad to see that some people hate our leaders more than those who have attacked us.  I think we should let them express their poisonous opinions, so we can see them as they truly are.  There is no point in engaging in discussion with them, because their misplaced hate has overriden any reason.

My sympathies to the British people, especially those hurt and their families, and the families of those who died.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2005, 07:59:53 PM »

WE are the idiots? WE didn't start this totally inappropriate thread!

Neither did I. I just made some random comment, but Pope PD decide that it needed it's own thread. Take it out on Pope PD.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2005, 08:36:01 PM »

Neither did I. I just made some random comment, but Pope PD decide that it needed it's own thread. Take it out on Pope PD.

You knew exactly what you were doing when you chose that one particular sentance.  Don't even try to play innocent.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2005, 08:36:56 PM »

Bush is the one who made terrorism an issue. It is absurd for his supporters to believe that they can say anything they want, but want his critics to be silent. If terrorism isn't 'partisan' then why did Bush make it the number one issue in last year's election?
Bush can say anything he wants. He is saying all kind of macho John Wayne type things and those of us who know that he is a total phony are supposed to be silent? I don't think so.
Truly this is a sad day. But why are all the lives lost in Iraq so totally unimportant?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2005, 08:39:35 PM »

Bush is the one who made terrorism an issue.

Um no.......remember 9/11? Oh yeah...you have the 9/10 mentality.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2005, 08:39:58 PM »

You knew exactly what you were doing when you chose that one particular sentance.  Don't even try to play innocent.

Has is ever occured to you people that you are seriously over-reacting. Yeah, maybe my comments were in-approiate. But so is all this mindless "you can't criticize Bush now". The  I can. The media sure as hell hasn't, so it's up to people like me to do their ing job. I reserve the right to criticize the worse President ever whenever the  I want. Ok, my post started out sounding a lot less diplomatic than it ended up, but that's because I'm getting sick of every idiot on this forum calling me a "terrorist coddler" when Bush failed to do sh**t to fight terrorism before 9/11.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2005, 08:41:45 PM »

It is absurd for his supporters to believe that they can say anything they want, but want his critics to be silent.

There is a difference between being a critic and offering constructive criticism.  Many of the 'critics' are destructive, not constructive, and yes, I think they should keep their mouths shut.  Just like your momma always told you:  "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."  Once these destructive critics have something constructive to say, then we are all ears.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2005, 08:42:03 PM »

Bush is the one who made terrorism an issue.

Um no.......remember 9/11? Oh yeah...you have the 9/10 mentality.

I have an 8/06/01 mentality. It's called "Bin Laden determined to strike in U.S.".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies