The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:23:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 5895 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 07, 2005, 07:58:03 AM »
« edited: July 07, 2005, 08:00:14 AM by President Siege40 »

The White House[/b]

jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 08:01:22 AM »

Here's some hail to the chief music for you: http://www.jmu.edu/madison/center/main_pages/material/audio/music/hail.wav
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 08:09:03 AM »

Ladies, and Gentlemen, today, the sinister dagger of terrorism fell again, this time on the city of London, in the heart of Great Britain. I wish to offer the condolences of the Atlasian people to the Londoners and the British people.

At this time, the we stand together with our British allies, arm in arm, should to shoulder against the terror of fundamentalists. We shall not yield to the terrorists, and we will end their threat to our societies.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 08:02:58 AM »

In accordance with the Voting System Reform Bill I would like to announce my selections, approved by the PPT to the commission, Governor Wildcard and Vice President Emsworth. With my appointments announced, I hope the commission can begin its work promptly.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 11:40:50 AM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my distinct pleasure today to announce my appointment to the Atlasian Supreme Court.

This man has worked long and hard to perfect the Republic of Atlasia, and few here can claim a more through understanding of the laws of this land, and its Constitution. I am pleased to announce that the next member of the Supreme Court shall be none other than Mr. Peter Bell.

MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 02:19:07 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my distinct pleasure today to announce my appointment to the Atlasian Supreme Court.

This man has worked long and hard to perfect the Republic of Atlasia, and few here can claim a more through understanding of the laws of this land, and its Constitution. I am pleased to announce that the next member of the Supreme Court shall be none other than Mr. Peter Bell.

Mr. President, on behalf of myself, Governor MAS117, and the people of the Northeast region, we thank you for this most qualified and great appointment. Congrats Justice Bell.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2005, 02:22:57 PM »

Mr President,

Thank you for nominating me for this prestigious honour. I look forward to the confirmation hearings and hopefully my days on the Court itself.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 03:46:20 PM »

Excellent choice Mr President
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005, 05:12:11 PM »

Uh oh, Harry.  JFK has been replaced with a much higher member of the evil FEC! Shocked

Good luck, Peter.  Declare the Southeast Region unconstitutional, please! Smiley
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 02:38:37 PM »

I officially submit my resignation as GM, official as of noon Friday.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 11:59:48 AM »

I would like officially like to announce my appointment of Sam Spade as GM. I ask that after approval, he takes the office at his leisure.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 12:14:36 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, today it is my distinct priviledge to announce my selections for the offices of Secretary of Defence and for Attorney General. It is my great honour to announce my selection of John F. Kennedy to be the Attorney General, and Ben Meyers to serve as Secretary of Defence. It is my sincere hope that the Senate will have a productive confirmation process with the two candidates and they will quickly be accepted as the latest members of the Cabinet.

Siege
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 12:17:44 PM »

Thank you very much, Mr. President.  I will be honored to serve in your cabinet. Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 12:50:50 PM »

I happily accept appointment to the position of GM, Mr. President.

As all of the citizens here right now know, there is a fairly major election crisis in the Southeast which will undoubtedly end up in the federal realm (imo). 

Until this situation is cleared and we have a governor who is elected and sworn into office, I will not resign my position as Senator, in order to provide to Southeast Region fair representation in the Senate and a smooth transfer from Senator to Senator.

My last request, which I admit will probably not be listened to, is to state that I hope that my position will be filled with a candidate who believes in effective service to the Senate, loyalty to the oath of the office of the Senate and a moderate viewpoint respective of all Southeasterners. 

Before his appointment to SoD, I would have recommended Ben Meyers, my worthy opponent of last election to the position, to fill the spot. 

In the same manner, the next Southeast governor should appoint someone who is cheerful, reasonable and non-divisive to the spot in the hope of filling those attributes which I hopefully symbolized as Senator, and even some of those attributes which I wish I had, but didn't exactly live up to.

Thank you.
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 12:56:30 PM »

As all of the citizens here right now know, there is a fairly major election crisis in the Southeast which will undoubtedly end up in the federal realm (imo). 

Until this situation is cleared and we have a governor who is elected and sworn into office, I will not resign my position as Senator, in order to provide to Southeast Region fair representation in the Senate and a smooth transfer from Senator to Senator.

My last request, which I admit will probably not be listened to, is to state that I hope that my position will be filled with a candidate who believes in effective service to the Senate, loyalty to the oath of the office of the Senate and a moderate viewpoint respective of all Southeasterners. 

Before his appointment to SoD, I would have recommended Ben Meyers, my worthy opponent of last election to the position, to fill the spot. 

In the same manner, the next Southeast governor should appoint someone who is cheerful, reasonable and non-divisive to the spot in the hope of filling those attributes which I hopefully symbolized as Senator, and even some of those attributes which I wish I had, but didn't exactly live up to.

Thank you.

Hey Sam. I will still be honored and delighted to be your successor in the Senate.  I have discussed the matter with President Siege before my appointment, and we both agreed that my nomination will be withdrawn if I an appointed to the Senate. 

And, by the way, you did a great job as Senator. Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 01:05:03 PM »

Thank you.

Hey Sam. I will still be honored and delighted to be your successor in the Senate.  I have discussed the matter with President Siege before my appointment, and we both agreed that my nomination will be withdrawn if I an appointed to the Senate. 

And, by the way, you did a great job as Senator. Smiley

Thank you very much, Ben.  Then I would like to recommend to whoever is the next governor of the Southeast that Ben Meyers be appointed to my spot as Senator of the Southeast Region.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 01:41:06 PM »

It's a sad day to see you leave the Senate Sam. You were one of Atlasia's greatest Senators and a hell of a good man to work with. I wish you the best of luck in the new GM position.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2005, 02:44:01 PM »

It's a sad day to see you leave the Senate Sam. You were one of Atlasia's greatest Senators and a hell of a good man to work with. I wish you the best of luck in the new GM position.

Here Here!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 08:24:10 PM »

Here Here!

Thanks for the compliments, guys.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005, 08:30:25 PM »

I'm surprised, I expected Sam to run for President.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2005, 12:27:30 PM »

I would like to make it clear to the people of Atlasia that I stand shoulder to shoulder with Secretary of Forum Affairs Ilikeverin, and that I deeply hope that we will weather this storm.

Siege
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2005, 12:38:08 PM »

Ford for President (should have happened a long time ago)!
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2005, 01:00:03 PM »

Stand ready for the State of the Forum address...
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2005, 01:01:17 PM »

Ford for President (should have happened a long time ago)!

Not gonna happen (from the chairman)  Sad
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2005, 01:01:46 PM »

State of the Forum

My fellow Atlasians, it is my great honour to come before you today, and inform you of the State of the Forum.

Atlasians have finally escaped the grips of economic recessions. As the tide of the economy shifts once again, we can see prosperity again in our time. I would like to pass on my personal thanks to Secretary of the Treasury, Supersoulty for his fine work in bringing back the stability that benefits all our people.

While the economy is still reviving, I would like to remind the legislators of this country to be mindful of their spending, and the delicate nature of the budget. Fiscal responsibility should be a top priority, and spending our way into chronic deficit will neither aid the state, nor the people. With that in mind, I wish to bring the Senate’s, and citizens’ attention to pressing matters of national concern.

In the autumn of 2001, Atlasian forces, along with other nations around the world united under a banner of liberation and freedom and toppled the defunct government of the Taliban. We promised to bring justice and democracy in the people of Afghanistan, and I am here tonight to say that we are not fulfilling our promise.

Outside of the central provinces, and near the capital control of Afghanistan, in part is still under the authority of local warlords. Afghanistan’s second largest city, Kandahar is not under the control of the rightful Kabul government, but instead under the boot of corrupt local dictators.

As of 0520 hours, local time, with consultation with other coalition governments, elements of the coalition forces aiding the Kabul government in maintaining democracy struck out against those that do not want the previous anarchic systems of Afghanistan to come to an end. The offensive is minor, and will restore Kandahar to order.

I call on the Senate not to forget Atlasia’s promises to the people of Afghanistan and properly supply men, material, and finance the just cause in the heart of Central Asia.

Domestically, I would like the Senate to take the critical step in continuing the process of creating a green economy for our Republic. I ask that we continue to subsidize efforts within industry, and personal living. We owe the children of Atlasia a future not marred with smog filled skies, oily water, and coal streaked buildings.

Humanity has stood on this earth less than 0.000375% of the time of its existence, and in that time, beyond any creature we have changed it, affecting the lives of millions of species and billions, if not trillions of lives.

We must end the cycles of discovery, burning, and waste. Renewable sources, or more permanent sources of energy are needed not only for a viable long-term economy, but a long-term civilization. If we hope to continue as a people, we must advance the green economy.

Finally, I would like to apologize for my neglect of the Office of the Presidency. I cannot lay blame on anything, or anyone but myself, and for that I apologize to the citizens, and I hope that from now on I can better serve you, and the Republic.

Thank you, and good day.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies