FBI Investigating Alleged Donor Scheme Tied to Patrick Murphy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:42:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FBI Investigating Alleged Donor Scheme Tied to Patrick Murphy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FBI Investigating Alleged Donor Scheme Tied to Patrick Murphy  (Read 727 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2016, 07:40:51 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/303894-fbi-investigating-alleged-straw-donor-scheme-tied-to-senate-candidate
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 09:30:12 AM »

RIP. I wonder if the democrats knew of this before-hand and that's why they mysteriously pulled out Wink
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 09:40:57 AM »

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who has been the bigger disaster of them all for the Dems during the campaign, Murphy or Bayh?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 09:46:40 AM »

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who has been the bigger disaster of them all for the Dems during the campaign, Murphy or Bayh?
Bayh, he saw a 20 something point lead evaporate to a tie.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 10:54:27 AM »

Bayh, he saw a 20 something point lead evaporate to a tie.

I mean, that was going to happen anyway since it's Indiana. Bayh still has a decent chance of winning, unlike Murphy.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 11:48:35 AM »

So, to recap, Murphy is an empty opportunist who gets overhyped and propped up by sketchy means? Okay, I get why Republicans don't like him. I'm sure they hold Flawless Beautiful Marco Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart to the same standard, and don't worship him like he's the messiah of the Republican Party, and aren't merely concerned with alleged electoral success while ignoring policies, issues, and political achievements. No, of course Republicans are nothing like that. Roll Eyes

Yeah, Murphy sucks. I've never particularly liked him, and my opinion of him has definitely gone down over the past year. I just hoped he could bring an end to the loathsome Rubio hype, but it looks like we'll have to endure another four years of it. If you hate Murphy for being an empty opportunist, but love Rubio, at least admit that you're a partisan hack that doesn't care about the issues, and only cares about Republican electoral success.

Did it ever occur to you that some posters, without being horrible people or hacks, might actually agree with Rubio more on the issues than with Murphy?  But yes, Rubio is gorgeous, and I want him. Smiley
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 11:59:54 AM »

I was really hoping Rubio would lose. Sad
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 12:16:22 PM »

So, to recap, Murphy is an empty opportunist who gets overhyped and propped up by sketchy means? Okay, I get why Republicans don't like him. I'm sure they hold Flawless Beautiful Marco Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart to the same standard, and don't worship him like he's the messiah of the Republican Party, and aren't merely concerned with alleged electoral success while ignoring policies, issues, and political achievements. No, of course Republicans are nothing like that. Roll Eyes

Yeah, Murphy sucks. I've never particularly liked him, and my opinion of him has definitely gone down over the past year. I just hoped he could bring an end to the loathsome Rubio hype, but it looks like we'll have to endure another four years of it. If you hate Murphy for being an empty opportunist, but love Rubio, at least admit that you're a partisan hack that doesn't care about the issues, and only cares about Republican electoral success.

Did it ever occur to you that some posters, without being horrible people or hacks, might actually agree with Rubio more on the issues than with Murphy?  But yes, Rubio is gorgeous, and I want him. Smiley

Would that justify constantly propping him up as the next President in 2020, though? I happen to agree with Murphy more than Rubio, but at least I'll admit that Murphy's not good, and I'm not hyping him up as a 2020 presidential contender.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 01:53:38 PM »

Would that justify constantly propping him up as the next President in 2020, though? I happen to agree with Murphy more than Rubio, but at least I'll admit that Murphy's not good, and I'm not hyping him up as a 2020 presidential contender.

How childish can people be? You guys hate Rubio because he could be a 2020 Contender & not for his qualities. He is running for his Senate seat, grow up & judge him on his merit. If or when he will run for the presidency, then use these arguments.

It is better to have guys like Rubio in the Senate the lunatics like Cruz. If Rubio loses, any moderate Republican can get a very wrong message about supporting Immigration reform!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 01:54:34 PM »

It's Consumerism 101: the simple-minded are drawn to shiny objects.  Yes, it's annoying, but it's what our media overlords are determined to continue serving us.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 02:06:05 PM »

No, I won't do that because it's not true. The arrogance about Rubio Supporters is really ridiculous.

Rubio = Neoconservative
Me = Neoconservative

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out why I like him so much and why so many others like him so much as well. I back Ayotte almost as strongly as I back Rubio, but I don't want to deal with TNVol and Heisenberg's "angry women theory" so I stay quiet on it.

136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 02:35:37 PM »

I wouldn't believe anything from the FBI at this point, or at least I wouldn't believe any rumors of what the FBI is investigating at this point.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 02:38:49 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2016, 02:41:17 PM by Adam T »

Did it ever occur to you that some posters, without being horrible people or hacks, might actually agree with Rubio more on the issues than with Murphy?  But yes, Rubio is gorgeous, and I want him. Smiley

How childish can people be? You guys hate Rubio because he could be a 2020 Contender & not for his qualities. He is running for his Senate seat, grow up & judge him on his merit. If or when he will run for the presidency, then use these arguments.

It is better to have guys like Rubio in the Senate the lunatics like Cruz. If Rubio loses, any moderate Republican can get a very wrong message about supporting Immigration reform!

Only in today's environment where to qualify as a moderate Republican a House Member of U.S Senator just has to be moderately sane would Marco Rubio be considered an indicator of how moderates fair.

Rubio himself repudiated his immigration reform and he's as big a right wing extremist as virtually all Congressional Republicans are these days.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 02:41:06 PM »

I wouldn't believe anything from the FBI at this point, or at least I wouldn't believe any rumors of what the FBI is investigating at this point.

need a tin foil hat?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 02:45:52 PM »

need a tin foil hat?

Nope, it's Donald Trump who wears that.  I wouldn't believe anything about this election from an FBI headed up by James Comey.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 02:48:19 PM »

No, I won't do that because it's not true. The arrogance about Rubio Supporters is really ridiculous.

Rubio = Neoconservative
Me = Neoconservative

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out why I like him so much and why so many others like him so much as well. I back Ayotte almost as strongly as I back Rubio, but I don't want to deal with TNVol and Heisenberg's "angry women theory" so I stay quiet on it.

If you're very conservative, then it makes sense to support candidates like Rubio against a Democrat, but why choose him over a more experienced conservative with more accomplishments and a less spotty record when it comes to voting for president?

I will admit that I went too far with my previous comment. I want to apologize for that. I remain annoyed at Rubio's antics in this race, but looking at my comment now, it was too aggressive, and I apologize. This has been a rough week, and this whole election has really gotten under my skin.

Shadows, your comment, however, is completely wrong. I am very much opposed to Rubio ideologically, just like Johnson and other ultra conservatives in the Senate (he is not a moderate, and I don't see how that is debatable.) The fact that he gets so much hype just makes it worse.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 02:54:03 PM »

The fact that people believe El Chico is a "moderate" or whatever now really speaks to the effectiveness of good propaganda these days.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 02:54:15 PM »

You're fine, I definitely get where you're coming from. the week before election day always gets the best of everyone, myself included.

I just cant wait for it to be over.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 02:57:23 PM »

Why are Florida and Ohio Democrats so inept in picking Senate candidates?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 03:01:30 PM »

The fact that people believe El Chico is a "moderate" or whatever now really speaks to the effectiveness of good propaganda these days.

Do "moderate" Senators really exist these days, though? I can think of maybe 3 or 4 Senators that I would consider moderates, but definitely not more.

The real question is whether good senators exist these days.  You can find three, maybe four of them in either party.

But yes, the word "moderate" should probably be banished from political discourse, because outside the secluded perspective of political neckbeards like ourselves, it's a pretty useless term in general.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 06:42:18 PM »

i would, indeed, argue that it isn't possible to agree more on the issues with an anti-lgbt+, anti-woman, anti-poor warmonger like rubio without beïng a horrible person
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies