absentee/early vote thread, part 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:24:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  absentee/early vote thread, part 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 78
Author Topic: absentee/early vote thread, part 2  (Read 112144 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: November 03, 2016, 02:20:04 PM »

it's simple.

if cohn's model is even in the same universe than reality, than NC is clinton's and if she wins NC, she also wins high-educated CO/VA/NH.

That model no longer applies.

Pubs are coming home, including the educated Pubs. They are declaring themselves "undecided" in most recent polls, but expect that "undecided" is a codeword for shy Trump.

Shy Trump voters are not a thing.

*If* there are (and I'm not saying there are) they are probably claiming to be Johnson voters.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #401 on: November 03, 2016, 02:22:03 PM »

it's simple.

if cohn's model is even in the same universe than reality, than NC is clinton's and if she wins NC, she also wins high-educated CO/VA/NH.

Pubs are coming home, including the educated Pubs. They are declaring themselves "undecided" in most recent polls, but expect that "undecided" is a codeword for shy Trump.

Shy Trump voters are not a thing.

Yup.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/04/upshot/donald-trump-cant-count-on-those-missing-white-voters.html?_r=0
Ozymandias

« Reply #402 on: November 03, 2016, 02:24:44 PM »

Marc Caputo ‏@MarcACaputo  9m9 minutes ago
A number that should scare Trump in re: early/absentee FL vote: 54.6%. That's % of WOMEN who have voted. Women break strongly for Hillary
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #403 on: November 03, 2016, 02:27:26 PM »

It's telling when a candidate's supporters have been reduced to almost solely relying on strange, unproven & unlikely phenomena or straight up electoral miracles to justify their assertions that their candidate will beat the odds and pull out a win.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #404 on: November 03, 2016, 02:29:04 PM »

Marc Caputo ‏@MarcACaputo  9m9 minutes ago
A number that should scare Trump in re: early/absentee FL vote: 54.6%. That's % of WOMEN who have voted. Women break strongly for Hillary

51% of the entire 2012 vote is already in with the early vote...Women are voting big time for Hillary...I think we can assume that Florida is strongly leaning Hillary right now.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #405 on: November 03, 2016, 02:30:29 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/794258943774171137?lang=de
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #406 on: November 03, 2016, 02:31:27 PM »

Full party of deplorables. They haven't become this, they always were this and just have a safe space now.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #407 on: November 03, 2016, 02:33:01 PM »

Total number of ballots cast in all reporting jurisdictions: 34,351,774 votes making up 74.3% of the entire 2012 early vote.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #408 on: November 03, 2016, 02:34:21 PM »

Total number of ballots cast in all reporting jurisdictions: 34,351,774 votes making up 74.3% of the entire 2012 early vote.

still seems kind of low, since only a few days are left...even stops tomorrow at some places.

is this normal? (lots of mail outstanding i guess)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #409 on: November 03, 2016, 02:37:07 PM »

still seems kind of low, since only a few days are left...even stops tomorrow at some places.

The last few days of early voting are huge.  They are usually what makes or breaks when it comes to numbers.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #410 on: November 03, 2016, 02:37:12 PM »

it's simple.

And what evidence tells you this?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #411 on: November 03, 2016, 02:38:59 PM »

The last few days of early voting are huge.  They are usually what makes or breaks when it comes to numbers.

Which is why we should all be watching very carefully the next couple days.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #412 on: November 03, 2016, 02:40:15 PM »

it's simple.

And what evidence tells you this?

No real evidence, except that the number of undecided/refused has increased in recent polls.

This election appear to be like no other.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #413 on: November 03, 2016, 02:40:23 PM »

This makes me wonder that some battleground states will be called early due to early voting reaching 2012 PV levels.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #414 on: November 03, 2016, 02:40:39 PM »

closer polls, showing everything from a tie to a trump lead.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #415 on: November 03, 2016, 02:43:58 PM »

This doesn't really belong here, but I don't know where to put it. I don't have much thought on it yet, but it's worth a read/think (long tweet storm):

https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/794259488664649732
BoAtlantis

« Reply #416 on: November 03, 2016, 02:54:27 PM »

https://twitter.com/steveschale/status/794263573073690624

Obama at Duval to encourage early voting.

Look at the crowd enthusiasm.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #417 on: November 03, 2016, 02:55:21 PM »

#Theraceto13%
HillOfANight
« Reply #418 on: November 03, 2016, 02:57:26 PM »

On Upshot's NC vote tracker, they have over half the total vote as in, and Hillary winning already-submitted votes by 10. That means Trump has to win remaining votes by at least 10 to carry the state. Not to mention 4 more days of early voting at current support numbers (roughly 50/50, if we're being conservative). That means Trump would have to win the election day vote pretty overwhelmingly unless things shift his way in the state right now. So, even if that Trump +7 poll was accurate and that's how people vote for the remainder of the election, he'd still lose the state overall.

Somebody please double-check my math, because it sounds a bit Karl Rovey when I read it back to myself.

It is based on a single Sienna/Upshot poll with Clinton +7. If the poll was right and the race has not changed since    OCT. 20-23, Trump is done.
I believe that Sienna is recontacting the poll's respondents to measure whether they have voted early or not and who they voted for, and is then making a projection for the rest of the state.

No, they are not recontacting voters to find out if they voted early, they can tell that by the data from the election board. They're also applying their old polling data to the early votes as they come in. If they have a big polling error (Trump's margin among Whites), their whole tracker is screwed...
BoAtlantis

« Reply #419 on: November 03, 2016, 03:06:28 PM »

This doesn't really belong here, but I don't know where to put it. I don't have much thought on it yet, but it's worth a read/think (long tweet storm):

https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/794259488664649732

My takeaway from YouGov is this.

"We consider it almost certain that Clinton was never as far ahead as many published polls suggested at the high points of the campaign, and equally that she has not lost as much by recent events as some published polls suggest. The truth is more boring: real change mostly happens slowly, and the impact of campaign events is much less than the media makes out."

Essentially, she has never led by 12% and she has never trailed. The real lead is around 3-6%.
It's why it's important to equally consider polls in the past as well and not just the most recent ones.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #420 on: November 03, 2016, 03:17:47 PM »

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #421 on: November 03, 2016, 03:22:55 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2016, 03:25:05 PM by Happy Sad Trumpista »

On Upshot's NC vote tracker, they have over half the total vote as in, and Hillary winning already-submitted votes by 10. That means Trump has to win remaining votes by at least 10 to carry the state. Not to mention 4 more days of early voting at current support numbers (roughly 50/50, if we're being conservative). That means Trump would have to win the election day vote pretty overwhelmingly unless things shift his way in the state right now. So, even if that Trump +7 poll was accurate and that's how people vote for the remainder of the election, he'd still lose the state overall.

Somebody please double-check my math, because it sounds a bit Karl Rovey when I read it back to myself.

It is based on a single Sienna/Upshot poll with Clinton +7. If the poll was right and the race has not changed since    OCT. 20-23, Trump is done.
I believe that Sienna is recontacting the poll's respondents to measure whether they have voted early or not and who they voted for, and is then making a projection for the rest of the state.
They are not recontacting, but looking at NC statistics. NC is one of few states, who gives all statistic with names etc.
But as I said, it depends on initial poll results. If results were wrong, or race shifted, then you cannot longer apply it. They use EV statistics only as a LV screen [and probably demographigs breakdown? IDK].

It's telling when a candidate's supporters have been reduced to almost solely relying on strange, unproven & unlikely phenomena or straight up electoral miracles to justify their assertions that their candidate will beat the odds and pull out a win.
This article has nothing to do with Shy Theory. Like not at all.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #422 on: November 03, 2016, 03:40:02 PM »

this gets more disgusting each minute:

Emails show how Republicans lobbied to limit voting hours in North Carolina
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-northcarolina-insight-idUSKBN12Y0ZY

You must be logged in to read this quote.

READ THIS THING.
Ozymandias

« Reply #423 on: November 03, 2016, 03:41:19 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted already, but it has a lot of nice graphs about NC early voters:

http://www.oldnorthstatepolitics.com/
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #424 on: November 03, 2016, 03:45:01 PM »

This article has nothing to do with Shy Theory. Like not at all.

Uhm? I read his link before posting and I'm well aware of what it was about. Did you not consider why I responded to his post while using two different terms? If I was solely referring to the shy voter theory I'd have responded to Ebsy's post.

Sheesh LittleBig, maybe next time be a little slower to pounce would ya?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies