Clyde for Northern Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:49:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Clyde for Northern Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clyde for Northern Senate  (Read 2043 times)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2016, 05:42:02 PM »

Following the de-registration of LongLiveRock, I have decieded to contest the Northern Senate special election.

I have decied to run as I believe that the North, and the whole of Atlasia, needs stable governance during this time of crisis and a strong Senate is the start of this. The North needs a Senator who will listen to the views, and seek to impliment the views, of all Northerners in order to achieve progress for the whole region and nation.

My platform consists of plans to assist the poorest people in our society in getting out of poverty, ideas to grow the economy while reducing our national deficit, policies to ensure that no employee can be exploited in the workplace and a vision of a greener, more environmental friendly Atlasia.

I seek to legislate for a worker's rights bill to bring together and strengthen the legislation on worker's rights in our nation. I will bring forward a small business grants bill which will enable people to set up their own businesses without fear of them collapsing after the first few years, while expanding diversity in our economy to enable growth. I'll re-introduce subsides for renewable energy in order to reduce our dependancy on fossil fuels.

Together we can make Atlasia better.

Will you be resigning as Game Moderator?
It is my intention to resign as GM, as I believe that it would be a conflict on interest to serve as GM and as a Senator. I have not done so at this stage in order to allow a smooth transition into a new Presidency; it's my understanding that both Blair and Yankee have people who will replace me as Game Moderator waiting in the wings. Additionally, I am assisting both Fremont and Northern Governors in completing their budgets and I feel that my abrupt resignation would undermine their ability to do this. I have alerted President Leinad on my intention to resign as GM already.

Feel free to ask me any questions about my campaign in this thread or via the PM system, if you have any. Smiley
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 05:43:59 PM »

Endorsed. Although this seat seems to be cursed Tongue
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 05:47:08 PM »

Endorsed. Although this seat seems to be cursed Tongue
Thank you. If elected, I will try and overcome that. Tongue
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 05:49:35 PM »

it's my understanding that both Blair and Yankee have people who will replace me as Game Moderator waiting in the wings
Wait, what? Why would anyone want to replace you - you've been a fantastic GM.

Anyways, endorsed for the Senate.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 05:55:20 PM »

Endorsed!
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 05:56:35 PM »

it's my understanding that both Blair and Yankee have people who will replace me as Game Moderator waiting in the wings

Anyways, endorsed for the Senate.
Thanks! Smiley
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 05:57:30 PM »

Endorsed and stuff. Do a good job.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 05:58:20 PM »

Endorsed and stuff. Do a good job.
Thank you. I'll try. Smiley
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 06:09:26 PM »

Endorsed!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 06:09:45 PM »

Endorsed.  I trust that you will do a great job.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 06:14:10 PM »

Endorsed.  I trust that you will do a great job.
Thanks guys. Smiley
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 06:52:12 PM »

Endorsed Clyde!!!
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 06:59:39 PM »

Thank you. Smiley
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 09:20:14 PM »

Please, don't leave the GM position. You're too good at it.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 09:30:38 PM »

I have but one question - will you use your platform as a Senator to ensure ALL VOTES are fairly counted and the depraved attempt to steal the Presidential election is thwarted?
GAworth
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 09:42:48 PM »

No!!!! I will not accept you leaving the GM position.

Seriously, I wish you the best.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 09:48:14 PM »

Obviously the GM position should be abolished so I applaud Clyde abandoning it although I am a NON-PARTISAN UNDECIDED SWING VOTER between him and evergreen.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 04:51:02 AM »

More of a shuffle actually. He was my number 1 choice to replace Rpryor as SoFE.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 05:58:45 AM »

Endorsed post-mortem
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 07:24:12 AM »

I have but one question - will you use your platform as a Senator to ensure ALL VOTES are fairly counted and the depraved attempt to steal the Presidential election is thwarted?
I'll seek to support a bill that prevents members of the Supreme Court from running in any election without resigning, and the SoFE from running in any election that they will be conducting. I note that Siren has introduced a bill in the House that has this intention. Should that fail, I'll introduce my own bill.

I agree that there needs to be clarity on what constitutes an invalid ballot. I hope that the Supreme Court rules in favour of Bacon King, in his case, and in favour of the SoFE and the RG in the other two cases.  We will, however, need to tighten our electoral laws to ensure that nothing like this can ever happen again. The Supreme Court ruling with help determine the current state of our electoral laws, enabling us to see the extent that they need fixing.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 07:28:18 AM »

Please, don't leave the GM position. You're too good at it.
No!!!! I will not accept you leaving the GM position.

Seriously, I wish you the best.
Thanks guys. It obviously wasn't an easy decision to make, although I feel that Congress needs stability during this turbulent times. I'm sure that whoever replaces me will do as good a job, if not better, than I did in this role and, who knows, I may return to be postition at some point in the future.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 07:29:28 AM »

Thank you. Smiley
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 01:55:50 PM »

What changes, if any, would you like to see made to federal election law, particularly in light of the recent uncertainty surrounding the presidential election?
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2016, 02:44:47 PM »

What changes, if any, would you like to see made to federal election law, particularly in light of the recent uncertainty surrounding the presidential election?
I'd like to see an effective tie-break system that reduces the chance of a race going into a run-off. We'll need to agree what tie-breakers to have. My preference is total preferences, then first preferences, then a run-off - with the same tie-breakers in place for the run-off before going to the House. Although, to support a tie-break method different to this, if it reduces the chance of having a run-off.

I wish to have a restriction on the SoFE and Supreme Court members on running for elected office while they are in the role.

We need to have clarity on what an invalid ballot is, with examples. The Supreme Court decision will assist us with this.

Additionally, it should be clear whether there should be, what I'm going to call, "flexible electorates" between a general election and a run-off, enabling people to be registered and de-registered between the general and run-off votes. This is the case for French and Polish Presidential elections, as I understand it.

I would, personally, like to have a requirement that voters have to have posted at least once in the Atlasia Fantasy Elections section before being able to cast a valid ballot, along with the current (or similar) posting requirements. I'm not sure how practical this would be thigh for the SoFE to keep track of, however.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 03:00:55 PM »

I would, personally, like to have a requirement that voters have to have posted at least once in the Atlasia Fantasy Elections section before being able to cast a valid ballot, along with the current (or similar) posting requirements. I'm not sure how practical this would be thigh for the SoFE to keep track of, however.

For practicality, it shouldn't be too hard. What I do is that after you vote, I pull up your profile and go to recent posts. I check when your 11th most recent post was, and if it's in the window defined by law, I pass it through. It would add maybe 30 seconds if I was to Control+F for "Atlas Fantasy Elections."
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies