Do you understand the anguish and frustration of Trump supporters?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:00:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Do you understand the anguish and frustration of Trump supporters?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Do you understand the anguish and frustration of Trump supporters?  (Read 1666 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2016, 07:05:26 PM »

Regardless of who wins on Nov. 8, do you understand the anguish, despair and frustration of Donald Trump supporters? They lost their jobs, globalization is destroying their families, the veteran supporters can't receive decent health care, they feel that race relations are going deeply down, they feel that the United States military is not strong as it was in recent years. Do you understand their grievances?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 07:08:39 PM »

Regardless of who wins on Nov. 8, do you understand racism the anguish, despair and frustration of Donald Trump supporters? They lost their jobs, globalization is destroying their families, the veteran supporters can't receive decent health care, they feel that race relations are going deeply down, they feel that the United States military is not strong as it was in recent years. Do you understand their grievances?

NO!
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 07:08:54 PM »

We spend 600 billion per year...How much more do we spend to have a powerful military??? These people think they'll be better off without food safety regs, polluted air, no safetynet in case you're fire from your job and banning all other people from coming here. It is insanity...

I understand that things aint perfect but they're going about it wrong.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 07:13:07 PM »

understanding and sharing are 2 different things.

like the right-wing preaches since decades...if someone wants to knock you out, don't feel yourself guilty...it's their own responsibility.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 07:13:52 PM »

I love how the rest of America is expected to have empathy for the Trumpists, but the Trumpists are never expected to even try to empathize with anyone else.

Black people, women, LGBT people, immigrants, non-Christians, etc, are all just saying, "We want a seat at the table."

White Trump voters are saying, "We're entitled to be at the head of the table for no reason other than being white Christians. And if we can't be at the head of the table and be able to arbitrarily deny others the right to sit at it, we'll just flip the table over and set it on fire."
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 07:19:27 PM »

No.

They can rot in hell.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 07:19:39 PM »

lol, understand the anguish of old white guys who have had it better than any other demographic for the last 300 years?

I'll be sure to tell the African Americans to convey their understanding of how tough things are for Trumpkins
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 07:20:58 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2016, 07:24:16 PM by Yank2133 »

I love how the rest of America is expected to have empathy for the Trumpists, but the Trumpists are never expected to even try to empathize with anyone else.

Black people, women, LGBT people, immigrants, non-Christians, etc, are all just saying, "We want a seat at the table."

White Trump voters are saying, "We're entitled to be at the head of the table for no reason other than being white Christians. And if we can't be at the head of the table and be able to arbitrarily deny others the right to sit at it, we'll just flip the table over and set it on fire."

It is such white privilege that it isn't even funny. How many ****ing articles have been written trying to get people to understand Trump supporters concerns?

**** that! I am tried of this bullsh**t.

They are racist people, who have terrible views. So lets stop coddling them.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 07:21:15 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2016, 07:24:03 PM by bronz4141 »

They've heard them speak out since the 1960s. They feel that those groups have not contributed to American society in a proper way. They've seen LGBT change the school structures, the church structures. I don't have a problem with atheists, but don't force churches to abandon Christmas and Easter celebrations, don't force people to abandon Christmas parades, etc.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 07:23:05 PM »

This. Don't expect any sympathy from the very people whose lives you wish to destroy on the way up. You want your platform to win? Make sure your plan includes the improvement for everyone's lives, and not just a particular kind of people. It's racist and bigoted; even if that isn't the primary goal at hand, it's what you're doing.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 07:23:18 PM »

Regardless of who wins on Nov. 8, do you understand the anguish, despair and frustration of Donald Trump supporters? They lost their jobs, globalization is destroying their families, the veteran supporters can't receive decent health care, they feel that race relations are going deeply down, they feel that the United States military is not strong as it was in recent years. Do you understand their grievances?
So they nominate a guy who loves to fire subordinate employees, builds his buildings with Chinese steel, has had three wives and kids with all three, claims to donate to veterans and keeps the money, stokes up racist rhetoric and plays to their deep-seeded-but-not-severe racism enough to embolden the real racists, and spends his time trashing our military and what they do claiming what they've done since 03 has been a disaster...

Tell me, bronze...how in the f**k am I supposed to understand it?

It just further proves my theory that Republicans are often good at pointing out the problem...but prescribe solutions that make the problem much worse.  
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 07:25:14 PM »

So they nominate a guy who loves to fire subordinate employees, builds his buildings with Chinese steel, has had three wives and kids with all three, claims to donate to veterans and keeps the money, stokes up racist rhetoric and plays to their deep-seeded-but-not-severe racism enough to embolden the real racists, and spends his time trashing our military and what they do claiming what they've done since 03 has been a disaster...

It just further proves my theory that Republicans are often good at pointing out the problem...but prescribe solutions that make the problem much worse.  

They're upset with jobs.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 07:26:56 PM »

No, they're racist/sexist trash.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 07:27:38 PM »

They've heard them speak out since the 1960s. They feel that those groups have not contributed to American society in a proper way.

I'm sorry, is this the "proper" way they're supposed to contribute?

No. They see crumbling schools, poor test scores, etc, high divorce rates. Low military recruitment rates, etc. They see themselves as people who "built" the country.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 07:27:43 PM »

Yes, I understand why they're angry. That said, Trump doesn't help them with what they're angry at. Also,
None of those things are the fault of immigrants, POWs, persons with intellectual disabilities, gold star families, or women who would prefer that their sexual organs not be grabbed without permission, so no.

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 07:28:51 PM »

To an extent, although much of it is based in misinformation and fear.
Arlie Hochschild has shed some light on it, for me.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 07:28:56 PM »

More Military spending isn't going to fix anything...
More investment into our country from education to infrastructure would be a much better way of spending the money....

North Korea has this huge military but the people live in their own crap...That isn't the future I want for America.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 07:29:01 PM »

They're upset with jobs.

Everyone is concerned about jobs. So why vote for a guy who sends his jobs overseas? Doesn't compute.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 07:29:54 PM »

H*#! No.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 07:30:47 PM »

you misunderstand.

most of the desperate vote knows trump is full of it.

they don't see him as a saviour...but a kind of revenge.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 07:31:08 PM »

More investment into our country from education to infrastructure would be a much better way of spending the money....

North Korea has this huge military but the people live in their own crap...That isn't the future I want for America.

We can't be weaklings though either. Our military is a military of defeated weaklings. I'm sorry, but I have to say it. I'm not so much a fan of Trump, but our military is not so hot right now.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 07:33:24 PM »

Yes. But understanding doesn't mean excusing.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 07:34:01 PM »

Sure, I get the rage they feel. It's justified, but it's misplaced. I'm not a fan of racism, so I don't condone their behavior, but that doesn't mean the reasons they feel their anger aren't justified.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 07:35:58 PM »

They're upset with jobs.

Everyone is concerned about jobs. So why vote for a guy who sends his jobs overseas? Doesn't compute.

This beside the point.

Trump supporters aren't worried about jobs. The majority of them are in jobs that are the least affected by globalization.

The mental gymnastics people go through to justify these people's actions is hilarious.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 07:37:11 PM »

We can't be weaklings though either. Our military is a military of defeated weaklings. I'm sorry, but I have to say it. I'm not so much a fan of Trump, but our military is not so hot right now.

Maybe the world is changing and we don't have to have gigantic muscles any longer. Diplomacy is much more important than brute strength. Plus, so much of the military budget is wasteful, and they don't even know where it goes. That's shameful.

We need more accountability in the military, not to throw more money at it that disappears into thin air.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies