The most deplorable thing you've seen/heard from a Trump supporter this electio?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:41:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The most deplorable thing you've seen/heard from a Trump supporter this electio?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The most deplorable thing you've seen/heard from a Trump supporter this electio?  (Read 1072 times)
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2016, 03:15:43 AM »

HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 03:25:53 AM »

A coworker of mine and I got into it about the election. She still believes Obama wasn't born here and is a Muslim and how Hillary is going to implement Sharia Law and then informed me that once she gets into office, we are going to be sent to concentration camps (?) where they will convert us to fight for ISIS. (Seriously?, I could give you her number if you two would like to hook up). That's the worse thing I've heard in person from the Trumpkins. Then you have all the other deplorables chanting "Lock her up," "Hang her," "Execute her," "Trump that bitch," "F--- that c*nt." Such kind words from the party of Jesus. You stay classy, Republicans.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 03:27:52 AM »

One donning a "Make America Great Again" hat.  I don't know enough Trump supporters to see anything too interesting.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 03:45:30 AM »

A coworker of mine and I got into it about the election. She still believes Obama wasn't born here and is a Muslim and how Hillary is going to implement Sharia Law and then informed me that once she gets into office, we are going to be sent to concentration camps (?) where they will convert us to fight for ISIS. (Seriously?, I could give you her number if you two would like to hook up). That's the worse thing I've heard in person from the Trumpkins. Then you have all the other deplorables chanting "Lock her up," "Hang her," "Execute her," "Trump that bitch," "F--- that c*nt." Such kind words from the party of Jesus. You stay classy, Republicans.
That's...scary.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 03:49:18 AM »

Not the most deplorable, but I was literally talking to a Trump supporter at a bar just when I was out tonight down in a more blue collar area of town.  The dude had an America shirt on, told me he wanted to punch Obama for the way he talked to the protester at a rally.  I was playing along pretending to be kind of on the fence and apathetic, but when he said that I was like, oh hey let me go find this video I want to see this, so I got my phone out and of course in the video Obama actually says plenty of nice things about the protester and gets the crowd to stop harassing him.  The guy just claimed that was the wrong video and that there were no videos of the event he was talking about because the mainstream media was covering it up and wouldn't let any get on Youtube.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 03:54:10 AM »

Hmm. The individual stories don't bug me as much because we've always known there were cooks like that. For me, it has always been the chants of "lock her up" that really get me. They shake me at my core almost every time I hear them.

- it's violent
- it's devoid of facts
- it's against the spirit of the rule of law
- it's not the kind of positive thing a political crowd should be chanting
- it's an unprecedented vilification of Hillary

... the list of things goes on, which points to the fact that it pretty much embodies all the worst aspects of Trump's campaign. Throw in the fact that I actually really love Hillary, and I think "lock her up" is the perfect storm of things that would "trigger me."
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 03:56:45 AM »

Not the most deplorable, but I was literally talking to a Trump supporter at a bar just when I was out tonight down in a more blue collar area of town.  The dude had an America shirt on, told me he wanted to punch Obama for the way he talked to the protester at a rally.  I was playing along pretending to be kind of on the fence and apathetic, but when he said that I was like, oh hey let me go find this video I want to see this, so I got my phone out and of course in the video Obama actually says plenty of nice things about the protester and gets the crowd to stop harassing him.  The guy just claimed that was the wrong video and that there were no videos of the event he was talking about because the mainstream media was covering it up and wouldn't let any get on Youtube.
Incredible denial of reality. When something doesn't actually exists, it's because of an elaborate conspiratorial scheme to cover up things - not because the crackpot idiot who told you this (likely Alex Jones) is just full of sh**t.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 04:03:13 AM »

Have you tried giving her the number of a good psychotherapist?

Paranoid delusions shouldn't be treated lightly.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 04:13:59 AM »

The whole shouting "Bill Clinton is a rapist" thing might be the most deplorable widespread thing I've seen.  Their candidate confessed to habitually committing sexual assault, and instead of pushing back, they accepted it and explained it away by saying "well at least he's not as bad as this other guy who's not running for president" by dredging up these absurd accusations from decades ago by clearly troubled, unstable women with political vendettas against Bill Clinton, gleefully latching onto the most outrageous claims, and then running around trying to disrupt not just rallies but innocent events like talk shows, live reporting setups, even sporting events, with big signs that said "BILL CLINTON IS A RAPIST!" and shouting "BILL CLINTON IS A RAPIST!  INFOWARS DOT COM!  BILL CLINTON, RAPIST!  INFOWARS DOT COM!"

I also hated how liberals would meekly say "hey wise guy Bill Clinton's not on the ballot."  Bill Clinton also DIDN'T RAPE ANYBODY.  Don't give them that victory.  Nobody listened to me though and now I bet if you polled Democrats half of them would say Bill Clinton did rape whoever it was, just because the position became to accept that Bill had all these "flaws."
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 04:24:49 AM »

The whole shouting "Bill Clinton is a rapist" thing might be the most deplorable widespread thing I've seen.  Their candidate confessed to habitually committing sexual assault, and instead of pushing back, they accepted it and explained it away by saying "well at least he's not as bad as this other guy who's not running for president" by dredging up these absurd accusations from decades ago by clearly troubled, unstable women with political vendettas against Bill Clinton, gleefully latching onto the most outrageous claims, and then running around trying to disrupt not just rallies but innocent events like talk shows, live reporting setups, even sporting events, with big signs that said "BILL CLINTON IS A RAPIST!" and shouting "BILL CLINTON IS A RAPIST!  INFOWARS DOT COM!  BILL CLINTON, RAPIST!  INFOWARS DOT COM!"

I also hated how liberals would meekly say "hey wise guy Bill Clinton's not on the ballot."  Bill Clinton also DIDN'T RAPE ANYBODY.  Don't give them that victory.  Nobody listened to me though and now I bet if you polled Democrats half of them would say Bill Clinton did rape whoever it was, just because the position became to accept that Bill had all these "flaws."
All very true.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 04:51:41 AM »

Yelling "INFOWARS DOT COM" is the same effect as "I AM A NUTSO WACKJOB" to most people.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 06:22:24 AM »

Overheard at a grocery store:

"I mean, they're both unhinged. But wouldn't you rather have a unhinged guy than a unhinged woman? You know how they get."
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 06:24:14 AM »

Overheard at a grocery store:

"I mean, they're both unhinged. But wouldn't you rather have a unhinged guy than a unhinged woman? You know how they get."

One vote less for the nasty woman.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 09:02:17 AM »

"Hitler was a great leader."

...said when I compared Trump to der Führer.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 09:05:02 AM »

That shirt is some of the best campaign material I have ever seen!! This season has gotten so creative.

Unfortunately, I have yet to see anything like that first hand.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 09:11:32 AM »

Hmm. The individual stories don't bug me as much because we've always known there were cooks like that. For me, it has always been the chants of "lock her up" that really get me. They shake me at my core almost every time I hear them.

- it's violent
- it's devoid of facts
- it's against the spirit of the rule of law
- it's not the kind of positive thing a political crowd should be chanting
- it's an unprecedented vilification of Hillary

... the list of things goes on, which points to the fact that it pretty much embodies all the worst aspects of Trump's campaign. Throw in the fact that I actually really love Hillary, and I think "lock her up" is the perfect storm of things that would "trigger me."

Smiley
apricot
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 09:21:19 AM »

I haven't actually met any yet. But then I'm from Northern California....
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 10:27:32 AM »

"Mexico is our enemy."

I forgot about that one.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 10:38:16 AM »

I remember an incredibly (surprisingly) racist post just on this very forum yesterday, but I can't find it. There are too many threads to search through. I believe it was from a green avatar, but I'm not even sure about that.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 11:51:47 AM »

Yeah the worst part of this election was seeing so many on the "cucked" left try to meet the deplorables down the middle and buy into their narrative.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 11:57:06 AM »

Yeah the worst part of this election was seeing so many on the "cucked" left try to meet the deplorables down the middle and buy into their narrative.

Yup, also sick and tired of the articles that are like "Hillary Clinton is terrible, awful, disgusting, I hate her, she stole the primary from Bernie, honestly she should be in jail over her emails, see folks I'm just like you!  BUT Trump is so so so much worse and here's why, you should never vote for him, so please vote for her."  People seem to think that writing that kind of article will convince the deplorables so there have been about two dozen such endorsements of Hillary.  It's very much not appreciated because Hillary isn't actually any of those things.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 12:05:52 PM »

Trump supporters threatening to rape a friend who's a Catholic Hispanic lady in Texas. I've seen a lot of sh**tty behavior by Trump supporters this election.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies