NY-19 goes to the dark side
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:53:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NY-19 goes to the dark side
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-19 goes to the dark side  (Read 1805 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2016, 07:14:41 PM »
« edited: November 02, 2016, 07:16:14 PM by Torie »

Yes, NY-19, encompassing the most glorious landscape on Earth, has gone to the dark side, as well as schizo. Perhaps it needs an intervention. Trump is up by 3 points, while the Pub CD candidate is behind by 3 points (the Pub CD candidate is very competent and reasonable, whom I will nevertheless vote against as part of a long term plan to get a personal friend whom very much admire in Congress now that it is clear that the Pubs will hold the House - a metric nobody shares but my partner but I digress). Pestilence has spread into the upper Hudson Valley. Pray for us.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 07:16:31 PM »

Hahaha who are these Trump/Teachout voters?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 07:21:36 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2016, 08:01:12 PM by Torie »

Low information voters, perhaps not happy with their lives and/or circumstances,  who hate the establishment, to wit folks like Clinton and Faso, who have been around as members of the political class since rocks cooled, manipulating the system to benefit themselves. F them both. That is the mind set. Teachout has been running a zillion ads that she wants to drain the swamp - just like Trump.
The middle class has been horribly squeezed in the upper Hudson Valley. It's kind of a disaster really.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 07:26:17 PM »

One odd thing about the NY-19 race is that Teachout is running very expensive TV ads on NYC broadcast TV stations, rebutting her opponent's attack ads that aren't even being aired on NYC broadcast TV.  Now, Faso might be running ads on cable in the parts of the district that are in the NYC TV market, but to the rest of us (which has to be at least 90% of the NYC TV market), it's like overhearing a one half of a conversation that doesn't make sense.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 11:45:47 PM »

I watched a few Teachout ads, and I can see why she would be outperforming Clinton.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 12:00:49 AM »

lol
hopper
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 12:56:54 AM »

Voting for Trump/Teachout is just an odd thing to do. Trump and Teachout probably agree on 2 issues: A five year ban on politicians becoming lobbyists and they probably agree on trade policy. Teachout will probably has some things in common with "The Freedom Caucus" and might work with them if she gets elected.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 01:09:20 AM »

Yes, NY-19, encompassing the most glorious landscape on Earth, has gone to the dark side, as well as schizo. Perhaps it needs an intervention. Trump is up by 3 points, while the Pub CD candidate is behind by 3 points (the Pub CD candidate is very competent and reasonable, whom I will nevertheless vote against as part of a long term plan to get a personal friend whom very much admire in Congress now that it is clear that the Pubs will hold the House - a metric nobody shares but my partner but I digress). Pestilence has spread into the upper Hudson Valley. Pray for us.

You're friends with Zephyr Teachout?  Did I read this correctly? Huh
danny
Israel

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 01:14:59 AM »

He's friends with a potential Republican challenger to Teachout in the district, who wouldn't be able to run if the incumbent is another Republican.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 01:16:22 AM »

He's friends with a potential Republican challenger to Teachout in the district, who wouldn't be able to run if the incumbent is another Republican.

I thought he was good friends with the Democrat who lost the primary to Teachout.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 02:10:47 AM »

There are no Trump/Teachout voters but there are plenty of Stein/Teachout and, in all likelihood, Johnson/Teachout voters. Our very own Eraserhead is a Stein/Teachout voter!
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 04:03:14 AM »

NY is already the worst state in the union, so it can't really go to the dark side: It is the dark side.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 07:45:51 AM »

There are no Trump/Teachout voters but there are plenty of Stein/Teachout and, in all likelihood, Johnson/Teachout voters. Our very own Eraserhead is a Stein/Teachout voter!

Well, according to the SurveyUSA poll he linked, 11% of Trump voters support Teachout. I really want to know who these people are and why they think this makes sense.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 09:06:57 AM »

Haha, well I'll most likely be a Stein voter, still wrestling with that somewhat since she's run such an atrocious campaign. If I lived in a battleground state I'd probably hold my nose and vote for Clinton at this point. I'm 100% committed to Teachout though.

But yeah, there are definitely some "Other/Teachout" voters. I know several people who fall into this category personally.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2016, 09:11:21 AM »

Well, according to the SurveyUSA poll he linked, 11% of Trump voters support Teachout. I really want to know who these people are and why they think this makes sense.

For the record, I've never met a Trump/Teachout supporter. I guess there are a few out there but they're probably not the types of people who advertise their bizarre viewpoints much.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2016, 09:32:44 AM »

Since when is John Faso "competent and reasonable"?  I couldn't bring myself to vote for him in 2006, when I was a committed Republican and was no fan of Spitzer.

In any event, if we've learned anything from the last 10 years, it's that NY-19 can't be counted on for self-consistency.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2016, 09:37:56 AM »

Are you a Trump/Teachout voter Torie? Smiley
hopper
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2016, 03:04:07 PM »

I just saw an ad on TV where Teachout goes to the right of Faso on Taxes. She hits Faso on that he voted for tax increases.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2016, 03:51:34 PM »

Teachout has been obliterated by Faso for tax hikes in ads. And she has ad more ads against her than possibly all House candidates.

Look the spending. The DCCC has given her a modest amount while Super pacs, lobbyists, GOP bodies have poured in Millions & millions for Faso. This is one of the most lopsided races that there is when it comes to finding that it is crazy. It is completely opposite to the national picture where Hillary has hugely outspend Trump.

I think people have to accept that Clinton is one of the weakest candidates with incredible trust, honest issues with a lot of corruption baggage. Teachout doesn't have that & has run a good campaign - She is a strong candidate!

NY-19 has barely gone to Dems in the last 20 years odd apart from 2006 or 2008 when Dems got the House. This is a very credible achievement for Teachout it she gets the seat in a close race with a GOP House & Trump winning NY-19!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 11:26:57 AM »
« Edited: November 07, 2016, 11:30:33 AM by Torie »

You're friends with Zephyr Teachout?  Did I read this correctly? Huh

I thought he was good friends with the Democrat who lost the primary to Teachout.

Yes, Will Yandik. So the idea is that Teachout wins this time, will probably lose in the 2018 off year election (Dem turnout drops a lot in off year elections in NY, and CD-19), and then that opens up the Dem primary to Will in 2020. Will is much better positioned to hold the seat than Teachout. If the Pubs looked like they might have lost the House, then I would vote for Faso. But the House is safe now, so the grand plan is a "go." Smiley

Latest poll showed Faso ahead (6 points), after a prior poll showing him 3 points behind. And Trump will probably carry the CD. And if Faso wins, he will hold the seat forever probably. So the grand plan might bite the dust tomorrow. Sad
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies