NY-19 goes to the dark side (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:52:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NY-19 goes to the dark side (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-19 goes to the dark side  (Read 1847 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: November 02, 2016, 07:14:41 PM »
« edited: November 02, 2016, 07:16:14 PM by Torie »

Yes, NY-19, encompassing the most glorious landscape on Earth, has gone to the dark side, as well as schizo. Perhaps it needs an intervention. Trump is up by 3 points, while the Pub CD candidate is behind by 3 points (the Pub CD candidate is very competent and reasonable, whom I will nevertheless vote against as part of a long term plan to get a personal friend whom very much admire in Congress now that it is clear that the Pubs will hold the House - a metric nobody shares but my partner but I digress). Pestilence has spread into the upper Hudson Valley. Pray for us.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 07:21:36 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2016, 08:01:12 PM by Torie »

Hahaha who are these Trump/Teachout voters?

Low information voters, perhaps not happy with their lives and/or circumstances,  who hate the establishment, to wit folks like Clinton and Faso, who have been around as members of the political class since rocks cooled, manipulating the system to benefit themselves. F them both. That is the mind set. Teachout has been running a zillion ads that she wants to drain the swamp - just like Trump.
The middle class has been horribly squeezed in the upper Hudson Valley. It's kind of a disaster really.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 11:26:57 AM »
« Edited: November 07, 2016, 11:30:33 AM by Torie »

Yes, NY-19, encompassing the most glorious landscape on Earth, has gone to the dark side, as well as schizo. Perhaps it needs an intervention. Trump is up by 3 points, while the Pub CD candidate is behind by 3 points (the Pub CD candidate is very competent and reasonable, whom I will nevertheless vote against as part of a long term plan to get a personal friend whom very much admire in Congress now that it is clear that the Pubs will hold the House - a metric nobody shares but my partner but I digress). Pestilence has spread into the upper Hudson Valley. Pray for us.

You're friends with Zephyr Teachout?  Did I read this correctly? Huh

He's friends with a potential Republican challenger to Teachout in the district, who wouldn't be able to run if the incumbent is another Republican.

I thought he was good friends with the Democrat who lost the primary to Teachout.

Yes, Will Yandik. So the idea is that Teachout wins this time, will probably lose in the 2018 off year election (Dem turnout drops a lot in off year elections in NY, and CD-19), and then that opens up the Dem primary to Will in 2020. Will is much better positioned to hold the seat than Teachout. If the Pubs looked like they might have lost the House, then I would vote for Faso. But the House is safe now, so the grand plan is a "go." Smiley

Latest poll showed Faso ahead (6 points), after a prior poll showing him 3 points behind. And Trump will probably carry the CD. And if Faso wins, he will hold the seat forever probably. So the grand plan might bite the dust tomorrow. Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies