Weird Question-Bare with Me (Not Trolling)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:51:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Weird Question-Bare with Me (Not Trolling)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weird Question-Bare with Me (Not Trolling)  (Read 832 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2016, 03:36:11 PM »
« edited: November 10, 2016, 10:00:46 PM by Kevin »

I was wondering if anyone here is familar with the town of Chevy Chase in Maryland.

I was wondering if this area had some sort of connection to the actor and SNL cast member Chevy Chase?

As I grew up thinking that Chevy Chase Maryland was actually named for the man himself.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 04:02:55 PM »

The town (it seems) was named after The Ballad of Chevy Chase, a poem about a 14th century English battle. This is also where the actor's nickname, bestowed to him by his grandparents at a young age, comes from.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 06:16:25 PM »

God damn it, I thought this was going to be about an odd bear who either asked questions or answered others' questions - The Question-Bear.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 09:59:48 PM »

The town (it seems) was named after The Ballad of Chevy Chase, a poem about a 14th century English battle. This is also where the actor's nickname, bestowed to him by his grandparents at a young age, comes from.

Interesting,

Because when I was younger I thought MoCo residents named the town "Chevy Chase" because of their love of SNL, Caddyshack, and National Lampoon tbh.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 01:02:54 AM »

No, your first spelling was right -- it's just that the punctuation was weird. Now you're telling us to... uncover... with you Tongue
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 09:48:46 PM »

Bare with you??  That is a weird question.  You're kinky, although I suspect that Chevy Chase might take you up on it.  It's a little cold for my tastes just now.

Anyway, I'm vaguely familiar with the village--Been there a couple of times--and I've wondered also whether it has some connection with the man.  If anything, though, it is the other way around.  That is, the town would be the eponym of the man, because it has had that name for much longer.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 11:32:46 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2016, 06:55:07 PM by Kevin »

Bare with you??  That is a weird question.  You're kinky, although I suspect that Chevy Chase might take you up on it.  It's a little cold for my tastes just now.

Anyway, I'm vaguely familiar with the village--Been there a couple of times--and I've wondered also whether it has some connection with the man.  If anything, though, it is the other way around.  That is, the town would be the eponym of the man, because it has had that name for much longer.

He certainly looks like Chevy Chase though-Fat, white, pasty, and wealthy.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies