The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:33:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 6115 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2016, 09:17:25 PM »

I like how we both gave each other Gold Stars in the span of two days Tongue
The international elites, the very heads of our nations, have engaged in top down spoils systems! Tongue Wink
The dastardly conspiracy is revealed! Leinad purposefully instructed Rpryor to violate electoral law so that, in the ensuing sea of contention, I might become interim president and award him the Gold Star. The avarice of our leaders knows no bounds!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2016, 10:48:59 PM »

Not reported yet to the media.

Awaiting Gold Star payment.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2016, 11:31:07 PM »

Will you step aside once a Speaker of the House is named in accordance with historical Succession Acts or a American Constitutional Amendments (25th Amendment) or are you staying till the court cases are sorted out?
GAworth
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2016, 11:55:08 PM »

Thank you for the honor Mr. President.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2016, 04:31:22 PM »

Will you step aside once a Speaker of the House is named in accordance with historical Succession Acts or a American Constitutional Amendments (25th Amendment) or are you staying till the court cases are sorted out?
Thanks for the question, Senator. My job as Interim President is to uphold the laws of the Republic of Atlasia. I will therefore look to the Atlasian Constitution and the body of Atlasian law when determining the correct course of action in all matters, including how and when to hand over power to my successor.       While I have nothing but respect for the Constitution of the United States, it is no longer the law of the land, and so the 25th Amendment will not be the basis for any decision that I make.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2016, 05:01:00 PM »

I guess it's pretty much up to us to establish precedents and I support Truman remaining interim President until either Blair or Yankee is declared as President-elect. If only for ensuring some stability.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2016, 05:05:02 PM »

I think I speak for everyone, at least myself if I am re elected Speaker, that Truman has done an amazing job as interim President and should continue doing that job until we have a formal President.

I do not see the point of enthrusting me, or another person, with the Presidency, at this moment.

I thank the President for his grace and honor in serving in this thankless and tedious role.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2016, 07:10:13 PM »

As a candidate for Speaker, I hope that Truman does not vacate the office until a President-Elect is decided, in accordance with both Atlasian law and common sense.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 10:09:34 PM »

Statement on the Retirement of Justice Dereich

On behalf of the Atlasian people, I extend my heartfelt thanks and best wishes to Justice Dereich upon his retirement from public service. I am now in the process of selecting an appropriate replacement to assume his seat on the bench.

Harry S Truman, Interim President
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 10:11:31 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2016, 06:08:26 PM »

Mr President, the following bills have passed the Senate and await your signature or veto.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2016, 06:18:00 PM »

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2016, 07:26:52 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2016, 01:19:21 PM »

My gratitude to the Senate and to the Atlasian people for their respective votes in favor of this treaty, the latter by a resounding margin of nearly three to one. Having personally negotiated this treaty as Secretary of State, I sign it now with great expectations for the future of relations between the United Kingdom and our own country.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2016, 06:42:19 PM »

As an addendum to this nomination, I wish to extend my thanks to those who applied to fill this vacancy. In the end, I was left with a choice between two highly qualified, motivated Atlasians who have served their country in numerous capacities over the years. I am proud to nominate for the Supreme Court Senator Gass, who throughout his years as a senator, governor, and regional legislator has shown himself to be a conscientious and fair minded statesman whose willingness to cross the aisle and defy the spectre of party fealty for the good of his constituents make him an ideal candidate for this office, and it is with pleasure that I recommend his confirmation to the Senate.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2016, 02:19:26 PM »

Regarding the Transfer of Power

Setting aside the partisan bickering that has dogged the late presidential campaign (for which I have neither time nor patience), I am pleased that the Supreme Court has at long last reached a decision on the cases brought before it in the aftermath of the vote. I am heartened by the assurance of Justice TJ that the Court conducted itself professionally and without regard to party interests, and now turn my energies towards preparing this office for the inauguration of my successor.

More than a fortnight ago, when I first assumed the powers and duties of the presidency, I made the following promise before the Atlasian people:

I am interim president. It is my job to keep the wheels of government turning until the will of the people may be known and the democratically chosen president arrives to take the helm.

Honored though I am by those who would have me continue to serve my country from this post, theirs is a request I cannot grant. Our republic is greater than any leader, and her greatness is due to her fidelity to the self-evident truth that all just governments derive their legitimacy from the consent of the governed. We now know the will of the people, and before long we shall know the name of our next president. When that comes to pass, it will be my duty to continue the tradition of the peaceful transference of power begun more than two centuries ago by the fathers of the Old Union. This I will do to the best of my ability before retiring from the public stage until such time as I may be called to serve my country once again.

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2016, 11:12:42 PM »

While there's significant concern over how much you should've done in your role as Acting President, I think you've done a great job in maintaining stability and activity from the executive in a time of uncertainty, and history should look upon your brief tenure well.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2016, 11:14:25 PM »

While there's significant concern over how much you should've done in your role as Acting President, I think you've done a great job in maintaining stability and activity from the executive in a time of uncertainty, and history should look upon your brief tenure well.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2016, 11:45:15 AM »

This bill has passed the Senate and is awaiting your signature:
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2016, 03:57:31 PM »

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2016, 04:38:14 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2016, 07:50:41 PM by President Truman »

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2016, 06:03:26 PM »

Statement on Striking Government Workers

It has come to my attention that many in Nyman, and the employees of our government agencies in particular, are concerned that the incoming administration may seek to "purge" the bureaucracy for political gain. As your president, and as someone party to the discussions between Senator Blair and Justice Yankee, I give you my assurance that to the best of my knowledge, neither of these gentlemen has any intention of using government jobs as bargaining chips with which to gain political power. I implore the striking workers to return to their jobs, and would be delighted to meet with them so long as I remain in office.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2016, 06:28:19 AM »

You did wonderfully in your capacity as President during the constitutional crisis.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies