Bigger villain this election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:25:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bigger villain this election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is the ultimate villain
Sean Hannity

Roger Stone

FBI

Rudy Giuliani

Chris Christie

Paul Manafort

Kellyanne Conway

Mike Pence

Ted Cruz

Roger Ailes

Steve Bannon

Clueandowski

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 86

Author Topic: Bigger villain this election?  (Read 2397 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2016, 11:03:42 PM »

Other than Trump obv
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 11:06:23 PM »

Voted Bannon. The fact that someone even remotely associated with, let alone actually runs, that den of deplorables called Breitbart, deserves to be treated as a villain. Especially considering the unbelievable role he plays within the Trump campaign.
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 11:08:27 PM »

I said Kellyanne Conway, as she has been a major force in trying to legitimatize Trump and his entire way of thinking.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 11:09:02 PM »

My number one is Rudy Giuliani, because he is even a million times more unhinged than Ann Coulter if she did or did not get to kiss Sarah Palin. I mean, other than InfoWar stuff and other crazy realities, these are by far the three most extreme human beings of any form or shape that this world has seen during the past ten years other than the obvious president of the Phillippines and the Hitler of North Korea if name shall be forgotten in silence.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 11:14:12 PM »

Vladimir Putin
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 12:29:56 AM »

The FBI. More than any of the others, they had an obligation that they abandoned to intervene in order to benefit an insane, stupid, terrorist-supporting Putin-puppet.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 12:41:09 AM »

The American People, myself included.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 01:11:36 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2016, 01:34:09 AM by eric82oslo »

Since 1945, in a vocal message that went out to all of the world, this might have been the by far most hateful, disgusting, Hitlerary message ever uttered from a human being not named Adolf Hitler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luzajJDsGOY

At least in my 34 years here on this earth, this is by extremely, extremely far the most disgusting political speech I've ever seen - I was so shock I literally thought I was either gonna die, black out or simply have a heart attack - and I'm pretty damn sure that it will for ever be by very far the most shameful political address I will ever - I repeat EVER - ever see in my entire life. This kind of extreme fascism simply cannot grow in an economy with less than 5% unemployment. It will be defeated and it will be defeated soundly. Let there be no doubt. What so ever. From the inner circles of Silicone Valley all the way to the bullet trains in Japan there will be no doubt - fascism will not yet again get to knock down everything we've been able to build up during the past 71 years since the past Rudy Hitler Giuliani ruled. Maybe he's still upset because more than 100,000 American troups happened to knock down his friend and ancestor mister Mussolini back then?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 01:23:39 AM »

I said Kellyanne Conway, as she has been a major force in trying to legitimatize Trump and his entire way of thinking.

You might as well blame the entire media apparatus - they could have, at any point, said "look, this Trump guy is virtually Charles Mason with inherited money" and then stopped giving him free 24/7 coverage.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 03:09:31 AM »

Obviously the FBI, the director of which deliberately grandstanded and showboated throughout the election to an extremely unprecedented degree—and to the detriment of a candidate who barely did anything wrong.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 03:34:12 AM »

What could be more scary than Rudy Giuliani screaming from the top of his lungs life a mad wulf? Literally? You just can't buy these kinds of advertisement stunts, even if you were to own the largest Trump company in the entire world, seriously.

Only Hitler, and now occasionally, though not so occassionally, Rudy Giuliani screams like this. When he wants all other racists and nazists and other God damn awful human beings in the entire US and the rest of the world. In order to gather. To start building his new project. The fourth Reich. Welcome. And adieu at the same time. If there's one thing nazis like Rudy Giuliani truely detests, it's openness. Better to keep it all behind Trump's very closed doors in the 54th floor of his tower.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 03:41:28 AM »

What could be more scary than Rudy Giuliani screaming from the top of his lungs life a mad wulf? Literally? You just can't buy these kinds of advertisement stunts, even if you were to own the largest Trump company in the entire world, seriously.

Only Hitler, and now occasionally, though not so occassionally, Rudy Giuliani screams like this. When he wants all other racists and nazists and other God damn awful human beings in the entire US and the rest of the world. In order to gather. To start building his new project. The fourth Reich. Welcome. And adieu at the same time. If there's one thing nazis like Rudy Giuliani truely detests, it's openness. Better to keep it all behind Trump's very closed doors in the 54th floor of his tower.

Don't be ridiculous.  Screaming does not make one Hitler.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 03:50:01 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2016, 03:52:46 AM by eric82oslo »

Don't be ridiculous.  Screaming does not make one Hitler.

Did you even listen to his speech? I'm already 100% certain that we didn't even listen to the same speech. It's not about how loud you can speak. It's about how loud you can scream anti-human rhetoric. If you didn't hear extremely high anti-human rethoric from Giuliani's disgusting mouth at that sound clip, you should seriously go to get your ears checked.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2016, 03:56:54 AM »

Don't be ridiculous.  Screaming does not make one Hitler.

Happy now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YhwIr5Gh2w

That is what you want right? Since you didn't think the extreme nazi heil of Giuliani was good enough for you, maybe you would like to kiss goodnight the guy who killed somewhere between 80 million and 100 million of the world's population in the 1940s? Since you're such an enormously huge supporter of the Third Reich after all.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2016, 08:34:13 AM »

The media.  'Fair & Balanced' for-ratings information has destroyed so much.

I agree. Ratings was the only reason that Trump could get to were he is now. Without it, he would still be a cockroach living behind a rock and hoping and praying to his entire family, his entire ex-family and everyone he has ever molested (who, let's be quite honest here, are probably some 100,000s). Just the Norwegian celebries he has molested and who has come forward in order to admit to what a disgustingly sleezy man he was must be slowing getting close to 100 at this point.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 08:42:48 AM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 10:38:51 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2016, 11:45:10 AM by Malcolm X »

Paul Ryan is the ultimate personification of Republicans who see Trump for what he is and are appalled, but are willing to support a psychologically unstable, crooked, bigoted sexual predator for President out of cowardace and raw ambition/hunger for power, so I'd say he's the ultimate villain (along with the "reluctant" Trump voters and rationalization-prone elected officials like him).  At least the rabid crazies actually believe this non-sense; Ryan folks like him know better and support Trump anyway.  

It calls to mind the biblical parable about the devil attempting to tempt Jesus by offering him the world in exchange for just one act of worship [by Christ toward the devil].  Paul Ryan - like George Wallace, Hugh Dorsey, Al Sharpton, David Miscavige, and many others before him - proved all too willing to perform the metaphorical act of worship.  If Hell exists, then surely there's a special place in it for folks like Ryan who support something they know to be truly evil due to greed, ambition, or thirst for power.  Whether condemning Trump would cost him the Speakership is irrelevant; this was one of those rare times where one candidate is unambiguously evil.  

The only relevant election for Republican elected officials is "where will you stand when the flood comes?"  And Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Pat Toomey, Rob Portman, and the rest of the revolting cowards in the "reluctant" Trump supporter/"I won't endorse or condemn" caucus have answered that question loud and clear.  "I never endorsed him" or "I only did it because of the Supreme Court vacancy, but the stuff he said about [insert group/person here] was awful" are almost as pathetic "excuses" as "I was just following orders."

TL;DR: Paul Ryan and the "reluctant Trump" voters/politicians are the ultimate villains of the cycle.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2016, 11:41:29 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2016, 11:43:15 AM by Dabeav »

Hillary Rodham Clinton

and additional HP Bill "The Shill" Weld. What a piece of garbage.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2016, 02:30:55 PM »

Obviously the FBI, the director of which deliberately grandstanded and showboated throughout the election to an extremely unprecedented degree—and to the detriment of a candidate who barely did anything wrong.

The kind of FBI investigation Hillary was under in though July is the sort of thing that, for our entire history, disqualified potential candidates.  Donors wouldn't touch them.  Party operatives would tell them the facts of electoral life.

What does it tell you that this didn't happen here?  The Democrats weren't shy of candidates; why did the party apparatus and the donors clear the way for Hillary Clinton?  Because she's a woman?  But if THAT was so critical, why not throw your money and influence toward other capable female candidates the Democratic Party could have put forth.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz should have been one of the picks.  She's the architect of the Democrats' losing their chance to recapture the Senate, and (possibly) the architect of the Democrats losing the White House.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2016, 02:32:02 PM »

Honorable mention - Mark Burnett
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2016, 02:35:44 PM »

The kind of FBI investigation Hillary was under in though July is the sort of thing that, for our entire history, disqualified potential candidates.  Donors wouldn't touch them.  Party operatives would tell them the facts of electoral life.

What does it tell you that this didn't happen here?  The Democrats weren't shy of candidates; why did the party apparatus and the donors clear the way for Hillary Clinton?  Because she's a woman?  But if THAT was so critical, why not throw your money and influence toward other capable female candidates the Democratic Party could have put forth.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz should have been one of the picks.  She's the architect of the Democrats' losing their chance to recapture the Senate, and (possibly) the architect of the Democrats losing the White House.

You and much of your party are literally supporting a sexual predator for President.  Think about that the next time you wonder why no one takes your fake outrage about Hillary's e-mails seriously.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2016, 02:44:44 PM »

Either Chris Christie or Mike Pence, but Christie really seems to stand tallest.

It was Christie who became the first establishment figure to legitimize Trump by giving him his first endorsement by a major officeholder. This was a major boon to Trump and very possibly pushed Trump over the top in several Super Tuesday states which otherwise could have gone to a more sane Republican who actually believes in the party's platform (Vermont, Virginia, etc.).

His whole campaign was also a con built on the fiction of his "balanced" budget in New Jersey and the parallel fiction of Christie "telling it like it is" and "getting stuff done", but his "balanced" budget was "balanced" only in technicality; he did it by delaying making payments to public pension funds, and as a resident of Illinois, I know exactly how the aftermath of that works out. Christie will leave office, whether he goes to prison or not, and his successor, whether Republican or Democrat, will take office, and soon, fit will hit the shan when these public employees retire and wonder where the pension money is, New Jersey bonds will be downgraded even more than they already have (probably near junk status), and the successor will be blamed for everything.

And his record since dropping out should tell everyone that Christie has no interest in "telling it like it is". His endorsement of Trump represented Christie once again putting his ambitions ahead of the people (just as he did in New Jersey), and the speeches he's given have so little connection with reality that it's almost laughable. He wanted that VP spot, and he bet the house on red and lost. But just because he lost and Mike Pence got that spot doesn't make Christie better than Pence.

He also fits in perfectly with Trump because he is a bully (and very possibly a criminal because of it) and a terrible role model for children everywhere. His speech at the RNC was the worst thing I've heard come out of anyone's mouth this entire cycle, and I don't say that lightly; trust me.

So yeah, he might be exonerated for Bridgegate and get to ride off into the sunset with a seven-figure lobbying gig soon (while New Jersey crumbles due to his mismanagement), but Chris Christie is, out of the listed choices, far and away the biggest villian of the year.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2016, 02:46:54 PM »

First person eliminated from Survivor USA: Mark Burnett

Mark Burnett, tribe has spoken.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2016, 03:00:55 PM »

Hillary Rodham Clinton

and additional HP Bill "The Shill" Weld. What a piece of garbage.

Seriously, dude. A "piece of garbage"? I'm pretty sure Bill Weld (or Hillary Clinton) aren't facing 70+ lawsuits for fraud, breach of contract, defamation, and sexual harassment, aren't on tape admitting to committing sexual assault, don't have a credible accusation of raping an underage girl against them, and that their knee-jerk response to a refugee crisis isn't "Let them stay in their country and die because I don't like their religion". There's one piece of garbage in this race.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies