Blue States (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:11:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Blue States (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blue States  (Read 3198 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: July 08, 2005, 01:46:16 PM »

you red staters better take PA with you since I wouldn't want to be part of that country. Although, according to this wonderful logic, all we have to do to change this is swing, what, about 1.5% towards the Republicans in the next election and then were automatically horrible, horrible, rotten, god-fearing, uneducated, uncouth, irresponsible, fat, lazy, red staters.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 10:33:42 PM »

you red staters better take PA with you since I wouldn't want to be part of that country. Although, according to this wonderful logic, all we have to do to change this is swing, what, about 1.5% towards the Republicans in the next election and then were automatically horrible, horrible, rotten, god-fearing, uneducated, uncouth, irresponsible, fat, lazy, red staters.

Trade: Central PA and Western Maryland to the Red for Northern Virginia and Northeastern Ohio.  We got a deal?  Keystone Phil, have fun in bumbleland with soulty!

What about my town, Pittsburgh? We would probably fit in more with a Red State nation than with a Blue State one.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 02:17:39 PM »

First of all- the Blue States would remain The UNITED STATE OF AMERICA- and take all of our resources and weapons and businesses and money and other lands in Red states that would benefit us.

Many many businesses reside in the south. Do you think if the US somehow "broke up" they'd leave? Ha, I think not. And weapons? You do realize that the vast majority of military bases are in the south. The majority of our troops are from the south and plains and our biggest naval bases are in the south.

Dirty? Florida beaches are probably the cleanest in the country and are continually on the list of top beaches in the country.

Actually your wrong with pretty much everything you said except about the beaches in florida. Most soldiers dont come from the south and plains. most stock owners in companys come from blue states. the biggest and most sophisticated bases are in california and northern states.

Well most military bases are in the so-called "Red States". Hampton Roads Naval Base in Virginia, Camp Lejune in South Carolina, Fort Leavenworth in Kansas, Fort Bliss in Texas and it goes on.

Here is a list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._Army_bases , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._Navy_bases , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._Marine_Corps_bases , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._Air_Force_bases

Whether most soldier are from blue states really doesn't matter since I can't find any actual data on this though there are more people in "red states" and just more states in the "red state" catagory.

As for stock ownership most of those come from blue states because most of those stock owners are brokers who live in the NYC area. If we look at the overall economies of the South and the so-called "sun belt" in the past 25 years there has been extrordinary economic growth as major corporations such as Bank of America, Wal-Mart and HealthSouth have all become major players.

Then again why the hell am I arguing this. This whole discussion has to be one of the most stupid things I have ever heard in my life. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies