Describe a Sanders/Kander/Greitens voter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:13:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Describe a Sanders/Kander/Greitens voter
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Sanders/Kander/Greitens voter  (Read 1082 times)
The Arizonan
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2016, 04:21:12 AM »

How would you describe a Sanders/Kander/Greitens voter or at least a Kander/Greitens voter?
Panda Express

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 05:16:50 AM »

a jew
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 09:22:30 AM »

Moderate liberal Jewish voter who is backing Greitens because of their anger over how Jay Nixon handled various issues, including Ferguson.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 11:15:37 AM »

Liberal vet who typically votes Dem but is impressed by Greitens' military experience.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 12:18:03 PM »

My dad.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »

A white, male, working class retiree, conservative on social issues who nevertheless continues to vote in the Democratic primary (partly out of habit, partly because the GOP is the party of "Wall Street bankers"). Has grown increasingly distrustful of the political elites over the years, leading him to vote for Sanders as the only viable alternative to Clinton and for Kander due to dislike for "insider" Roy Blunt. Voting for Greitens in the gubernatorial race because of his positions on social issues and because "a veteran is more trustworthy than a politician."
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 12:32:45 PM »

A white, male, working class retiree, conservative on social issues who nevertheless continues to vote in the Democratic primary (partly out of habit, partly because the GOP is the party of "Wall Street bankers"). Has grown increasingly distrustful of the political elites over the years, leading him to vote for Sanders as the only viable alternative to Clinton and for Kander due to dislike for "insider" Roy Blunt. Voting for Greitens in the gubernatorial race because of his positions on social issues and because "a veteran is more trustworthy than a politician."
Pretty close to my dad.

White, male, middle class union worker, conservative on social issues, despises Hillary Clinton but dislikes Roy Blunt as well. He's voting for Greitens because his high school did work with Greitens charity.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 06:29:56 PM »

Perhaps a liberal Democrat who's not happy with Koster being a moderate, former Republican, and is voting for Greitens in protest against Koster being one of the Missouri Democratic Party's big faces?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 06:33:48 PM »

I'm more inclined to go with the "Dixiecrat that still has a grudge against the Blunts" theory than the "liberal Jew who is voting for Greitens because he is Jewish" theory, particularly since Jews broke heavily for Hillary and tend to not throw away their party loyalty just because a Republican candidate happens to be Jewish.

Of course, that's to the extent these voters even exist, which there will be very few.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 07:22:26 PM »

yeah Dixiecrat sounds right, and Blunt probably strikes them as one of those Good Old Boys, but saw all of those gun toting ads from Greitens and thought he was a good fella.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 11:00:54 PM »

I'm more inclined to go with the "Dixiecrat that still has a grudge against the Blunts" theory than the "liberal Jew who is voting for Greitens because he is Jewish" theory, particularly since Jews broke heavily for Hillary and tend to not throw away their party loyalty just because a Republican candidate happens to be Jewish.

Of course, that's to the extent these voters even exist, which there will be very few.
Yeah, very few Jews would be inclined to vote for Eric Greitens and for Bernie Sanders.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 08:29:40 AM »

Also in my experience the Jews who did back Sanders backed him because they liked his views, not because he was Jewish.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 10:56:53 AM »

HONESTLY,

I would rather Koster wins than Kander winning. Koster winning is much more important.

I literally have had sleepless nights worrying about Greitens winning.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 11:00:50 AM »

HONESTLY,

I would rather Koster wins than Kander winning. Koster winning is much more important.

Nope. Kander is much more important for two reasons:

1. We need another Democrat in the Senate to make sure a majority can withstand a loss in the 2017 VA special election (although I'm not predicting that).

2. A Democratic governor in Missouri can't really do all that much considering the large majorities the Republicans have in the Missouri legislature.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 11:05:17 AM »

A relative/close friend of Greithens, who is actually a liberal Democrat, but only votes for him because of their relationship.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 11:05:46 AM »

HONESTLY,

Nope. Kander is much more important for two reasons:

1. We need another Democrat in the Senate to make sure a majority can withstand a loss in the 2017 VA special election (although I'm not predicting that).

2. A Democratic governor in Missouri can't really do all that much considering the large majorities the Republicans have in the Missouri legislature.

There are paths to a Democratic US Senate without Kander winning.

The GOP Margin should narrow a bit this election. If Russ Carnahan wins Lt. Gov (which is is ever so favored, slightly) that is another help.

Koster + some gop defects will be able to stop Right to Work proposals. Greitens proposal is to make MO a right to work state and make MO like Kansas.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 11:26:06 AM »

Well,
I guess a member of #Jewslivesmatter?

The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 10:19:32 PM »

The idea that Jewish folks will vote for candidates just for being Jewish is just erroneous.

Steven Schiff, who was a Republican congressman from Albuquerque, did not receive a large share of the Jewish vote because he had an 'R' next to his name.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies