A mistake I think the Clinton campaign is making
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:47:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  A mistake I think the Clinton campaign is making
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: A mistake I think the Clinton campaign is making  (Read 5083 times)
BoAtlantis

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2016, 12:06:50 PM »

Disagree.

These are two historically unlikable candidates. You have to prove one is less likable than the other.
Trump's biggest weakness is his temperament and ability to look presidential. The average swing voters care more about the image and feeling for the candidate than policies.

Policies are only for the partisans like myself.

"Is he ready to serve as president?" "Is he presidential?" is what you have to constantly remind the swing voters. It won't work in Iowa because it's out of her reach.
RHTFT
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.50, S: -3.83

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2016, 12:08:33 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2016, 12:11:24 PM by RHTFT »

Almost every single Trump ad I've seen involves him attacking her for her scandals, positions on various issues, etc.

Almost every single Clinton ad I've seen involves her attacking him for saying mean things about women and minorities.

She's making a huge mistake. This is why the election is so close.

RHTFT
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2016, 12:17:28 PM »

All I'm trying to say is that Clinton should focus on attacking Trump for being unqualified to be president and his scandals/insane policies, and she should also start to outline her positives instead of attacking him for being too anti-PC. Attacking him for being too anti-PC does nothing but energize his base and makes her seem substanceless.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2016, 12:26:02 PM »

All I'm trying to say is that Clinton should focus on attacking Trump for being unqualified to be president and his scandals/insane policies, and she should also start to outline her positives instead of attacking him for being too anti-PC. Attacking him for being too anti-PC does nothing but energize his base and makes her seem substanceless.

Here's the problem though. The average American isn't informed enough about policies. Just look at the polls. Trump outperforms Hillary on who is better for the economy.

That is scary, considering he thinks renegotiating on our debt is a plausible option, and no former Economic Adviser to presidents has endorsed him.

Trump attacking for her scandals and Hillary attacking him for treatment to the common citizens are to be expected and they're doing it correctly.
RHTFT
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2016, 12:30:29 PM »

If she doesn't attack him on policy, she should at least attack him for being unqualified to be president and for his various scandals. That would help her a lot more than attacking him for being too anti-PC.

She should also start to outline her positives in advertisements. She need to start talking about her accomplishments and positive qualities.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2016, 12:42:57 PM »

"Anti-PC?" Don't you idiots realize that what you call "political correctness" is what actual decent people call "being considerate?" You're going to go shout "Merry Christmas" in the faces of a bunch of Sikhs just to be sh-t-stains? That's "standing up for your rights?"

"Yeah! I'll shout 'Merry Christmas" in their Sikh faces and then I'll knock their turbans off! No, it's not racism nor bigotry: just my brave stand against the smothering oppression of PC Smiley"
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2016, 01:02:53 PM »

She does though. Her campaigning line I remember best is the .."in 1995 Trump was suing so-and-so, I was taking children out of poverty, etc etc"
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2016, 01:04:12 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2016, 01:11:07 PM by Little Big BREXIT »

I totally agree. The Clinton campaign has failed in telling the positive story of Clinton and they have failed in attacking Trump where he is truly dangerous. Attacking Trump for being anti-PC is counter productive at this point.

At any point.

The only reason I like Trump is because he is anti-PC. I disagree with most of his positions (immigration, trade, some of his fake social positions...)

Shocked the force is strong with you

"Anti-PC?" Don't you idiots realize that what you call "political correctness" is what actual decent people call "being considerate?" You're going to go shout "Merry Christmas" in the faces of a bunch of Sikhs just to be sh-t-stains? That's "standing up for your rights?"

I can only imagine how insecure you must be if you actually find "political correctness" threatening. My goodness.

No, it means that one doesn't speak about cultural problem, for instance, not all shootings (not even most of them) depends on police being racists, it depends among other on exaggerated mistrust to police from Blacks, culture ~ "be cool gangsta in the ghetto" as rapers cultivate etc etc, islamic radicalization often happens in mosques, illegal immigration is wrong. Very simplified.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2016, 01:33:33 PM »

Clinton would have won with a mandate if this election was about policy, but this is a character election.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2016, 02:20:22 PM »

I totally agree. The Clinton campaign has failed in telling the positive story of Clinton and they have failed in attacking Trump where he is truly dangerous. Attacking Trump for being anti-PC is counter productive at this point.

At any point.

The only reason I like Trump is because he is anti-PC. I disagree with most of his positions (immigration, trade, some of his fake social positions...)

Very similar to me.  I actually dislike Trump as a person and all things equal prefer Clinton policies overall when compared to Trump but will vote for him for being anti-PC.  Also I want to vote for White consolidation.

What on earth? You're Chinese! You'll don't think they won't come after you, do you?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2016, 02:26:05 PM »

Why is OP continuing to make so many generalizations about Hillary's entire campaign from literally one ad he saw

Why are there so many deplorable and bad posters with terrible opinions
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2016, 02:31:06 PM »

Why is OP continuing to make so many generalizations about Hillary's entire campaign from literally one ad he saw

The inane "the Democrats should ignore how awful Trump is and instead attack him on his tax policy!" or whatever concern trolling line has been around all election season. It's because the people spouting it get upset when the existence of racism/sexism is acknowledged.
RHTFT
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2016, 03:11:23 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2016, 03:13:54 PM by RHTFT »

It's not just one ad.

Literally every single Hillary ad I've seen over the past month was about Trump's comments against woman, minorities, etc.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2016, 03:30:35 PM »

The problem with attacking Trump on policy is that his plans (to the extent that he has any) are all so absurd that voters just go "Well, she's just making things up to attack him. There's no way he actually wants to do any of that."
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2016, 03:32:36 PM »

The problem with attacking Trump on policy is that his plans (to the extent that he has any) are all so absurd that voters just go "Well, she's just making things up to attack him. There's no way he actually wants to do any of that."

Yes, nobody is voting for Trump based off policy, as evidenced by the fact that he's flip flopped on every issue about 100 times, sometimes multiple times in the same day. It's solely based off tribalism, whether due to race, gender, religion, political party (main one), etc. Trying to attack Trump on policy would be the dumbest strategy imaginable.
RHTFT
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2016, 03:37:01 PM »

I agree that she shouldn't attack him on policy. However, she should attack him for being unpexperienced/unfit to be president and for his various scandals. She should also start outlining her positives in ads.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2016, 03:39:51 PM »

I saw a Clinton add today that was very upbeat and positive and didn't even mention her opponent.
Wouldn't it have been nice to see more of these?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2016, 07:22:21 PM »

what the sht
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2016, 07:24:12 PM »

I do like how people say all Trump did was "say mean things". So actually raping and sexually harassing people is just "saying mean things?". Deplorable.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2016, 07:29:25 PM »

The Clinton campaign will have actually tested various attack lines with pollsters and focus groups, and have more information to go on than a gut feeling you had after seeing a single advertisement.  
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2016, 07:30:25 PM »

Trump is not "anti-PC."  The moment anyone says anything remotely critical of him, he just has to tweet about it or something.  He complains constantly about people saying things he doesn't like.  He just can't handle criticism at all.  Pretty much 75% of his entire campaign is based on complaining that someone said something he doesn't like.  If you listen to what Trump has to say and think that he is a champion of some "anti-PC" movement, what you mean by PC doesn't actually have anything to do with "telling it like it is" or whatever.  It just means that you're a racist hypocrite that can't handle a substantive debate.  It's like Trumpistas want free reign to say whatever they want without any criticism.  It's a free country.  You can say what you like, but everyone else is free to call you out for being a jerk when you do.  It goes both ways.
RHTFT
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2016, 07:38:28 PM »

The Clinton campaign will have actually tested various attack lines with pollsters and focus groups, and have more information to go on than a gut feeling you had after seeing a single advertisement.  

It's not just one ad.

Literally every single Hillary ad I've seen over the past month was about Trump's comments against woman, minorities, etc.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2016, 07:44:15 PM »

It really has become the "attack" campaign on the other's nepotism in business.

Their questionable practices, sexually, financially.

Unfortunately, in this campaign, the one with the most mud loses.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2016, 09:26:52 AM »

At any point.

Very similar to me.  I actually dislike Trump as a person and all things equal prefer Clinton policies overall when compared to Trump but will vote for him for being anti-PC.  Also I want to vote for White consolidation.

"White consolidation"  Huh  Is this the idea that a more explicitly race-based politics is somehow a good thing?
rafta_rafta

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2016, 09:39:00 AM »

anti PC crowd is the one which was whining about star bucks removing angels from their coffee cups
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies