Why are hipster Christians usually such Democratic hacks?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:08:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Why are hipster Christians usually such Democratic hacks?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are hipster Christians usually such Democratic hacks?  (Read 461 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2016, 09:28:26 PM »
« edited: November 06, 2016, 09:30:26 PM by Messy Masterpiece »

I'm not asking why they are liberal, that's obvious. I'm talking about why they are usually such die-hard loyalists for the actual Democratic Party ala me and Lief and thus Hillary, instead of criticizing her from the left and only reluctantly accepting her, and almost no Bernie or Bust types.

I mostly ask because I've noticed lately my Facebook feed is full of not only Trump bashing but bashing of third parties, and posts linking to liberal sites debunking leftist attacks on Hillary and no posts along the lines of "Yeah I'm voting for Hillary even though she is terrible..." I saw that stuff during the primary, but it basically disappeared once Bernie endorsed her.

And keep in mind, polls show most Millennials don't like Hillary still and are only reluctantly voting for her.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 10:02:13 PM »

It's 2 days before the election.  This strikes me as a "rally around the flag" type effect, especially considering how few Bernie supporters are actually not supporting Hillary.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 10:36:08 PM »

I'm not asking why they are liberal, that's obvious. I'm talking about why they are usually such die-hard loyalists for the actual Democratic Party ala me and Lief and thus Hillary, instead of criticizing her from the left and only reluctantly accepting her, and almost no Bernie or Bust types.

Lief is a Christian?!  Sad
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 12:07:28 AM »

Probably about as "Christian" as BRTD.

Sad, indeed.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 12:27:27 AM »

Lief is a Christian?!  Sad

Sad, indeed.

Would you take my conservative, quasi-Calvinist (though believing in unlimited atonement) Christianity to BRTD's then? Wink
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 12:33:32 AM »

"The Christian Left" Facebook page was subtly pro-Bernie during the primaries, if memory serves, fwiw.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 12:45:20 AM »

Sad, indeed.

Would you take my conservative, quasi-Calvinist (though believing in unlimited atonement) Christianity to BRTD's then? Wink

Politically or for ecumenical/'fellowship' purposes? If the latter, then yeah, absolutely.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 12:47:59 AM »

Sad, indeed.

Politically or for ecumenical/'fellowship' purposes? If the latter, then yeah, absolutely.

? How are hipster Christians lacking in fellowship?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 12:52:08 AM »
« Edited: November 07, 2016, 12:56:40 AM by Ah! tout est bu, tout est mangé! Plus rien à dire! »

Sad, indeed.

? How are hipster Christians lacking in fellowship?

Not what I was trying to imply.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 10:35:28 PM »

maybe Trump scares them even more than secular democrats?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies