Transition Team/Cabinet Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:36:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Transition Team/Cabinet Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 54
Author Topic: Transition Team/Cabinet Thread  (Read 90256 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: December 13, 2016, 04:44:12 PM »

Rice and Gates don't really. They have ties to Stephen Hadley, who has very, very weak ties to Exxon. Hadley may very well be the person who advised Trump about Tillerson.
JMT

« Reply #1051 on: December 13, 2016, 05:07:30 PM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/ryan-zinke-interior-secretary-trump-232590

Politico reporting that Zinke has been selected as Interior Secretary. No word on if he has accepted the offer or not. I hope this is true, because this will eliminate Tester's toughest challenger!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1052 on: December 13, 2016, 05:12:35 PM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/ryan-zinke-interior-secretary-trump-232590

Politico reporting that Zinke has been selected as Interior Secretary. No word on if he has accepted the offer or not. I hope this is true, because this will eliminate Tester's toughest challenger!

Fantastic! Do you know who would fill Zinke's House seat? He just won Montana's at-large House election, so who replaces him? Will Bullock be able to appoint a replacement?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1053 on: December 13, 2016, 05:26:26 PM »

Scott Wong ‏@scottwongDC  8m8 minutes ago
Trump has not told @cathymcmorris yet that she didn't get Interior job, source says. Politico reporting Trump offered job to @RepRyanZinke
JMT

« Reply #1054 on: December 13, 2016, 05:29:03 PM »

Fantastic! Do you know who would fill Zinke's House seat? He just won Montana's at-large House election, so who replaces him? Will Bullock be able to appoint a replacement?

I'm not sure who would run to replace him! It likely will be someone I have never heard of (I'm not extremely well versed in Montana politics). But perhaps Denny Rehberg, the former Congressman from Montana who lost a Senate race to Tester in 2012, would be interested in a political comeback and could try to run for his old seat.
Unfortunately Bullock will not be able to appoint a replacement, because it is a house seat. Governors can generally appoint senate vacancies, but this House seat will just remain vacant until a special election takes place. Not sure when that would occur.  
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1055 on: December 13, 2016, 05:30:05 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2016, 05:32:43 PM by Castro »

Stephen Miller has been selected as Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor to the President for Policy.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2016/12/stephen-miller-senior-adviser-policy-232592

Also...

Manu Raju ‏@mkraju  1m1 minute ago
A sign Heitkamp may not be joining Team Trump? While she has an "open mind" on Tillerson, she says she has "some concerns" about Russia ties
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1056 on: December 13, 2016, 05:43:39 PM »

Zinke is in.

Jeremy DiamondVerified account
‏@JDiamond1
Rep. Ryan Zinke has accepted Trump's offer to serve as Interior Secretary, a transition official tells me
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1057 on: December 13, 2016, 06:15:13 PM »

katrina pierson makes her pitch for WH press secretary.....
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1058 on: December 13, 2016, 06:23:26 PM »

Good. McMorris Rodgers should be the next Speaker.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1059 on: December 13, 2016, 06:38:42 PM »

Looks like CMR got completely blindsided by this. Pretty rude of the transition team.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1060 on: December 13, 2016, 06:39:59 PM »

Looks like CMR got completely blindsided by this. Pretty rude of the transition team.

Considering her post in House this was unwise. She also had a reputation for having a long memory
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1061 on: December 13, 2016, 07:10:03 PM »

After Ryan, of course. It would be a dream to have Ryan serve as Speaker until about 2025 and then CMR from like 2025-onwards.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #1062 on: December 13, 2016, 07:38:44 PM »

After Ryan, of course. It would be a dream to have Ryan serve as Speaker until about 2025 and then CMR from like 2025-onwards.

I feel like Ryan is a Boehner 2.0, so I would prefer Ryan out ASAP. He's the kind of Republican who has made losing to Democrats habitual.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1063 on: December 13, 2016, 07:45:58 PM »

I feel like Ryan is a Boehner 2.0, so I would prefer Ryan out ASAP. He's the kind of Republican who has made losing to Democrats habitual.

why?

he has priven this election to be ideologically flexible to a T as long as it helps with winning.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1064 on: December 13, 2016, 08:06:26 PM »

Trump has only appointed 2 women to actual cabinet positions, one of which has been in Washington forever. He needs to appoint women to both agriculture and sec. Vet Affairs if he wants to show the gender proper respect.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #1065 on: December 13, 2016, 08:11:36 PM »

why?

he has priven this election to be ideologically flexible to a T as long as it helps with winning.

Well, I'm tired of his continued support for amnesty, refugee influx, and visas. I opposed Boehner for the same reasons.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1066 on: December 13, 2016, 08:21:16 PM »

Trump has only appointed 2 women to actual cabinet positions, one of which has been in Washington forever. He needs to appoint women to both agriculture and sec. Vet Affairs if he wants to show the gender proper respect.

Also, Carson looks more and more like the token black (and Chao like the token Asian).  Pathetic.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1067 on: December 13, 2016, 10:33:21 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2016, 01:16:07 AM by Runeghost »

Also, Carson looks more and more like the token black (and Chao like the token Asian).  Pathetic.

I'm surprised he bothered with tokenism. I expected a clean sweep of rich old white male serial polygamists.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1068 on: December 13, 2016, 10:40:11 PM »

Yeah because nothing says respect like quotas.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1069 on: December 13, 2016, 11:18:12 PM »

Tbf, most of the women in the republican caucus of House and Senate are batsh[inks] crazy.  Moreso than the men.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1070 on: December 13, 2016, 11:50:23 PM »

lol at the idea of Trump respecting women
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1071 on: December 14, 2016, 12:18:49 AM »

Wouldn't even be talking about the idea of quotas if they didn't insist on keeping it a boys club term after term.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1072 on: December 14, 2016, 12:30:39 AM »

well, obviously, women are just less capable and qualified.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1073 on: December 14, 2016, 01:22:46 AM »

Well actually quotas is exactly what Trump is doing when he appoints one black person and one Asian to his cabinet just so that he can claim his cabinet is diverse.
The problem here is that Trump doesn't have a diverse social and business circle, he comes from a circle where it's ok to say things like "I like beautiful women eating burgers in bikinis.  I think it's very American"*
I'm sorry but that's not my America.

*This is an actual quote by the new secretary of Labor, Andrew Puzder.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1074 on: December 14, 2016, 01:28:16 AM »
« Edited: December 14, 2016, 02:51:48 AM by TN Volunteer »

Whoa, color me surprised. Maybe Tim Fox will give it a try, he'd be a strong candidate as well. Or more likely... Gianforte?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 54  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies