Transition Team/Cabinet Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:06:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Transition Team/Cabinet Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 54
Author Topic: Transition Team/Cabinet Thread  (Read 89994 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: November 23, 2016, 09:17:06 AM »

thanks, morden, i should have more specifically asked for a successful bid of such a candidate (i guess accepting the ambassadorship from obama even harmed his candidacy) but i agree now that it would be possible.

Well there was former UN Ambassador George Herbert Walker Bush in 1988 if you're looking for a successful former ambassador. ^^ 
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #501 on: November 23, 2016, 10:43:25 AM »

Fred Lucas ‏@FredLucasWH  7m7 minutes ago
Trump team says there may be another cabinet level position announced later today.

Katherine FauldersVerified account
‏@KFaulders
.@JasonMillerinDC says they *may* have an additional Cabinet-level announcement later today.

I'm guessing it's Mattis.
JMT

« Reply #502 on: November 23, 2016, 11:25:51 AM »

Kinda stunned by the Haley pick. Not sure why she'd accept. Maybe bolster foreign policy credentials for a future POTUS run? Only thing I can think of

I think this is exactly the reason. Raises her profile both nationally and internationally, and she will gain foreign policy experience and that's helpful when running for president later down the line. Also, she only has two years left as Governor of South Carolina, so she'd probably need a new job soon. So this is a good opportunity for her
JMT

« Reply #503 on: November 23, 2016, 12:38:47 PM »

Trump team says there may be another cabinet level position announced later today.

‏@KFaulders
.@JasonMillerinDC says they *may* have an additional Cabinet-level announcement later today.

Could be Mattis, or maybe Ben Carson for HUD.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #504 on: November 23, 2016, 01:20:26 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2016, 01:22:48 PM by Horsemask »

‏@KFaulders

Just heard on WBZ news out of Boston that it could be Education Secretary, Betsy Devos was apparently offered it. They were also speculating it could be Carson at HUD
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #505 on: November 23, 2016, 01:26:25 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2016, 01:30:15 PM by Victorious Deplorable »

DeVos has been confirmed for Education. The DeVos family has an interesting relationship with my old High School. It was (and still is) a small, fairly inexpensive private Christian school that was a lot more diverse and lot less dogmatic than most South Florida schools. I guess when they built the new gym about ten years ago, the DeVos family caught wind of it somehow and actually donated the money. So the building is named for Richard DeVos. I think he somehow found out about the fundraising drive through his involvement with UCF, and he actually came and visited the school and the students at this time. The DeVos family was sorta sacred in the school's community.

Edit: Apparently there is a major split in the Reform Church in America (learned about it in High School, since forgotten it) that DeVos wants to heal before he dies. I guess that is why he was so interested in my school, since it is associated with a local Dutch Reformed Church in Lake Worth.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #506 on: November 23, 2016, 01:27:33 PM »

thanks, morden, i should have more specifically asked for a successful bid of such a candidate (i guess accepting the ambassadorship from obama even harmed his candidacy) but i agree now that it would be possible.

Well there was former UN Ambassador George Herbert Walker Bush in 1988 if you're looking for a successful former ambassador. ^^ 
Yeah, but he was also a former Congressman, CIA Director, Ambassador to China, and Vice President Tongue
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #507 on: November 23, 2016, 01:28:35 PM »

Doesn't DeVos also run a clean energy investment concern or something?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #508 on: November 23, 2016, 01:30:17 PM »

From Bloomberg: John Allison is being considered Treasury Secretary.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-11-23/ex-bb-t-ceo-allison-said-to-be-in-running-for-top-treasury-job
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #509 on: November 23, 2016, 01:33:48 PM »

She's led 7 overseas trade missions during her time as Governor, IIRC.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #510 on: November 23, 2016, 01:37:05 PM »

Wow almost forgot this... but:

Godspeed, based Bolton!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #511 on: November 23, 2016, 01:44:13 PM »

Ben Carson seems to have all but confirmed that he's taking the job as HUD Secretary:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/carson-signals-hes-likely-to-be-hud-chief/article/2608100

You must be logged in to read this quote.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #512 on: November 23, 2016, 01:48:58 PM »

She's from that Prince family? Yuck.
Horsemask

Political Matrix

« Reply #513 on: November 23, 2016, 01:52:12 PM »

Ironic Trump picked Betsy Voss to run the Education department considering she's for Common Core

On top of that, she runs charter schools that rely on vouchers, is heir to the Amway fortune, and her brother owns Blackwater

Jesus Christ
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #514 on: November 23, 2016, 01:52:40 PM »

Kinda stunned by the Haley pick. Not sure why she'd accept. Maybe bolster foreign policy credentials for a future POTUS run? Only thing I can think of

I think this is exactly the reason. Raises her profile both nationally and internationally, and she will gain foreign policy experience and that's helpful when running for president later down the line. Also, she only has two years left as Governor of South Carolina, so she'd probably need a new job soon. So this is a good opportunity for her

Not only that, but there's nothing for her to run for in 2018. No Senate seat even if she wanted to unseat a fellow Republican.. The 2nd District would require challenging Wilson.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: November 23, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »

It is funny that the same family that donates to small private Christian schools also is involved with freaking Blackwater. Pardon the pun, but Jesus H. Christ!
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #516 on: November 23, 2016, 02:01:46 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/trump-picks-billionaire-betsy-devos-school-voucher-advocate-as-education-secretary/2016/11/23/c3d66b94-af96-11e6-840f-e3ebab6bcdd3_story.html
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #517 on: November 23, 2016, 02:56:19 PM »

Ironic Trump picked Betsy Voss to run the Education department considering she's for Common Core

On top of that, she runs charter schools that rely on vouchers, is heir to the Amway fortune, and her brother owns Blackwater

Jesus Christ

Forgot to mention she's a Creationist....think about it...a creationist is going to run the Education Department

Source on the creationist claim? Don't see it mentioned on any of the articles about this pick.

Either way, I'm opposed to a pro-common core rick santorum supporter as education secretary: http://www.insidephilanthropy.com/home/2016/3/1/school-choice-but-much-more-making-sense-of-devos-family-phi.html

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #518 on: November 23, 2016, 02:58:54 PM »

Jesus Christ

Forgot to mention she's a Creationist....think about it...a creationist is going to run the Education Department

Source on the creationist claim? Don't see it mentioned on any of the articles about this pick.

Either way, I'm opposed to a pro-common core rick santorum supporter as education secretary: http://www.insidephilanthropy.com/home/2016/3/1/school-choice-but-much-more-making-sense-of-devos-family-phi.html

I've read that she's since flipped to opposing common core.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #519 on: November 23, 2016, 03:10:46 PM »

Jesus Christ

Her  husband supported the "teach the controversy" 10 years ago, that's all I could find about it
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #520 on: November 23, 2016, 03:53:23 PM »

German news site SPIEGEL ONLINE called the nomination of Nikki Haley with regards to the whole Trump administration "A Glimmer of Hope".

They also called Michael Flynn the Syria strategist without a Syria strategy.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #521 on: November 23, 2016, 04:14:49 PM »

Ben Carson has accepted his nomination for HUD Secretary.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ben-carson-expects-announcement-on-trump-administration-role-soon-1479922776
Horsemask

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: November 23, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »

Literally a day ago.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #523 on: November 23, 2016, 04:33:05 PM »

German news site SPIEGEL ONLINE called the nomination of Nikki Haley with regards to the whole Trump administration "A Glimmer of Hope".

Refusal to stare doom in the face is making people delusional.

Everyone needs to stop pretending that President-elect Pussygrabber, who has publicly announced his intent to ignore the Constitution, isn't an aspiring autocrat.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #524 on: November 23, 2016, 06:19:10 PM »

Jesus Christ

It's about time.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 54  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies