Transition Team/Cabinet Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:20:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Transition Team/Cabinet Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54
Author Topic: Transition Team/Cabinet Thread  (Read 89446 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: December 18, 2016, 01:04:14 PM »

Promising that Donald Jr. nixed CMR specifically because she supported selling public land.

Agreed. I actually really like the Zinke pick
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1176 on: December 19, 2016, 12:58:31 AM »

With a month to go, there are still a ton of open deputy/subordinate agency positions, plus nearly all the ambassador positions. Speed it up guys.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_appointments_of_Donald_Trump
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1177 on: December 19, 2016, 01:55:22 AM »

Trump's Israel Ambassador pick is a certified nutcase and conspiracy theorist

It's been speculated this pick will piss off Netanyahu because Friedman is to his right and it will make it harder for Bibi to fend off attacks from the Israeli right.

I heard he's against the two state solution. Good. That'll only accelerate a single, unified Palestine where the Palestinians eventually become a demographic majority.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1178 on: December 19, 2016, 02:07:06 AM »

It's been speculated this pick will piss off Netanyahu because Friedman is to his right and it will make it harder for Bibi to fend off attacks from the Israeli right.

I heard he's against the two state solution. Good. That'll only accelerate a single, unified Palestine where the Palestinians eventually become a demographic majority.

Which is specifically desirable why, exactly?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1179 on: December 19, 2016, 04:38:01 AM »

Because the Middle East needs more weak regimes quickly overthrown by an extremist Islamic terrorist organization (see: Gaza). Seriously, so many strong democracies here. We need something refreshing, eh?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1180 on: December 19, 2016, 09:02:50 AM »

Dear lord Beet, where does it end with you?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1181 on: December 19, 2016, 09:41:49 AM »

I'm surprised he hasn't named a Press Secretary yet.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1182 on: December 19, 2016, 12:07:26 PM »

http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2016/12/vincent-viola-army-secretary-trump-232809

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Angel of Death
« Reply #1183 on: December 19, 2016, 12:24:00 PM »

Because the "peace process leading to a two-state solution" has from the onset been a newspeak-facade that actually means stalling for time until Israel gets to have its cake and eat it too by making the settlements a permanent fait accompli, while not taking a demographic hit by "generously" granting the Palestinians their own "state" in the form of isolated bantustans the size of cities.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1184 on: December 19, 2016, 12:27:42 PM »

Because the "peace process leading to a two-state solution" has from the onset been a newspeak-facade that actually means stalling for time until Israel gets to have its cake and eat it too by making the settlements a permanent fait accompli, while not taking a demographic hit by "generously" granting the Palestinians their own "state" in the form of isolated bantustans the size of cities.

(many of) the settlements already are a permanent fait accompli, what's your point?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1185 on: December 19, 2016, 12:41:11 PM »

Reverses the illegal verdict of 1948.
mencken
« Reply #1186 on: December 19, 2016, 12:54:54 PM »

I am not crying any crocodile tears that the Arabs lost when they appealed the international arbitration verdict of 1947 to the High Court of Fisticuffs.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1187 on: December 19, 2016, 12:58:51 PM »

Could Ag. Secretary be Heidi? The article says "Sources told us that Trump has yet to formally offer the freshman lawmaker the agriculture slot but will almost certainly do so at an expected meeting this week." And she just spiked 40 cents on PredictIt for what it's worth.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1188 on: December 19, 2016, 01:48:21 PM »

I am not crying any crocodile tears that the Arabs lost when they appealed the international arbitration verdict of 1947 to the High Court of Fisticuffs.

Hate to say it, but I agree with you.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1189 on: December 20, 2016, 10:27:00 PM »

Jennifer Jacobs ‏@JenniferJJacobs  6h6 hours ago
NEW: Trump is considering Cleveland Clinic CEO Toby Cosgrove and businessman/Vietnam veteran Luis Quinonez for VA secretary post, I'm told.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #1190 on: December 20, 2016, 10:57:58 PM »

NEW: Trump is considering Cleveland Clinic CEO Toby Cosgrove and businessman/Vietnam veteran Luis Quinonez for VA secretary post, I'm told.

Was kind of hoping for Scott Brown, but these make sense at least. There is no requirement for this, but the Secretary of the VA has always been a veteran. If Trump doesn't want a sh*tstorm about that, I'd go with Quinonez.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1191 on: December 20, 2016, 11:30:10 PM »

Where does he keep digging up these hacks?
The CEO of Cleveland Clinic is a hack?
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #1192 on: December 21, 2016, 01:00:24 AM »

WHY IS HE NOT JUST GOING TO KEEP MCDONALD?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1193 on: December 21, 2016, 01:04:17 AM »

WHY IS HE NOT JUST GOING TO KEEP MCDONALD?
Honestly if it wasn't for his connection to the Obama Administration, he'd be a logical Trump choice: Registered Republican and businessman.

I would honestly recommend he keep him, but I always knew he likely wouldn't.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1194 on: December 21, 2016, 01:38:56 AM »

He should just pick Scott Brown. The guy was a great senator, but he's never going to win another term because MA is MA and nobody, not even "PROUDLY INDEPENDENT" NH votes for carpetbaggers. A cabinet post is the next best thing, perhaps better in some ways.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1195 on: December 21, 2016, 01:33:16 PM »

People under consideration for Ambassador positions:

-Lewis M. Eisenberg, RNC finance chairman: Possible choice for Italy.

-Woody Johnson, NY Jets Owner: A leading choice for UK.

-Jon Huntsman Jr.: Under consideration for Japan.

-Michčle A. Flournoy, a top Pentagon official for Obama: Under consideration for NATO ambassador.

-Duke Buchan, major supporter of Jeb Bush: Interested in Spain.

-Joseph Forgione, who was passed over for secretary of housing and development: Has support to become ambassador to the Vatican.

-William E. Simon Jr., an ally of and recommended by Rudolph W. Giuliani, also has support for the Vatican.

-Other people under consideration for various positions include: Peter S. Kalikow (New York developer), Robert Pence (Virginia developer, no relation to Mike Pence), Ronald J. Gidwitz (Jeb Bush supporter), Morris Goldfarb (Former chief executive of the G-III Apparel Group), Gov. James Gilmore (Recommended by Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg), John Jay LaValle (Suffolk County Republican Committee Chair), Georgette Mosbacher (Socialite).

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/21/us/donald-trump-ambassadors.html?_r=1&referer=
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1196 on: December 21, 2016, 02:35:26 PM »

Toby Cosgrove is the absolute best person possible for the VA. He turned down the position once before though, so I doubt he'd accept now.

After looking into him, I have to say I agree.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1197 on: December 22, 2016, 10:55:34 AM »

Kellyanne Conway, unsurprisingly, lands a big West Wing office job.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/22/politics/donald-trump-kellyanne-conway-counselor/
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1198 on: December 22, 2016, 11:54:45 AM »

People under consideration for Ambassador positions:

-Lewis M. Eisenberg, RNC finance chairman: Possible choice for Italy.

-Woody Johnson, NY Jets Owner: A leading choice for UK.

-Jon Huntsman Jr.: Under consideration for Japan.

-Michčle A. Flournoy, a top Pentagon official for Obama: Under consideration for NATO ambassador.

-Duke Buchan, major supporter of Jeb Bush: Interested in Spain.

-Joseph Forgione, who was passed over for secretary of housing and development: Has support to become ambassador to the Vatican.

-William E. Simon Jr., an ally of and recommended by Rudolph W. Giuliani, also has support for the Vatican.

-Other people under consideration for various positions include: Peter S. Kalikow (New York developer), Robert Pence (Virginia developer, no relation to Mike Pence), Ronald J. Gidwitz (Jeb Bush supporter), Morris Goldfarb (Former chief executive of the G-III Apparel Group), Gov. James Gilmore (Recommended by Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg), John Jay LaValle (Suffolk County Republican Committee Chair), Georgette Mosbacher (Socialite).

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/21/us/donald-trump-ambassadors.html?_r=1&referer=

Flournoy would be an outstanding pick for NATO Ambassador. Would be his best pick behind Mattis and Zinke
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1199 on: December 22, 2016, 02:23:39 PM »

Trump names Jason Miller as his Communications Director, and Sean Spicer as his Press Secretary. Also, Hope Hicks has been named Director of Strategic Communications, and Dan Scavino as Director of Social Media. All of these positions are also considered Assistants to the President.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/22/media/sean-spicer-jason-miller-white-house-press-secretary-donald-trump/index.html
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies