Transition Team/Cabinet Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:45:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Transition Team/Cabinet Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Transition Team/Cabinet Thread  (Read 90331 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« on: December 10, 2016, 03:22:44 PM »

Heitkamp is a good woman. She is a centrist. A centrist Democrat. She's just like John Breaux, who almost was in Bush 43's Cabinet, and Republican Judd Gregg, who was almost in Obama's Cabinet. She may see that she may lose reelection in 2018 regardless, but she may want to serve the country.
Heitkamp is a good Senator and would be great at SecAg.
Heitkamp would make a great Secretary of Agriculture. And I'm not saying this because I want Republicans to pick up the seat, she has government experience, a good personality, the ability to work across party lines, and knowledge in that area to serve this great country well. Here, Politico says she tops Trump's list, and she's up to 76 cents on PredictIt, well ahead of Rick Perry, in second at 5 cents.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 10:19:32 PM »

Perry to be tapped Energy Secretary.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 08:35:20 AM »

I wonder who gets sloppy state seconds after Tillerson fails to get confirmed.
If Tillerson doesn't get it, I'm 99% sure Corker gets it.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 03:12:51 PM »

My Speculation: Rep. Cramer of ND gets Agriculture and Rep. Gabbard of Hawaii Veterans.

Haha McConnell would melt down if Trump took two of the NRSC's top recruits into Cabinet

Agriculture is between Cramer and Heitkamp at this Point IMO.
What about Sonny Perdue (though he's been silent lately) or Chuck Conner (he said he didn't want it two days ago, but fellow Indianan Pence really likes him)?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 03:35:59 PM »

Heitkamp staying in the Senate. Sad
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 03:46:04 PM »

Rickroll!
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 05:37:58 PM »

I'm such an idiot for falling for that one. Someone else also on PredictIt posted this fake Anderson Cooper tweet. The fact that Heidi's last name was spelled wrong is a dead giveaway. Not just that, but go to his Twitter account and it isn't even there.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 06:41:01 PM »

I don't really like where this is going...

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com
US Sen Joe Manchin (D-WV) told Chuck Todd he's "miserable" in Senate (not a "DC Democrat" type); & says Tillerson "has the heart of a lion"

Didn't little Marco say the same thing?

He'd be better off leaving and having Jim Justice appoint a real dem to his position
A real Dem would lose to just about anyone except Stupid Alex.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 06:56:20 PM »

I don't really like where this is going...

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com
US Sen Joe Manchin (D-WV) told Chuck Todd he's "miserable" in Senate (not a "DC Democrat" type); & says Tillerson "has the heart of a lion"

Didn't little Marco say the same thing?

He'd be better off leaving and having Jim Justice appoint a real dem to his position
A real Dem would lose to just about anyone except Stupid Alex.

Tomblin would be formidable, I'd have to think?
True, but since his views are a lot like Manchin, I don't think he's a "real Dem" to him.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 06:26:23 PM »

Official: Otter being vetted for Agriculture. The article also states that Heitkamp, Sonny Perdue, Chuck Conner, and Sid Miller are other candidates still believed to be in the running for the job.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 07:18:01 PM »

I imagine Otter would want the pick so that Little can become Gov and block out the Labrador faction
I don't care for Labrador but he seems like the type who would still primary an incumbent. There were rumors he wanted to primary Risch and then Crapo in 2014 and 2016, respectively IIRC.

David Friedman appointed Ambassador to Israel, he's pro-settlements and is to the right of Netanyahu and supports moving the Embassy to Jerusalem.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/15/politics/trump-picks-campaign-adviser-friedman-as-us-ambassador-to-israel/index.html
This counters James Mattis on that issue. Also proves that early reports of Huckabee getting that are false. I still expect Huckabee to get some ambassadorship. Any word on who gets the Ambassadorship to Canada, Mexico, UK, France, Germany, Russia, etc?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 06:42:35 PM »

At this point I'm really itching to know who gets Agriculture. I know it almost certainly won't be Heitkamp, but I still want to know.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 07:34:42 PM »

This is tied with Mattis as his best choice so far.

At this point I'm really itching to know who gets Agriculture. I know it almost certainly won't be Heitkamp, but I still want to know.

Still holding out hope for Huelskamp.
I prefer the other H-kamp but I think it'll be Heineman or Perdue.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 12:58:51 PM »

Could Ag. Secretary be Heidi? The article says "Sources told us that Trump has yet to formally offer the freshman lawmaker the agriculture slot but will almost certainly do so at an expected meeting this week." And she just spiked 40 cents on PredictIt for what it's worth.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 01:04:17 AM »

WHY IS HE NOT JUST GOING TO KEEP MCDONALD?
Honestly if it wasn't for his connection to the Obama Administration, he'd be a logical Trump choice: Registered Republican and businessman.

I would honestly recommend he keep him, but I always knew he likely wouldn't.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies