Transition Team/Cabinet Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:07:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Transition Team/Cabinet Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Transition Team/Cabinet Thread  (Read 90286 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: November 20, 2016, 02:52:29 PM »

MikeHuck to be an ambassador here and move the embassy to Jerusalem will:
1. kill any chance for the US to be a mediator again (if anyone reads hebrew here I wrote a piece in the Haaretz this week explaining why we should embrace this)
2. put this administration in direct collision with France\Germany for sure maybe even the UK
3. boost the EU's desire to take an active role and maybe applying the French programme, so in a way an own goal for the right
Could you give a link for this piece in Haaretz?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 08:10:50 AM »

I heard rumors that Jon Huntsman is a possible contender for Secretary of State.

That would be pretty great!

EDIT: Found the source.

AP: Jon Hunstman Jr. in late running for secretary of state

http://www.sltrib.com/news/4668425-155/ap-jon-hunstman-jr-in-late

That would be... good. Wow. Ironically, it could help clear the way for Senator McMullin as well.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 07:11:54 AM »

Ben Carson is the HUD Secretary. Seems incompetent for this post, and makes me more confident that he'll choose Giuliani for SoS.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 05:57:21 PM »

LOL. Would have to compete with Tim Kaine for the spot if not for Kaine's run for VP.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 05:00:41 AM »

So, a cabinet filled entirely with Billionaires/Millionaires, Generals and random congressmen. Zero professionals or people with governing experience. Great.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 02:31:08 PM »

So, a cabinet filled entirely with Billionaires/Millionaires, Generals and random congressmen. Zero professionals or people with governing experience. Great.

This is the single dumbest post I've read in all my years on Atlas

Why? He has no former Governors or mayors leading departments, and almost no professionals who actually have real experience with their departments.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 05:34:02 PM »

Canada/Europe - please invade before these Putinist piles of garbage get into power.
The anti-Russian hysteria really seems to have gone into overdrive today. You know they're not the Soviet Union anymore (maybe that's the problem for the libs)

But the problem is that they are. Maybe not in ideology, but it can't be denied that Putin is very dangerous and definitely has very high ambitions for his country. This should be treaded carefully- while not igniting a conflict is important, you can't just let him devour American allies and do whatever he desires with independent countries like Ukraine. That's why Trump's picks are worrying.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 05:58:28 PM »

Lindsey Graham and John McCain should just leave and shut the hell up.

...because they don't agree with you?

Be glad he's just "asking" them to leave. Give the Trump cult a few more months, and they may start  talking camps and mass executions, just like their idols.

Hillary may have done that to us,she once said during the Campaign that white men needed to thrown into concentration camps.

Yeah... Sure... She totally said that. Not like her husband, father, son-in-law, grandson and many friends/donors are white males, right?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 01:29:04 PM »

David Friedman appointed Ambassador to Israel, he's pro-settlements and is to the right of Netanyahu and supports moving the Embassy to Jerusalem.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/15/politics/trump-picks-campaign-adviser-friedman-as-us-ambassador-to-israel/index.html

Oh god, no. Another step towards the death of a Jewish, Democratic state. Obama was the only thing stopping the Jewish Home party from demanding the annexation of the West Bank, a horrible move which means that Israel either has to stop being Jewish or stop being a democracy. Never knew I'd be counting so much on a person named 'Mad Dog'.

Right wing jews - am I a nazi? Because apparently I (and 70% of Jews in America) am according to your new ambassador.

Apparently he considers me a nazi, too, since I'm a left-leaning Jew. My holocaust survivor grandmother would've been disgusted by that.

David Friedman appointed Ambassador to Israel, he's pro-settlements and is to the right of Netanyahu and supports moving the Embassy to Jerusalem.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/15/politics/trump-picks-campaign-adviser-friedman-as-us-ambassador-to-israel/index.html
Good God, see this is the only area of Trump's foreign policy that actually has me uneasy. Netanyahu is the most dangerous leader on the world stage unless you count Daesh as a legitimate "state."

Netanyahu is horrible for Israel, but why do you think he's so dangerous? The most dangerous leader by far is Putin, because he already showed that he has high ambitions and poses a real threat to humanity in the form of a possible nuclear war. And I'm not saying it out of partisanship, please don't make it a partisan issue.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 04:38:01 AM »

Trump's Israel Ambassador pick is a certified nutcase and conspiracy theorist

It's been speculated this pick will piss off Netanyahu because Friedman is to his right and it will make it harder for Bibi to fend off attacks from the Israeli right.

I heard he's against the two state solution. Good. That'll only accelerate a single, unified Palestine where the Palestinians eventually become a demographic majority.

Which is specifically desirable why, exactly?

Because the Middle East needs more weak regimes quickly overthrown by an extremist Islamic terrorist organization (see: Gaza). Seriously, so many strong democracies here. We need something refreshing, eh?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies