Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 20, 2017, 12:53:56 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections
| | |-+  2016 Senatorial Election Polls (Moderator: Brittain33)
| | | |-+  NC-Upshot/Siena: Burr +1
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NC-Upshot/Siena: Burr +1  (Read 321 times)
heatcharger
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.80, S: -1.74

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2016, 08:05:24 am »
Ignore

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/08/upshot/trump-and-clinton-tied-in-final-upshot-poll-of-north-carolina.html?referer=https://t.co/b6K2oygAcz

Burr 46%
Ross 45%
President François de la Rocque
windjammer
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 08:11:32 am »
Ignore

I really believe she's going to pull it out, on the three races MO/NC/IN I think she's the most likely.

Flo   it seems like everytime i talk to you i have some sort of illness
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US state senates
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US State Houses
Figueira
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 08:33:20 am »
Ignore

Only underperforming Clinton by 1 point? Yeah, Ross can pull this off if there's a slight polling error in her direction.

Note: I am not actually British.

DavidB.
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: 3.57

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 09:11:00 am »
Ignore

Only underperforming Clinton by 1 point? Yeah, Ross can pull this off if there's a slight polling error in her direction.
If it's 44/44 in the presidential race and 46/45 for Burr in the senate race it technically means she is already overperforming Hillary; Burr is just overperforming Trump by more. But yes, Hillary will eventually win NC and that gives Ross the edge.

Fmr President Blair
Blair2015
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 09:34:23 am »
Ignore

I read that dems are stating to fear for this race- I wonder whether someone like Foxx or Kagan would have done better or whether Ross benefits from literally being a generic D

DavidB.
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: 3.57

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 09:40:00 am »
Ignore

I read that dems are stating to fear for this race- I wonder whether someone like Foxx or Kagan would have done better or whether Ross benefits from literally being a generic D
Ross is not "literally a generic D." She clearly has quite a left-wing profile. She's no McGinty, CCM or Murphy, and the GOP have consistently referred to her as "radical Ross" in attack ads. She could be the next Elizabeth Warren and I doubt a more moderate candidate would have done better than she does, so I think that from a progressive, Democratic perspective it was the right choice to have her as candidate. I still think she will win ftr.

Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 10:20:51 am »
Ignore

Kagan was a Generic D when she first ran in 2008, but would be a strong candidate as she has built a high profile. Foxx would have been a strong recruit, but he would not run against Burr as he was instrumental in getting him appointed Secretary of Transportation.

I've been trying to tell you guys. Clinton's win is going to be massive. Imagine Obama's numbers with minorities, four more years of minority population growth, and Clinton out-performing him by >5% with white voters. No state will be safe.

#NeverNeverNeverSherrodBrown
President Schmuck
xingkerui
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 12:32:13 pm »
Ignore

This race is the toughest one for me to predict. I'm guessing that if Clinton wins NC by <1% or loses it, Burr wins. If she wins by 1-3%, it could go either way. If she wins by more than 3%, Ross wins. Pure Toss-Up.

Hello, Darkness, my old friend.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout