Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2017, 12:58:53 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2016 Senatorial Election Polls (Moderator: Brittain33)
| | |-+  UT: YouGov: Lee +46
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: UT: YouGov: Lee +46  (Read 625 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2016, 06:00:59 pm »
Ignore

New Poll: Utah Senator by YouGov on 2016-11-05

Summary: D: 23%, R: 69%, I: 0%, U: 8%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Even if you don't agree with the women stuff, it's really hard to argue that NH is still a competitive swing state. And after 2016 (when Kelly Ayotte and Donald Trump lose the state, despite a very close presidential race and Republicans holding the Senate), this will become clear to you as well, Kingpoleon.

Castro
Castro2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 06:42:18 pm »
Ignore

Damn I really thought we had a shot here.
Representative Carpetbagger
CELTICEMPIRE
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 07:04:09 pm »
Ignore

Lol @ Democrats thinking that Trump's poor showing in Utah means that they can nominate hardcore leftists for Senate and win!

Do what is right because it is right; and leave it alone.

-Chiune Sugihara
Senator Scott
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 07:07:14 pm »
Ignore

Lol @ Democrats thinking that Trump's poor showing in Utah means that they can nominate hardcore leftists for Senate and win!

Utah Democrats are very liberal.  And if you think nominating a Jim Matheson-esque leftist without DSCC backing would make any much of a difference, you're delusional.

Americans have been screwed over royally by folks with good manners and clean language.
okie dokie lemon magokey his name is rolley pokey and he floaties in the motesies but his gokie is in the nokie
heatcharger
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 07:07:21 pm »
Ignore

This doesn't even make any sense. You're making a strawman out of air right now, because nobody ever thought Snow would win.

2017 Endorsements:

French President: Emmanuel Macron
VA-Gov: Ralph Northam
VA-Lt. Gov: Justin Fairfax
VA-AG: Mark Herring
Senator PiT, PPT
PiT (The Physicist)
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 07:17:35 pm »
Ignore

This doesn't even make any sense. You're making a strawman out of air right now, because nobody ever thought Snow would win.

It probably would have been a good idea to nominate someone vaguely electable in Utah, in case Mike Lee pulled a George Allen and committed a catastrophic gaffe.

Castro
Castro2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 07:19:26 pm »
Ignore

I would just like to point out that my comment was a joke.
Representative Carpetbagger
CELTICEMPIRE
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 07:23:12 pm »
Ignore

I would just like to point out that my comment was a joke.

My apologies, it's just hard sometimes to tell if something is sarcasm on the internet.

Do what is right because it is right; and leave it alone.

-Chiune Sugihara
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: -6.26

P P

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 07:29:44 pm »
Ignore

I managed to confuse the last names of the two candidates (so I somehow ended up thinking first transgender candidate Misty Lee was running against Senator Mike Snow Tongue) and did a massive double-take when I saw the thread title and thought the sacrificial lamb was winning. Definitely in need of more sleep than I'm getting rn
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 10:13:29 pm by Brittain33 »Logged

I will NOT be accepting any result other than a victory for America's next President, Governor Gary Earl Johnson Angry
DavidB.
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: 5.30

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 07:59:06 pm »
Ignore

Will Lee actually win by >70%?

Didn't know Snow was trans before reading this thread btw. You learn something new every day. I don't share her politics, but it takes quite some inner strength for a trans woman to run for Senate in Utah. Respect.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:32:09 pm by DavidB. »Logged
Brittain33
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 10:16:45 pm »

Transphobic comments will not be tolerated. Let's stick to politics.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 10:44:28 pm »
Ignore

Utah Democrats are very liberal.  And if you think nominating a Jim Matheson-esque leftist without DSCC backing would make any much of a difference, you're delusional.
We actually tried a moderate the first time against Lee, and also a moderate against Hatch in 2012. And a civil libertarian type in 2006. None of them made a bit of different, and none of them even cracked 40%. It really doesn't matter who we nominate at this point, unless its Jim Matheson himself, with a lot of support.

Will Lee actually win by >70%?

Didn't know Snow was trans before reading this thread btw. You learn something new every day. I don't share her politics, but it takes quite some inner strength for a trans woman to run for Senate in Utah. Respect.
She has also worked at a grocery store for 13 years as a cashier. The same store her mother also works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout