Slate/Votecastr real time election projections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:27:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Slate/Votecastr real time election projections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Author Topic: Slate/Votecastr real time election projections  (Read 23250 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: November 08, 2016, 03:17:35 PM »

And the bad news for Trump keeps coming:

Update: 3:06 p.m.: The state maps previously displayed on this page represented only Election Day data but not early vote estimates. They have been removed and will be reposted when they are updated.

You freaking mean they just allotted the damn early vote based on today's vote.  God damn they are amateur hour.
Thought it was a bit wacky.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2016, 03:18:38 PM »

Boo no more maps.
fairfaxgator
« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2016, 03:20:23 PM »

Hello All!

My first post. Great forum!

Here in Fairfax County only took about 10 min for me to vote at my polling place.

Saw more people take the DEM ballot that the PUB one but then again it's FFX County.

Thanks.

FFX Gator.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #328 on: November 08, 2016, 03:20:28 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2016, 03:22:06 PM by Tintrlvr »

It appears the Slate site updated FL total votes now... with Clinton just under 90k votes away from Obama's total in 2012. Trump still 270k away from Romney total.

If this model is correct, the polls were very wrong in FL.

For what it's worth, I've been tracking Hillsborough County's votes by registration all day. Early on, today's votes were 34.2% Democrats, 39.4% Republicans. Currently they're 34.7% Democrats, 37.9% Republicans. Basically, the Republicans have led by about 3,500 votes all day. Add today's votes on top of the early votes and Democrats currently still have a greater than 25,000 vote advantage in Hillsborough County.

Agree with this basically.

The Republicans actually led by a bit more than -4,000 (D minus R) at noon (and had been making steady gains over the course of the morning). Around noon, the Democrats started regaining some ground and had the Republicans down to about -3,550 by 1pm with the lunchtime vote. The Republicans have been slowly inching up since then, now at about -3,650. That all matches with what we should expect: Republicans do well with morning voters and off-hours voters (both being heavy on retirees) and the Democrats do well at peak times around lunch and (especially) in the evening. I expect the Democrats will start gaining ground around 5pm and take the lead before polls close, though hard to say exactly where they will end up. I'd hazard a guess at somewhere between +5,000 and +10,000 for on-the-day voters.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #329 on: November 08, 2016, 03:20:33 PM »

Update: 3:06 p.m.: The state maps previously displayed on this page represented only Election Day data but not early vote estimates. They have been removed and will be reposted when they are updated.

Why it is a bad news? It is good, if the polls were right.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #330 on: November 08, 2016, 03:21:39 PM »

Why it is a bad news?

Because the election day vote will be much more conservative than the early votes.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #331 on: November 08, 2016, 03:21:57 PM »

You freaking mean they just allotted the damn early vote based on today's vote.  God damn they are amateur hour.

Actually, they did have maps based just on early vote earlier today (Wisconsin/Iowa/Ohio were much more blue, FL about the same) and then those maps turned quite a bit more Trump friendly. I think they are saying they forgot to merge the data from Map 1 into Map 2, and that Map 2 was just ED vote. I think.

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #332 on: November 08, 2016, 03:22:37 PM »

Well a lot of Republicans vote after 5 or 6 when they come home from work. But also young people vote later in the day. So hard to say what's going on (even assuming this isn't junk).

Is there any data about voters pattern i.e. what time od day R vs D usually vote?
SirMuxALot

« Reply #333 on: November 08, 2016, 03:23:11 PM »

Saw more people take the DEM ballot that the PUB one but then again it's FFX County.

This confuses me.  There's separate party ballots for a general election?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #334 on: November 08, 2016, 03:23:40 PM »

What is up with Menominee County WI
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #335 on: November 08, 2016, 03:24:49 PM »

lol Hillary has surpassed Obama's raw 2012 Florida total in this thing already
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #336 on: November 08, 2016, 03:24:52 PM »

Hello All!

Here in Fairfax County only took about 10 min for me to vote at my polling place.

Thanks.

FFX Gator.
they're letting alligators vote? RIGGED!
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #337 on: November 08, 2016, 03:25:36 PM »

Actually, they did have maps based just on early vote earlier today (Wisconsin/Iowa/Ohio were much more blue, FL about the same) and then those maps turned quite a bit more Trump friendly. I think they are saying they forgot to merge the data from Map 1 into Map 2, and that Map 2 was just ED vote. I think.

That's the way I see it too. Their biggest problem seems to be integrating the actual data model with the multi-platform displays.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #338 on: November 08, 2016, 03:25:55 PM »

I'm approaching this with caution but wow Trump looks really low-energy in the WOW areas of Wisconsin.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #339 on: November 08, 2016, 03:25:59 PM »

Modeling...
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #340 on: November 08, 2016, 03:26:49 PM »

Hello All!

Thanks.

FFX Gator.
they're letting alligators vote? RIGGED!

Meanwhile the crocodiles, predominantly Republican, were rejected. It's a rigged system folks.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #341 on: November 08, 2016, 03:27:01 PM »

Because the election day vote will be much more conservative than the early votes.

Yeah. So why is this bad?

Because they were modeling the early vote to look like the election day vote. Come on, seriously, you can be this dense.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #342 on: November 08, 2016, 03:28:21 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2016, 03:33:39 PM by Tintrlvr »

Well a lot of Republicans vote after 5 or 6 when they come home from work. But also young people vote later in the day. So hard to say what's going on (even assuming this isn't junk).

Is there any data about voters pattern i.e. what time od day R vs D usually vote?

Lief is trolling. It's the other way around. The Democrats do best with late-in-the-day voters, Republicans do best with midday and morning voters. This is because Republicans do better with retirees (who can vote at any time of day and far outnumber students) and because Democrats do best with low-income minority voters, who tend to have fixed and inflexible shifts so usually vote after work. Historically it was also because working Republican voters tended to have more white collar jobs so were more able to get away from work to vote midday, though that may be less true this time around. Obviously there are exceptions in certain areas based on demographics, but this is the overall pattern. The effect is not huge but it is noticeable.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #343 on: November 08, 2016, 03:29:01 PM »

Yeah. So why is this bad?

Because they were modeling the early vote to look like the election day vote. Come on, seriously, you can be this dense.
Sorry, misread it. I thought they had only EV on maps, not ED Embarrassed

But the numbers are still right?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #344 on: November 08, 2016, 03:30:05 PM »

Now a full 60,000 ahead of Obama. Trump about 100,000 behind Romney.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #345 on: November 08, 2016, 03:30:26 PM »

Exactly, and this explains why the IA numbers at the top of the page (which have Clinton ahead) didn't match the map on the bottom (which had Trump leading).
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #346 on: November 08, 2016, 03:30:53 PM »

Lief is trolling. It's the other way around. The Democrats do best with late-in-the-day voters, Republicans do best with midday and morning voters. Obviously there are exceptions in certain areas based on demographics, but this is the overall pattern. The effect is not huge but it is noticeable.

Haha, ok. I didn't know. It is so strange that you in USA vote on workday Huh
Sigh144
Rookie
« Reply #347 on: November 08, 2016, 03:31:35 PM »

IF you go to that url soneone earlier was saying to go to which takes you directly to the state map the numbers have moved towards trump a bit.

Not sure if it means anything since they said they were working on changing the models.

Scary day!!

Im terrified that this diseased animal may win.

http://votecastr.us/widgets/#/states/CO/

Just change the State appreviations
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #348 on: November 08, 2016, 03:32:39 PM »

Lief is trolling. It's the other way around. The Democrats do best with late-in-the-day voters, Republicans do best with midday and morning voters. Obviously there are exceptions in certain areas based on demographics, but this is the overall pattern. The effect is not huge but it is noticeable.

Haha, ok. I didn't know. It is so strange that you in USA vote on workday Huh

Agreed. It's particularly egregious in states that close polls as early as 7pm so that some people simply can't get to the polls after work.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #349 on: November 08, 2016, 03:33:25 PM »

Now a full 60,000 ahead of Obama. Trump about 100,000 behind Romney.

Damn.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies