turnout reports, voting problems, and last minute dirty tricks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:08:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  turnout reports, voting problems, and last minute dirty tricks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: turnout reports, voting problems, and last minute dirty tricks  (Read 18400 times)
Bismarck
Chancellor

« on: November 08, 2016, 08:50:40 AM »

I'm hearing that turnout is huge in the donut counties. Good news for Trump-Young-Holcomb.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 09:10:30 AM »

The ordeal surrounding voting in the US always sounds so bizarre. I never had to wait in line or even spend more than a few minutes to bother about voting.

Though I guess inner city area and not being the victim of voter suppression goes a long way towards that.

Yeah, it is what happens when elections are run on the cheap. In Mexico they open nearly 150,000 polling stations, and no station can have more than 750 registered voters. I have never had to walk more than 3 or 4 blocks to a station, and the longest I once waited was about 15 or 20 min: usually you show up, vote your 6 ballots and are out in 15 in total. But it is a huge logistical exercise, and costs a pretty penny.

Roughly the same like here and in Sweden.

Austria for example has 11.000 precincts for 6.4 million voters. That's 580 voters per precinct, but 15% vote with postal ballots, so it's closer to 500 per precinct.

In the US, it seems there are about 5.000 voters per precinct ...

In Indiana it generally is 200-1500. Lines usually happen just because 6-8 is when the vast majority of people vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies