Moderator's note: Nov. 8, 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:16:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Moderator's note: Nov. 8, 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moderator's note: Nov. 8, 2016  (Read 923 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2016, 10:48:18 AM »

Hi all. A note on how to discuss differences of opinion on gender identity on boards I moderate:

Debates on gender identity and understanding of transgenderism are acceptable when relevant to an issue of state or federal policy, such as HB2 in North Carolina, and I will moderate very lightly in support of free debate.

These debates are not acceptable on discussions of individuals who may be transgender who are running for state and federal office, and posts that display a lack of respect for an individual's identity and dignity and follow-up conversations will be moderated appropriately.

Thank you.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 08:52:26 PM »

Thanks for this, and I hope it also applies to attacks on forum posters who are transgender.
swf541

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 04:08:32 PM »

Thanks for this, and I hope it also applies to attacks on forum posters who are transgender.
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 08:32:31 PM »

Ok, you call the shots.  What prompts you to make this warning and has this even been a problem?

I realize that by participating in this Forum, I give up some of my freedom of expression, but why the firm ruling on discussing whether a candidate might be transgender or not.  For example, why not a rule on who might actually be a closet Lutheran and not Greek Orthodox? 
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 10:12:25 PM »

Ok, you call the shots.  What prompts you to make this warning and has this even been a problem?

I realize that by participating in this Forum, I give up some of my freedom of expression, but why the firm ruling on discussing whether a candidate might be transgender or not.  For example, why not a rule on who might actually be a closet Lutheran and not Greek Orthodox? 

Brittain was not happy with what I said concerning a candidate for Senate from Utah.  I disagreed with his deleting my post, so I messaged him asking for a more clear explanation of what I can and cannot say.  I disagree with the current policy, but at least we are able to discuss bills and policy still.
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 11:12:50 PM »

Brittain was not happy with what I said concerning a candidate for Senate from Utah.  I disagreed with his deleting my post, so I messaged him asking for a more clear explanation of what I can and cannot say.  I disagree with the current policy, but at least we are able to discuss bills and policy still.
Thanks for this insight, Extreme.  I would not be happy if I had a post deleted at the whim of the Moderator, but considering what they are paid, they deserve some slack.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 02:06:56 PM »

ExtremeRepublican made some bigoted comments against a candidate who is openly trans.

Anyway, since I made that post I've realized that it would be better if the forum banned bigoted comments regarding bathroom use as well.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 04:48:21 PM »

ExtremeRepublican made some bigoted comments against a candidate who is openly trans.

Anyway, since I made that post I've realized that it would be better if the forum banned bigoted comments regarding bathroom use as well.

So, you would ban support of HB2, for instance?  This, y'all, is what the intolerant alt-left SJW parade looks like.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 03:41:47 AM »

So, you would ban support of HB2, for instance?  This, y'all, is what the intolerant alt-left SJW parade looks like.

Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies