2016 Senate and U.S House Election Results OFFICIAL THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:46:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2016 Senate and U.S House Election Results OFFICIAL THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2016 Senate and U.S House Election Results OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 2321 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:26:20 PM »
« edited: November 08, 2016, 02:28:09 PM by Brittain33 »

Let's go!
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 05:54:44 PM »

Thank you, Brittain!

I am worrying about FL-Sen given the Votecastr turnout tracker figures. Happy for HRC that she's doing so well, but she's going to win anyway. Of course we don't even know if these figures are right and of course many Hispanics will vote Clinton/Rubio, but I'm not comfortable and won't be until that race is called. I hope I'm not proven right about my relunctance in ever calling this race tilt or lean R.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 06:09:48 PM »

Wow Jim Gray leads Paul in Bath County!
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 06:50:04 PM »

For now Bayh is running more than 7 pts ahead of Clinton, but still way behind Young. Having no knowledge about internal Indiana geography, I wouldn't jump to conclusions though.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 07:07:09 PM »

Tim Scott (R-SC)
Rand Paul (R-KY)
Pat Leahy (D-VT)

projected to win. 37D, 32R so far.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 07:15:17 PM »

Todd Young leading by 6 in the exit poll.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 07:19:49 PM »

The vibe I'm getting from this is that quite a number of somewhat conservative women turned out to vote against Trump in the presidential race, which could in return boost GOP candidates down ballot.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 02:25:31 AM »

Looks like we're heading for a recount in NH, ATM.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 02:30:54 AM »

My accolades are in order, I believe.

I do admit that I got Feingold wrong though, certainly didn't expect him, Ross, and Kander to come out about the same.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 04:10:31 AM »

Johnson winning makes me sick to my stomach. Nice to see how close Kander kept it, he was the highest vote-getter for Democrats in Missouri. NH is going to be tight.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 04:14:30 AM »

If any Senate candidate had the potential to over-preform Clinton it was Feingold. His loss is a big deal and a cause for great sadness.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 04:55:44 AM »

John Mica, Scott Garrett and some other long term Republicans lost.

Meanwhile Will Hurd and Carlos Curbelo survived. Not what I was expecting.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 04:58:18 AM »

I have mixed feelings about a trump win but watching bayh, Feingold, and Murphy go down in flames made my night
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 05:09:53 AM »

Curbelo winning by double-digits while Ros-Lehtinen was held to a narrow triumph is...not what was expected.

There's a lot to be said on this topic. Outside CA, it looks like the only uncalled House race is NE-2, where historically after the 70% marker is passed things don't shift a lot, so I'd assume Bacon wins. In CA, typically the necessary marker for Republicans to cross on E-Day is 52; if they get over 52, they can usually withstand the flow of post-E-Day votes, while Republicans under it usually don't. This points to a likely final result of no change for Republicans in CA, even though Denham and Issa would end up winning by less than a point.

Denham and Issa could still both lose if the flow is heavier than usual. I have no idea why the election hasn't been called for Knight in CA-25 yet.

One last intraparty race to be called -- in a massive upset, Nanette Barragan is leading Isadore Hall, in a majority-Hispanic-population, historically-majority-African-American-electorate district. I'd assume Barragan's voters to be lower-propensity Hispanics, so that her margin increases after E-Day.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 05:10:49 AM »

As for NH-Sen, the very liberal college town of Keene is still out. It should be enough to flip the presidential race in NH to Clinton. Whether it can quite get Hassan over Ayotte remains to be seen, but this one should end up very, very close. Could be shades of 1974.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 07:21:01 PM »

Ron Johnson!!!!!!1!!1!1!1!1!1!!1!1!1i knew he was gaining and had momentum and somwhat expected it but still it made my night.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 10:23:51 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2016, 07:40:58 AM by Torie »

Well my original seat by seat prediction a month ago proved spot on - in the number of seats. When I made my final prediction of 8-12 Dem pickups, that was simply an odds thing ala Nate Silver, since there were so many more marginal Pub seats. The problem though is that I picked some wrong seats, NJ-05 (which I would have put in the lose column by my last prediction but not in the first 6 seat one, along with NV-03 (which I also thought would go down when there was that gush of Hispanics in the early voting(, and then the mild surprise, FL-07. On the other hand, TX-23 and NB-02 went the other way in mild surprises, along with MN-02 (more of a surprise, as Trump performed way beyond expectations in the southern MN suburbs perhaps). I see Walz in MN-01 where Trump cleaned up, won by only a point. That would have been a huge upset if he had gone down.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 11:47:22 PM »

I see Walz in MN-01 where Trump cleaned up, won by only a point. That would have been a huge upset if he had gone down.

All three of the rural MN Democrats held on narrowly despite Trump winning each of their CDs by >15%.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 02:54:03 AM »

In the other thread as well:

2016 House Elections

Yellow= Too close to call

Grey= Runoff
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 03:30:30 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2016, 03:33:38 AM by publicunofficial »

Ashford's loss is a huge bummer. Dude seemed like a model Congressman.

The loser incumbents:

Garrett - Gottheimer ran an amazing campaign, Trump didn't appear to help Republicans here.
Mica - Never seemed to realize he was facing a competitive race. Got caught sleeping. Credit to Murphy as well.
Hardy - Nevada was the lone bright spot for Democrats. Hispanic turnout in Clark was everything they were hoping for. Hardy was also somewhat of a fluke in 2014.
Dold - Trump helped a lot of incumbents. Dold wasn't one of them. Kirk being blown out didn't help either.
Ashford - Ran against someone not named Lee Terry. Try again in 2018 Brad!
Guinta - Corrupt. Hopefully he stays done this time.
Jolly - Was doomed the moment St. Petersburg was added to FL-13.

I'm assuming Bera and Issa hold on.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 10:33:38 AM »

Well my original seat by seat prediction a month ago proved spot on - in the number of seats. When I made my final prediction of 8-12 Dem pickups, that was simply an odds thing ala Nate Silver, since there were so many more marginal Pub seats. The problem though is that I picked some wrong seats, NJ-05 (which I would have put in the lose column by my last prediction but not in the first 6 seat one, along with NV (which I also thought would go down when there was that gush of Hispanics in the early voting(, and then the mild surprise, FL-07. On the other hand, TX-23 and NB-02 went the other way in mild surprises, along with MN-02 (more of a surprise, as Trump performed way beyond expectations in the southern MN suburbs perhaps). I see Walz in MN-01 where Trump cleaned up, won by only a point. That would have been a huge upset if he had gone down.

The weirdest thing about TX-23 is that my calculations show that Clinton won the district 49%-46% even as Hurd was winning. 
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 08:06:02 PM »

Ashford's loss is a huge bummer. Dude seemed like a model Congressman.

The loser incumbents:

Garrett - Gottheimer ran an amazing campaign, Trump didn't appear to help Republicans here.
Mica - Never seemed to realize he was facing a competitive race. Got caught sleeping. Credit to Murphy as well.
Hardy - Nevada was the lone bright spot for Democrats. Hispanic turnout in Clark was everything they were hoping for. Hardy was also somewhat of a fluke in 2014.
Dold - Trump helped a lot of incumbents. Dold wasn't one of them. Kirk being blown out didn't help either.
Ashford - Ran against someone not named Lee Terry. Try again in 2018 Brad!
Guinta - Corrupt. Hopefully he stays done this time.
Jolly - Was doomed the moment St. Petersburg was added to FL-13.

I'm assuming Bera and Issa hold on.

IIRC, Mica's district was made more Dem in redistricting. The others are mainly freshmen (though Dold and Guinta had served a non-consecutive term). That leaves Scott Garrett - far-right representing a center-right NJ suburban district. Apparently he objected to money going to gay Republicans.

Assuming Bera and Issa hold on, and Repubs win the run-offs and LA-3 and LA-4, this is a 6 seat gain for the Dems in the House.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 05:06:46 PM »

The current size of the New Republican House Majority is 239*-193. The following races are uncalled per CNN:

CA-07, where Bera (D) leads by just under 2600 votes.
CA-49, where Issa (R) leads by just over 4100 votes.
LA-04, where a runoff between Jones (D) and Johnson (R) will happen next month.

*LA-03 is also going to a runoff, but both of the candidates in the runoff are republicans.

Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 02:48:58 PM »

The current size of the New Republican House Majority is 239*-193. The following races are uncalled per CNN:

*LA-03 is also going to a runoff, but both of the candidates in the runoff are republicans.

It is taking a while for the late vote to come in, in cal it seems
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 08:24:42 PM »

It is taking a while for the late vote to come in, in cal it seems

I believe any vote that arrives via mail by tomorrow (Monday) can be included in the count, as long as it was postmarked on election day or earlier. Plus they do not count anything during weekends. And obviously Thanksgiving slows things down as well. So final numbers may not come out until early December in certain races.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies