2016 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:42:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  2016 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17
Author Topic: 2016 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls **live commentary thread**  (Read 24001 times)
Donnie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: November 09, 2016, 03:09:59 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #376 on: November 09, 2016, 03:12:41 AM »

So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause

THIS IS THE END OF THE CLINTON'S, I believed in Hillary...and she let us down.
Hollywood
« Reply #377 on: November 09, 2016, 03:20:08 AM »

Flawless analysis, which I was ridiculed for:

Trump should carry WI without much trouble. He led there after the tax return and first debate. MI is a pure toss up, but the large number of undecideds favor Trump. I have NM going to Trump because it's Johnson's home state, but if he collapses there as he has nationwide Hillary could still have a chance.

This scenario was always something I thought would happen, but my confidence had been shaken by all the polling data and conversation on the forum.  I think the demise of the white voter has been greatly exaggerated.  Trump has found the blue print for Republicans.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #378 on: November 09, 2016, 03:59:30 AM »

I hate to be the 'I told you so' guy, I said over and over again on this forum over how bad of a candidate she was and IceSpear and others would hear none of it.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #379 on: November 09, 2016, 04:06:55 AM »

I hate to be the 'I told you so' guy, I said over and over again on this forum over how bad of a candidate she was and IceSpear and others would hear none of it.

This election result should put an end to that.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #380 on: November 09, 2016, 04:22:16 AM »

WI/MI/PA/ME all look salvageable in the near future Trump only winning plurality there. OH/IA may swing back back after 4 years of Trump. FL will always be close.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #381 on: November 09, 2016, 04:37:47 AM »

Haha, hating IceSpear ahahahaha. Fraud Nate Silver hahahahahha
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #382 on: November 09, 2016, 04:45:08 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS PRESIDENT PUTIN P. PUSSYGRABBER

I fixed it for you. It would be discourteous to the President-elect to use a form of address other than the one he has demonstrated he deems appropriate for politicians of his stature.
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #383 on: November 09, 2016, 05:33:28 AM »

Congrats to states poll for being the most accurate account to cover this election somehow
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #384 on: November 09, 2016, 05:44:57 AM »

So... who will win NH? I kinda hope it will be Trump now Tongue

Keene is totally out of the AP tally.  If DDHQ is correct, Clinton should net about 4,100 votes in Keene.  That's probably - but not necessarily - enough for her to win.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #385 on: November 09, 2016, 06:07:20 AM »

The worst thing about this is that Tender will have been right all along. Tongue

I'll admit, I thought Clinton would carry it and carry it rather comfortably. But this really shows that there is an international trend for nationalism and that if politicians and the media act like arrogant snobs, ignoring and talking down to rural areas, and buying into devise identity politics and SJW policies they will be punished by an electorate that feels talked down to and ignored.

The worst part about this is, Clinton actually did have plans for restoring the economy of rural America. But she didn't talk the culture-wars talk Roll Eyes
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #386 on: November 09, 2016, 06:37:09 AM »

Who knew that Ohio would vote to the right of Texas?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #387 on: November 09, 2016, 07:00:29 AM »

ahahahaha!  Are you kidding?!

I got up a little early, took a shower, started cooking the boy's eggs, and decided to have a little look at the WaPo on line to see what happened, and the headline is TRUMP TRIUMPHS!  "No shit?!" thought I.  Then I looked at some other sources, and sure enough, The Donald has been elected President of these here United States of America.

Well, we all knew it was going to be a good news/bad news day.  Either way, one of those two sleazy individuals were going to win.  But Trump?  Stock markets will crash, planes will fall out of the sky, and there will be nuclear holocaust.  Ah, well, we get what we deserve.  

The silver lining, of course, is that all those snarky, overconfident, holier-than-thou Clinton posters will enjoy a well-deserved mouth full of footstank.  I hate to say it, but it just might be worth four years of The Donald just for that alone.

Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #388 on: November 09, 2016, 07:16:02 AM »

Well, the election is over. I'm shocked and surprised by the result but this is it. Congratulations to all the Trump supporters who worked hard for this and never lost faith. Although i dislike deeply many things that Trump said and made during this campaign, i hope and pray that he will serve the people of the United States proudly as all his predecessors.

For Hillary Clinton, she made history and she and her supporters should be proud. Although she lost, this will not be the last time a women will seek the White House.

The people of America has spoken clearly and now it's time to move on.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #389 on: November 09, 2016, 07:52:00 PM »

Who knew that Ohio would vote to the right of Texas?

I suspected that might be the case for awhile, but shifted my predictions when polling numbers started to tighten in Ohio, and Texas started to move out of reach.

Still proud of Harris (+12.4% Clinton) and Fort Bend (+6.7% Clinton) Counties for building the foundation of a new competitive Texas in 2020. Although, I faced some heat on the forum for claiming that Harris would be +10-15% (D) this cycle and Fort Bend would flip (Look at the Asian-American TX exit poll numbers), I take no joy, and college educated Anglos appears to be the critical element in the Trump TX electoral coalition that brought Montgomery County (Suburban Houston) as well as Collins and Denton (DFW) and Williamson (Austin area) back into the 7-9% Republican fold, as opposed to a 3-4% Republican win with the Texas endgame.

Am still disappointed in my former home-state of Ohio, especially the collapse of the New Deal Democratic coalition in the Mahoning Valley, that fought and died to bring the Union into the Steel Mills, Rubber Plants, and Industrial Unionism to the region in the 1930s, that bought into the concept that Trump will somehow miraculously be able to bring decent manufacturing jobs back, where so many other Presidents have tried and failed. Sad
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #390 on: November 09, 2016, 08:53:03 PM »

so... IBD is the gold standard now? They were the closest to catching the margin.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #391 on: November 09, 2016, 09:00:03 PM »

so... IBD is the gold standard now? They were the closest to catching the margin.

For trackers and national vote? Probably. As for State votes, Trafalgar was the closest as far as state polls in the final weeks. 
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #392 on: November 09, 2016, 09:08:08 PM »

The worst part about this is, Clinton actually did have plans for restoring the economy of rural America. But she didn't talk the culture-wars talk Roll Eyes

as we know by now....

- republicans gained 10 points with union voters since 2012

- 25% of those who wished for more LIBERAL policies than obama's voted trump

- clinton lost most in counties with falling unemployment since 2012

these data points and a dozen others, which point in the same direction, make my sympathy run narrow.

people are going to get what they wished for....which means either nothing or a trade war which hurts them the most.

but i guess, this...like the national right-to-work law, which is going to make their wages and working conditions far worse....is going to be the chinese's fault after all. Smiley
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #393 on: November 09, 2016, 10:15:49 PM »

Only 16 pages?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #394 on: November 09, 2016, 10:40:01 PM »

The amazing to me, is that Trump will end up losing the popular vote by about 2 points or close to it, and Trump won the closest state he really needed Florida by about a point (the tipping point state), so Trump could have lost by close to 3 points and still won, if the FL swing was equal to the nation. So there is now a formidable Pub "Freewill," much stronger than the Dem one was, sort of like the Trump wall will be like on the border (haha). That will remain true for well, perhaps until the votes are counted in 2020! Freiwalls are mostly there for chat purposes, just to assuage the ennui.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #395 on: November 09, 2016, 10:54:50 PM »

Hah because Atlas died right as results started coming in and was out until this evening. It was for the best I think.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #396 on: November 09, 2016, 11:08:10 PM »

Trump's victory broke Atlas lol.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #397 on: November 09, 2016, 11:14:26 PM »

The amazing to me, is that Trump will end up losing the popular vote by about 2 points or close to it, and Trump won the closest state he really needed Florida by about a point (the tipping point state),

I thought the tipping point state was PA, not FL.  If Clinton had won PA, MI, and WI, she'd win.  All three were closer than FL, no?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #398 on: November 10, 2016, 09:36:39 AM »

The amazing to me, is that Trump will end up losing the popular vote by about 2 points or close to it, and Trump won the closest state he really needed Florida by about a point (the tipping point state),

I thought the tipping point state was PA, not FL.  If Clinton had won PA, MI, and WI, she'd win.  All three were closer than FL, no?

It may be that way now. The numbers are evolving. It is still about a point padding though for WI, PA and FL.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #399 on: November 10, 2016, 09:37:05 PM »

GEORGIA TOO CLOSE TO CALL!!!! SERIOUSLY SWEATING LIKE A DOG!

Aahaha Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies