Massive anti-Trump protests going on in NYC and Chicago
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:59:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Massive anti-Trump protests going on in NYC and Chicago
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Massive anti-Trump protests going on in NYC and Chicago  (Read 1569 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2016, 08:02:57 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://patch.com/illinois/chicago/emergency-protest-be-staged-front-donald-trumps-chicago-hotel
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 08:16:55 PM »

I hope no one gets hurt, but I'm all for the protests to begin.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 08:21:57 PM »

As long as they are peaceful and don't destroy property, I'm all for it. Violent protests will only help Trump.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 08:23:29 PM »

What exactly are they trying to get out of these protests?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 08:25:37 PM »

We'll get to see William Jennings Bryan's prediction come true!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 08:28:42 PM »

What exactly are they trying to get out of these protests?

I bet half of them didn't even vote or voted for Stein. Way too much complacency in this election.
dirks

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 08:37:09 PM »

Just more coddled obese freakazoid purple haired liberal arts kids. Let them scream themselves out and if they get disorderly break out the riot police.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 09:01:19 PM »

Just more coddled obese freakazoid purple haired liberal arts kids. Let them scream themselves out and if they get disorderly break out the riot police.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 09:40:14 PM »

Exactly. They don't realize that they are the problem.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 09:49:42 PM »

Exactly. Having Lena Dunham as the face of SJWism doesn't help either. The Democratic Party just has to stop with the identity nonsense. We're all Americans, not everyone is a racist, not every man is evil.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 09:52:36 PM »

Oh boy...
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 09:53:43 PM »

These people are the problem. I'm happy that these people won't have power for four years.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 10:05:19 PM »

I didn't vote for Trump, but I wish him the best of luck in dealing with those whose express intention is to subvert our system of government. The radical left's disdain for democracy has never been clearer.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 10:17:33 PM »

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 10:19:12 PM »

This is just the beginning.... Trump ran as a "Modern Day Nixonian" on a basis of "law & order", the "silent majority", "secret plan to end the war", not to mention all of the racist dog whistles and WWC resentment to somehow deliver a better economic future to the Anglo downtrodden.

Although Millennials did not vote in huge numbers, and a large chunk voted 3rd Party, once again we have a Republican nominee that masqueraded as a champion of White Working Class voters, who will continue the same failed policies that we have seen from so many other Republican Presidents.

Trump won on the backs of elderly Whites in both the South (NC & FL) and the Rust Belt (WI, PA, and MI), and the Baby Boom generation is the most selfish ever in American History, that has sold the future of America down the river, while with a stroke of a pen Paul Ryan privatises Social Security and sticks it to the rest of us working and middle-class Americans, to live poor and unable to subsist in the twilight of our lives.

Protests and resistance will continue over the next four years, led by the Millennial Generation that many consider to be apathetic, but in reality see the struggles of their parents and grandparents, and do not see Trump's America in any way shape or form of their American reality.

Sorry to bag on some of you young Millennials on the Forum, regardless of party avatar or ID, but most of y'all don't come from blue collar roots like myself, and yes social unrest will increase significantly if Trump and his Republican Congressional allies try to ram through half the reactionary s**t that is on their agenda.

Today is not a good day for America, and when my son-in-law was in the Marines was considered a Latino, simply because of his complexion and surname (Although he is part Native American and Basque), but none of his fellow Marines gave an eff about that. Millennials don't see "race" and "ethnicity" the same way that many of these 55+ crowd do, and quite frankly looking forward to twenty years from now, where many of the old time haters have faded on to the sunset, and we will no longer see a candidate that uses explicit racist appeals to pander to greedy old white folks that are both resentful and also incapable of accepting the true multi-cultural fabric of the Modern Day American Mosaic.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 10:23:40 PM »

A Los Angeles youth during an interview on CNN calls for Donald Trump to be impeached.

A sign one girl says "Succession Calexit"

She misspelled secession. (Yes, she does mean they should secede when they interview her.)

Ah, now the girl next to her says "we need to be independent, for too long we have been codependent, tired of supporting broke-ass (trails off)"
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 10:26:19 PM »

Because surely throwing a fit and burning American flags is going to change the election results and make Americans want to vote for your candidate in the future. Honest to God, my generation.....
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 10:27:03 PM »

In the New York rally, a girl screamed "WE DON'T WANT WHITE FEMINISM! HILLARY CLINTON IS A WHITE SUPREMACIST TOO. WE WON'T ACCEPT HER EITHER." Glad to see they learned their lesson Smiley
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 10:28:13 PM »

This is just the beginning.... Trump ran as a "Modern Day Nixonian" on a basis of "law & order", the "silent majority", "secret plan to end the war", not to mention all of the racist dog whistles and WWC resentment to somehow deliver a better economic future to the Anglo downtrodden.

Although Millennials did not vote in huge numbers, and a large chunk voted 3rd Party, once again we have a Republican nominee that masqueraded as a champion of White Working Class voters, who will continue the same failed policies that we have seen from so many other Republican Presidents.

Trump won on the backs of elderly Whites in both the South (NC & FL) and the Rust Belt (WI, PA, and MI), and the Baby Boom generation is the most selfish ever in American History, that has sold the future of America down the river, while with a stroke of a pen Paul Ryan privatises Social Security and sticks it to the rest of us working and middle-class Americans, to live poor and unable to subsist in the twilight of our lives.

Protests and resistance will continue over the next four years, led by the Millennial Generation that many consider to be apathetic, but in reality see the struggles of their parents and grandparents, and do not see Trump's America in any way shape or form of their American reality.

Sorry to bag on some of you young Millennials on the Forum, regardless of party avatar or ID, but most of y'all don't come from blue collar roots like myself, and yes social unrest will increase significantly if Trump and his Republican Congressional allies try to ram through half the reactionary s**t that is on their agenda.

Today is not a good day for America, and when my son-in-law was in the Marines was considered a Latino, simply because of his complexion and surname (Although he is part Native American and Basque), but none of his fellow Marines gave an eff about that. Millennials don't see "race" and "ethnicity" the same way that many of these 55+ crowd do, and quite frankly looking forward to twenty years from now, where many of the old time haters have faded on to the sunset, and we will no longer see a candidate that uses explicit racist appeals to pander to greedy old white folks that are both resentful and also incapable of accepting the true multi-cultural fabric of the Modern Day American Mosaic.

Multiculturalism has it's pros and cons. Some people are tired of the accommodations. Period. They are fed up with the influx of undocumented immigrants in schools, crowding up the class sizes, etc. Get out of the bubble and realize it. I sadly did today.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 10:30:06 PM »

How about wait until Trump is in office and actually does something horrible?

This is lame.  Where were these guys two days ago in Philly, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Charlotte?
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 10:32:40 PM »

How about wait until Trump is in office and actually does something horrible?

This is lame.  Where were these guys two days ago in Philly, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Charlotte?

They were posting on the US Election Atlas forum laughing thinking it was in the bag?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 10:51:29 PM »

Brilliant. The status quo is shattered, unity ain't around the corner.
Willing to bet this is a preview of what is to come.
When Trump begins implementing policies, he will be met with deep resistance.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 10:54:26 PM »

Are you suggesting violent resistance? Because I hate to tell you this, but my side has the guns and provides most of the troops for the military, so......
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 11:09:26 PM »

Multiculturalism has it's pros and cons. Some people are tired of the accommodations. Period. They are fed up with the influx of undocumented immigrants in schools, crowding up the class sizes, etc. Get out of the bubble and realize it. I sadly did today.

With all due respect Bronze, the resentment goes much further than the "influx of undocumented" and "accomodations".

All of my grandchildren attend public school, and not private religious schools, and a majority of their classmates & friends are Latinos and Asian-Americans, the vast majority of whom are American citizens, and are already doing really well in a second language, while unfortunately the US educational system does not not emphasize until High School as a Pre Req for College admissions.

The fundamental point that I was making is that Americans 65+ as well as many 55-65, do not understand the changing ethnic makeup of America, and every simple interaction in a grocery or department store is viewed through a rose-tinted prism of their vision of 1950s Americana, and every time people speak Spanish or another language, it is seen as an existential threat to their core "Anglo American" identity, and all sorts of assumptions and stereotypes are made regarding their residency and work status to be in the US.

Unfortunately, this includes a few of my relatives in OC Cali....

Regardless, let's ask California Republicans how Prop 187 worked for the Party.... Trump has somehow managed to miraculously transform Texas Latinos into a population very close to Cali Latinos post Prop 187 in a single election....

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 11:12:11 PM »

Are you suggesting violent resistance? Because I hate to tell you this, but my side has the guns and provides most of the troops for the military, so......

uh, no? Resistance as in a political front/movement. I'm not talking about violence.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies