Will Orange County, CA be titanium D in 2024/2028? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:31:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will Orange County, CA be titanium D in 2024/2028? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Orange County, CA voted for Democrats by more than 10 points in 2024/2028?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Will Orange County, CA be titanium D in 2024/2028?  (Read 1870 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: December 29, 2016, 12:21:53 AM »

Orange Country will never vote Democratic again.

Nah. I think you (and RINO Tom) are making the assumption that OC's swing to Democrats was purely on the backs of suburban Republicans turned off by Trump who defected for one election only. That's certainly a part of it, sure, but more importantly, Orange County is extremely diverse despite it's stereotype as an all-white County and has a massively growing Hispanic and Asian population. I think Solid D status is certainly possible in the future.

In 2012, Obama only narrowly lost the county to Romney, a perfect fit for Newport Beach types.

Oh, I don't dispute that.  I'm just thinking that by 2020 it will still be White enough that it will vote for Trump.

You brought up a good point: this image of rich, White OC residents becoming Democrats is nothing short of absurd.  Comparing OC's demographics to its margins, I think it's fairly obvious that even WITH defections (which surely happened, but I do think THOSE voters aren't going to become Democrats ... why would they?), Orange County Whites voted solidly for Trump and even more solidly for downballot Republicans.  It's the diversity that is making OC closer.

Yeah, but who are those white people who are moving into OC? Young professionals working in IT and biotechnology. They aren't voting for Trump or any Republicans tainted by him anytime soon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies