It's official: Missouri has officially become...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:58:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  It's official: Missouri has officially become...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: It's official: Missouri has officially become...  (Read 4398 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 10:50:15 AM »

I thought that Chris Koster was going to win because of the poll numbers and being a strong candidate.

It's interesting that Missouri, a red state that has more in common with southern states than Midwestern states, elected its first Jewish governor this year, whereas blue states like Minnesota, Michigan, Massachusetts, Maine, and New Jersey have never even elected one.

I bet that the majority of the electorate had no idea that he was Jewish, since Jews are close to fully assimilated at this point and since he doesn't have a Jewish name.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 10:54:40 AM »

I thought that Chris Koster was going to win because of the poll numbers and being a strong candidate.

It's interesting that Missouri, a red state that has more in common with southern states than Midwestern states, elected its first Jewish governor this year, whereas blue states like Minnesota, Michigan, Massachusetts, Maine, and New Jersey have never even elected one.

I bet that the majority of the electorate had no idea that he was Jewish, since Jews are close to fully assimilated at this point and since he doesn't have a Jewish name.

Most did not.

I am very disappointed in Chris Koster for two things.

1) He did not run a smear or hostile campaign against Greitens. That is the path to victory for Democrats in MO

2) He ran a radio ad with Barack Obama's endorsement in attempt to turn out black voters in St. Louis. HUGE backfire.

That all being said, I think he would learn from those mistakes and I would rather have him as the Democratic nominee for Senate in 2018, not McCaskill.

In 2018, barring a very Republican year, if Democrats fail to retain Audit and US Senate and/or do not make any head way in the legislature, I would be absolutely willing to concede the state entirely.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 11:14:34 AM »

Most did not.

1) He did not run a smear or hostile campaign against Greitens. That is the path to victory for Democrats in MO

2) He ran a radio ad with Barack Obama's endorsement in attempt to turn out black voters in St. Louis. HUGE backfire.

That all being said, I think he would learn from those mistakes and I would rather have him as the Democratic nominee for Senate in 2018, not McCaskill.

In 2018, barring a very Republican year, if Democrats fail to retain Audit and US Senate and/or do not make any head way in the legislature, I would be absolutely willing to concede the state entirely.

^^ Radio ads don't exactly have YUGE visibility these days. Yeah, it probably changed some votes, but Grietens would have still won without it.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 11:16:13 AM »
« Edited: November 14, 2016, 11:44:13 AM by Jimmie »

Most did not.

^^ Radio ads don't exactly have YUGE visibility these days. Yeah, it probably changed some votes, but Grietens would have still won without it.

I think people are underestimating how hated Obama was in rural Missouri. If Koster did not run that ad and did smear campaign against Greitens, I am sure the 6% loss could have been wiped out.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article112847253.html

Greitens ran this ad, which included Obama's endorsement.

Yeah, hatred of Obama is not rational, but this is what killed Koster's chances of winning anything outside of St Louis, Boone or Jackson counties. I knew Koster lost as soon as I saw that he lost Ste. Genevieve, Iron and Jefferson Counties easily.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2017, 05:45:40 PM »

And:

Iowa is Missouri
Minnesota is Iowa

It's just all shifting south.  I guess we should be watching for Louisiana to fall into the Gulf!
Exactly what I was going to say.

It happened to Louisiana, mid-2000s.

Arkansas, about 2010.

Missouri, 2016

Iowa, 2020?

And finally Minnesota, mid-to-late 2020s.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2017, 07:29:01 PM »

And:

Iowa is Missouri
Minnesota is Iowa

It's just all shifting south.  I guess we should be watching for Louisiana to fall into the Gulf!
Exactly what I was going to say.

It happened to Louisiana, mid-2000s.

Arkansas, about 2010.

Missouri, 2016

Iowa, 2020?

And finally Minnesota, mid-to-late 2020s.

The population trends in the Twin Cities v. Greater MN would seem to prevent that.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 08:07:12 PM »

Arkansas moved way to the right during the Bush years.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2017, 01:41:34 AM »

And:

Iowa is Missouri
Minnesota is Iowa

On that topic...

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2018, 08:51:12 PM »

Alright lets see if this holds in November.

For Tuesday lets keep close eye on the D v R vote totals in Missouri-02. As we all know primary votes are not always indicative of general election voting but this is the first time Wagner is in any danger at all.

Let's all watch NO on Prop A win huge.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies