Guys...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:10:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Guys...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Guys...  (Read 778 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2016, 06:01:08 AM »

There are a lot of valuable posters who either already left after Trump's victory or contemplated to do so.

Please don't. We really going to miss you and your imput.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 08:42:45 AM »

As if they won't come back lol.

Give them 1 week and all will return
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 01:10:48 PM »

I'm stuck here like herpes.

Though I did leave another website cause I got bored of it a while ago. Not so with this website.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 01:37:46 PM »

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 02:14:31 PM »

I ain't goin' nowhere, but I understand why some are.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 03:16:26 PM »

If I can endure Atlas after Romney lost (where I was mocked even though I supported Gary Johnson), then Afleitch and others should endure this. If Afleitch can't handle a little ribbing on Atlas Forum, then he probably is in his personal life a complete mess. Good posters are only embarrassing themselves and exposing their own psychological weaknesses. Sad!

Edit: Half are going to be crawling back here anyway with their tails tucked between their legs when they realize they have nothing better to do anyway. At least Afleitch can paint like a pro. The others can't.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 04:41:07 PM »

If I can endure Atlas after Romney lost (where I was mocked even though I supported Gary Johnson), then Afleitch and others should endure this. If Afleitch can't handle a little ribbing on Atlas Forum, then he probably is in his personal life a complete mess. Good posters are only embarrassing themselves and exposing their own psychological weaknesses. Sad!

Edit: Half are going to be crawling back here anyway with their tails tucked between their legs when they realize they have nothing better to do anyway. At least Afleitch can paint like a pro. The others can't.

Some people I know are literally terrified of trump, and with good reason. I should probably be a lot more afraid then I am. Obama wasn't like that. Romney wasn't like that. Even Bush wasn't like that...
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 07:13:20 AM »

Given the hateful rhetoric on this forum aimed at the right before this election (and not just about the US presidential election), it's clear that a sizeable portion of posters can dish it out, but can't take it. I will miss afleitch, since he was a smart cookie and argued well for the most part. Others, not so much.

And seriously, they just elected Berlusconi, not Hitler. It's going to be a bad presidency but not that bad.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 01:52:47 PM »

Given the hateful rhetoric on this forum aimed at the right before this election (and not just about the US presidential election), it's clear that a sizeable portion of posters can dish it out, but can't take it. I will miss afleitch, since he was a smart cookie and argued well for the most part. Others, not so much.

And seriously, they just elected Berlusconi, not Hitler. It's going to be a bad presidency but not that bad.
Well, predictions for Trump aside, yes. The overreaction of Atlas Forumites and students here in Tallahassee is hilarious. The fear they hold is a stunning indictment of the millennial generation in terms of collective psychology and a stunningly superficial grasp of history.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 02:01:13 PM »

Well, predictions for Trump aside, yes. The overreaction of Atlas Forumites and students here in Tallahassee is hilarious. The fear they hold is a stunning indictment of the millennial generation in terms of collective psychology and a stunningly superficial grasp of history.

I've often heard that the millennial generation is far less selfish than, for example, the Baby Boomer generation; in fact the millennial generation's selfishness is very much there but it tends to be expressed in a collective manner. That may sound like a contradiction but it's not. Of course it goes across both sides of the divide - millennial Alt Right types tend to 'stick together' just as much as the SJWs or whatever.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 02:58:22 PM »

I've often heard that the millennial generation is far less selfish than, for example, the Baby Boomer generation; in fact the millennial generation's selfishness is very much there but it tends to be expressed in a collective manner. That may sound like a contradiction but it's not. Of course it goes across both sides of the divide - millennial Alt Right types tend to 'stick together' just as much as the SJWs or whatever.
I know from direct experience living in the heart of one of America's more prominent college towns: this generation is as selfish if not more so.

I have a friend (kinda sorta-more of an associate who is friends with other friends) who obviously will not be named. His girlfriend was recently the victim of a very terrible crime and has been, as expected, in a very fragile state of mind as she comprehends what happened to her. She emotionally closed herself off to him, he gave up trying to help, he had a moment of weakness, and cheated. She went ballistic when he told her, and then went to the police and claimed that he had attacked her. He came to my apartment in a panic, and then called her after seeking my counsel and aired out their dirty laundry on speaker phone, intentionally trying to legally tie my down as a witness in a personal battle that has no interest to me what so ever.

Last night, there was this Indian looking kid who lives in my building and was walking past my first floor unit when he saw my Trump sign. He started banging on my window and screaming "finks Trump" over and over again. Had I not been in the process of enjoying a soon to be legalized narcotic and had eyes that were not as red as the devil's dick, I'd have called the cops. This is millennial behavior.

My cousin in Pennsylvania, who is 22 and struggling with depression (ironic considering he partially traumatized with the bullying he imparted on me and he doesn't have two brothers, one of whom is autistic and the other one a heroin junkie) threw a temper tantrum on Monday when his mother (my mom's cousin and best friend) told him he needs to go back to school or get a job. He responded by punching the fridge and breaking his hand, which had to be screwed back together. This is millennial behavior.

Look at the epidemic of sexual assault on campus that is suddenly becoming a major crisis, and then look at the fact this current generation of students first exposure to sex comes from watching Japanese girls poop on each other while my dad's was using a worn copy of Playboy that he stole from a friend's house in like 1967. See a correlation?

Think about the rising amount of mass shootings and suicides. We have more gun control now than we did when my father was growing up, yet we have far more shootings. Is it perhaps because the generation that spawned Elliot Rogers doesn't know how to properly handle and successfully integrate disappointment? Is it because every kid got a trophy?

Personally, the one good thing about the increased lifespan is that the people born around 1969-1973ish will hopefully stick around for a long, long time. They seem to be the most reasonable group of people when classified by age.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 04:20:01 PM »

If Afleitch can't handle a little ribbing on Atlas Forum, then he probably is in his personal life a complete mess. Good posters are only embarrassing themselves and exposing their own psychological weaknesses. Sad!

Go f-ck yourself you piece of pasty diarrhoeic sh-t Cheesy
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 04:38:43 PM »

If Afleitch can't handle a little ribbing on Atlas Forum, then he probably is in his personal life a complete mess. Good posters are only embarrassing themselves and exposing their own psychological weaknesses. Sad!

You're abandoning a community you've been part of for years over an election result. Something is obviously amiss here aside from the result. Even Comey could solve that mystery.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 04:41:38 PM »

Umm, while I hope afleitch is eventually going to return (seriously), let's not start with this line of "reasoning", please.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 05:15:05 PM »

Intergenerational bickering is moronic.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 05:42:14 PM »

You're abandoning a community you've been part of for years over an election result. Something is obviously amiss here aside from the result. Even Comey could solve that mystery.

I'm 32, married and working as a higher officer in the civil service in a job I started in July. I don't have the time.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 06:42:32 PM »

I thought you'd gone?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 06:44:54 PM »

Guys seriously?
Are personal attacks like that really necessary ?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 10:24:19 PM »

Personally, I wish I could say what will happen to me, but I can't.  My own health has already been in a spiral for a while now.  I came back to this forum after a year and a half because I was desperate to occupy my mind with something whilst dealing with a very unpleasant situation.  I have no idea where I'll be in the next two weeks, nevermind the next two months, and that's the way things have been for me for a very long time.  Obviously an election that leaves my own security and the security of those around me uncertain does nothing to assuage my concerns.

So if I end up having to take a break/leave/be admitted somewhere/etc. and the price I have to pay for that is being called "psychologically weak" on an internet forum, then guess what: I really don't care, because that's the least of my problems now.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 11:54:08 PM »

At least most people in our generation aren't as terrible as ChairmanSanchez.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 06:52:59 PM »

I know from direct experience living in the heart of one of America's more prominent college towns: this generation is as selfish if not more so.

I have a friend (kinda sorta-more of an associate who is friends with other friends) who obviously will not be named. His girlfriend was recently the victim of a very terrible crime and has been, as expected, in a very fragile state of mind as she comprehends what happened to her. She emotionally closed herself off to him, he gave up trying to help, he had a moment of weakness, and cheated. She went ballistic when he told her, and then went to the police and claimed that he had attacked her. He came to my apartment in a panic, and then called her after seeking my counsel and aired out their dirty laundry on speaker phone, intentionally trying to legally tie my down as a witness in a personal battle that has no interest to me what so ever.

Last night, there was this Indian looking kid who lives in my building and was walking past my first floor unit when he saw my Trump sign. He started banging on my window and screaming "finks Trump" over and over again. Had I not been in the process of enjoying a soon to be legalized narcotic and had eyes that were not as red as the devil's dick, I'd have called the cops. This is millennial behavior.

My cousin in Pennsylvania, who is 22 and struggling with depression (ironic considering he partially traumatized with the bullying he imparted on me and he doesn't have two brothers, one of whom is autistic and the other one a heroin junkie) threw a temper tantrum on Monday when his mother (my mom's cousin and best friend) told him he needs to go back to school or get a job. He responded by punching the fridge and breaking his hand, which had to be screwed back together. This is millennial behavior.

Look at the epidemic of sexual assault on campus that is suddenly becoming a major crisis, and then look at the fact this current generation of students first exposure to sex comes from watching Japanese girls poop on each other while my dad's was using a worn copy of Playboy that he stole from a friend's house in like 1967. See a correlation?

Think about the rising amount of mass shootings and suicides. We have more gun control now than we did when my father was growing up, yet we have far more shootings. Is it perhaps because the generation that spawned Elliot Rogers doesn't know how to properly handle and successfully integrate disappointment? Is it because every kid got a trophy?

Personally, the one good thing about the increased lifespan is that the people born around 1969-1973ish will hopefully stick around for a long, long time. They seem to be the most reasonable group of people when classified by age.
What is this garbage?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 08:27:38 PM »

I think saying "people are selfish" is an accurate enough statement, and we can leave it at that.

Anyway, I can't speak for everyone, but I'm still here, and I'm not going anywhere. A disappointing outcome is all the more reason for me to stick around and be vocal about my beliefs, lest my side be forgotten or fail to be heard.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 08:58:27 PM »

What is this garbage?
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 05:08:36 AM »

I've avoided most news since the early hours of Wednesday morning and I'm probably going to keep doing so for some time. It has been very difficult, but I am working through it. I'm not going to spill my guts here about how I really feel as I refuse to let anyone else take glee out it. I've vastly increased my ignore list here and that list may grow. I, for one, do not ever recall being a sore winner when President Obama was reelected. I would hope that those on the other side, as horrible as some have been, would recognize this. You may have won this year, but victory is fleeting. After two great elections in 2006 and 2008, Democrats came to realize this in 2010. We can come back in two years and win the House and win governorships across the country that affect the country throughout the 2020s.

This is not the country I recognize right now and I acknowledge that my predictions overall were very wrong. I will grieve and lick my wounds, but I will get up. And I know the pain is hard, but to my fellow Democrats and Hillary supporters, we will stand up. The strength it must have taken her to give that speech Wednesday morning is a strength I do not have. If we can even take a fraction of that strength, we will be okay. We will resist. We will fight. We will prevail.

I won't lie on one aspect. I am very torn right now between two competing mindsets. There is a big part of me that is too stubborn to give up. We're just as American as you, goddamn it. This is our country too and I'm not sorry that we've become a more tolerant and inclusive society under President Obama. On the other hand, another significant part of me wants to support California's independence as a new and separate nation. Californians, an eighth of population and the world's sixth largest economy, voted by a record margin to elect the first woman President. To those that would want to join such a new nation, we would welcome you with open arms. Independence may be jumping the gun right now, but it should be on the table if Trumpism truly takes hold in enough states without a national popular plurality (let alone majority). In other words, I will stand and fight now, but a futile fight should result in the dissolution of this country as we know. It's one thing to have differences, but I have difficulty seeing how Blue America and Red America (not Atlas colours, btw) can reconcile after now-historic differences. I believe it has been said that it is easier to find good neighbours than good roommates. Right now, I just don't know what the proper course of action is.

I'm not going to leave, but I will probably scale back my posts and avoid a certain day or so in January. I'm pretty burnt out at this point and I'm trying to grab what hope I can.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 12:36:46 PM »

What is this garbage?
See this is why I emotionally detach myself from most of my peers everywhere I seem to go. You can't win with them. You can't ever be right. You can't even get an apology.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies