Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:57:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration  (Read 213482 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« on: March 19, 2017, 03:47:50 AM »

Hello! Like everyone else I have to say that this timeline is absolutely wonderful, TD. Thanks so much for making it!

I guess the one question I'm left with after reading it is: given that this is your best guess for the way things are going to go for the foreseeable future, how do you feel about it?

Like, as a Sanders Dem, this is a great timeline to read. Indeed, I and a lot of Sanders supporters I know got involved with the campaign with an explicitly Goldwateresque mindset. This TL (barring all the crises that brought it about, obvi) is exactly what I think Sanders Dems need to do.

But you, as a #NeverTrump, Reaganite conservative, are exactly who loses out the most (other than the small number of professional Trumpian pseudopopulists like Bannon & Steven Miller et al) in the post 2024 era. Likewise, you seem to treat as a necessary political given a lot of entitlements I'd imagine someone with your ideology fundamentally objects to.

Yet some of your language (specifically regarding what the Dems became, but I'm on my phone so I can't pull specific quotes that easily) is downright triumphalist. The Dems regaining "the greatness of the majority party they used to be."

So, I guess, what's your *normative* take on all this? Are the Cordray Dems truly massive FFs in your opinion?
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 05:45:29 AM »

Re: the 2068 elections - Mars and the Moon getting statehood before PR is...... galling.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 09:02:58 AM »

Re: the 2068 elections - Mars and the Moon getting statehood before PR is...... galling.
PR is a state, and has been one since the Cordray administration.

So are Mars and the Moon one state?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies